0 comments

General

"Can you keep you a secret?" asked Joelle.  I started to feel worried why my best friend is asking me if I can keep a secret?. We always tell each other everything and I responded with yes! Joelle what's wrong? said Lucy. what I am about to tell you can put us both in danger. I am telling you that now because I need your help otherwise I would have never put on the line. Now, I am really freaking out. what is happening. Why is she being suspicious? Lucy thought. Joelle, whatever it is. You know I am always there for you. Joelle takes a deep breath before she says, `` I have been wiping your memories ever since your family was kidnaped... because… I am a...  and she saw him coming into the restaurant. HE IS HERE!  Who is here? asked Lucy. But instead Joelle telling her the truth she looked at Lucy's eyes and wiped her memory again. Forget that I was here and she disappeared.

Lucy was startled. She was sitting on her own with a reservation for two people. She thought why have I ordered for two people. Lucy finished her food and called for a waiter to check out. Lucy asked the waiters. Was there anyone beside me?. The waiters replied, "no ma'am, is everything alright?. No.  Lucy thanked the waiters for her service and took off. She thought, is she going mad? she went home.

The next morning Lucy was getting ready for school when Joelle called her and asked her if she could come over at night and Lucy was excited. Joelle is running out of time. She has to tell her the truth before everything falls apart.

It was evening when Joelle arrived at Lucy's house. It is her first time Joelle entering Lucy's house because she never has been there before for personal reasons and Lucy has respected that.

Joelle told Lucy the truth.

 Look I don't have a lot of time. You need to know who I am and who you are? Lucy is feeling confused. I have been wiping your memories ever since your family was kidnapped. They have sent you with me to protect you from the unknown world that is full of danger and the secret your parents have left behind them. I am a fairy from The Land of Invisible. Lucy is listening with intense interest as if Joelle is telling a bedtime story. Joelle continued. Your parents were also fairies but royal fairies. They escaped you from the land of Invisible when your mother had you for your safety but the man we were running away from has come to the town to hunt you. They call him Malbad. He is here in a mission to kill you to rule over the land of Invisible. I know you are wondering who is ruling over and to answer that is me and the rest of the fairies that were lucky to survive. Lucy is amazed and shocked at the same time can this be real?. Who is Malbad? Lucy asked. He is an extremely dangerous fairy who believes to be a king to take over the land and compel us to cross the other worlds and destroy it. In your case, humans. so, you have to come with me now to take the throne because the throne is cursed only a true royal can sit on it. Lucy is confused again. Why haven’t you told me or taken me to the land before? The reason is that you have turned eighteen, one of the fairies rules that when the royal born takes the throne when he/she turns eighteen because that way you have gained more power in you to face any darkness.  Lucy said. But I don’t have any power. Yes! You do. I have put a hold on your powers with your parents permission. Lucy has more questions. Why did my parents or you fight in Malbad? Because as I said one of the fairies rules is the only a royal born fairy could fight back. Us the fairies we do have limited powers. Joelle said. 

Lucy asked again. How can I use my power I have never been trained before? Joelle, you will know when you are in a battle. However we have to go. We have to go through a portal to cross to the other world, as they were getting ready to leave. A man appeared in the front door and he threw a dark cloth on them. All of them disappeared. 

I woke up feeling dizzy. I was in a cell and the next cell was Joelle, still unconscious. “Welcome to my world”, a male voice is approaching. If it isn't our precious little fairy Lucy right? I couldn’t speak, all I could say was Malbad. He chuckled, so you do know who I am. I tried to strengthen myself and stand up but I stumbled. What have you done to my parents? YOU MONSTER. Lucy said with anger. Oh, I have done nothing my dear, I only took what was mine. I have taken some of the fairies along with your parents' powers to summon my own world. Lucy was growing in anger. WHERE ARE MY PARENTS? They are safe with me in a place that is warm and safe. A place like a prison he said it with sarcasm. I know that your powers are on break now and that’s good news for me for I will take your power to rule over the world and you can stay with your parents and reunite for all the years of loss. Lucy looks at Joelle, still unconscious. You will never get what you want. Yes! Watch and learn. Said Malbad. With that he drained Joelle all her powers from her. She looks as if she is dead. What did you do to her? As I said, I will take her powers. Said Malbad. You are weak and now is my chance to take your power, you poor little thing. Lucy feels her body temperature is heating. I am not giving you anything. You Monster. She stood up still and with one movement she shot a voltage electricity to Malbad Body, he was shaking with high voltage and with a few more seconds he turned to ashes. Lucy fell on her knees. She needs to recharge from all this power. She was surprised. She thought to herself, how was I able to do that. 

 Breathing heavily, she looked at the floor and noticed there was a ring. She weakly crawled her way up and got the ring. It was a black ring. When she wore the ring it shined. And all the powers of fairies were returned to their owners. She felt strong and powerful. She ran to Joelle, and Joelle opened her eyes, what happened? Where are we? How… we were… . Come down, we are fine. Said Lucy. We need to find my parents, I believe there are down in other cells. How did you as Joelle was asking, I will tell you everything once we find my parents and the other fairies.

Lucy and Joelle, found Lucy’s parents and the other fairies that were captivated. Lucy reunited with her parents and she visited the Land of Invisible and set on the throne to lift the curse. The land rejoiced because their world was at peace once again. But Lucy also has other duties; she also has another life that is waiting for her. The human world.

                    THE END

August 21, 2020 18:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.