0 comments

General

I vividly remember that day, it was my 12th birthday. Balloons decorated the place with a vibe of tranquillity. The room was full of people whom I adored from the deepest chords of my heart. Family, friends, relatives, and all my good acquaintances occupied the hall while I entered the room with my favourite turquoise coloured dress curled up at the ends and squeezed in the middle with a pair of black stilettoes. I stood at the center of attraction of the buzzing crowd. The huge cake with phenomenal dressing faced me with the few candles on it. I looked around the crowd and smiled quietly before the people started wishing along the tune of the band. "Honey, make a wish." My mom placed her hand gently on my shoulder. "Will it come true?" The words escaped my lips before I knew it did. The crowd giggled at my gesture. Maybe they thought I asked it for fun. "Yes dear, it will, I promise." My dad reassured me. I closed my eyes and I wished that, 'I want to die before my 20th birthday." I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. I look at mom who gave birth to me yet never let me hug her even once because she believed I constantly need attention, next stood my dad who loved me and believed me that I will grow up and join his company for which I have to skip my basketball practice and get the lessons from my tutor, I look at my friends who never cared if I'm falling apart or not as long as they can use my money for the parties, the acquaintances were highly present for the business talks with dad. I scanned the whole room for just one person who actually cared about how I suck at Math and yet dad thinks I should excel in it, how I ask mom to lay besides me when I have terrible nightmares and she would just walk away, how I have hated the fact at every single morning I have woken up with swollen eyes, migraine and dizziness from the side effects of the sleeping pills. Every night I wished to disappear in thin air and never return back. It's been seven years and I think I have overcome my disabilities with great commitments and found love in the most unloved and abandoned things. One of the most abandoned thing was myself. I breathed. And breathed. And then I suddenly woke up one day realising I am living my life. The other day while I was listening to 'Delicate' by Taylor Swift I walked down the road. "Move, move, move, move.." My head kept on repeating the words. 'Stay right there" my heart said it all at once. Amidst my thoughts I screamed my heart out in the middle of the road. There was a red car coming right in my direction, at first I hesitated to move, but then, the chaos in my heart fell silent and I looked in the direction where the car was heading to. It was coming in my direction. It was just five seconds away now, four seconds, three seconds, two, one. Beep.beep.beep. That day when I lost my life on the midst of the thin air I knew I have succeeded in my life. I achieved what I originally planned. There was a smile on my lips while I laid there and conquered my wish. They always say ' be careful for what you wish for, maybe some wishes do come true' I believe that moreover we make them come true. No matter what, we know what our hearts want and then we name it a 'wish' and keep walking on that path.

November 22, 2019 15:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.