0 comments

Romance Fiction Teens & Young Adult

Love In The City

That’s the thing about this city that wants Sahil to stay forever. Plato had ever said, “This city is what it is because our citizens are what they are.” Individuals play a great role in a society and that makes hand a wonderful city and country respectively.

Huge buildings which block the sun, the splendid sea view with huge vessels on it and the lovely smiles and greeting of the people. Despite many hearts may be filled with hatred but at first sight, the smile counts.

Sahil was not new to the city but he loves to be here, away from his village. He always dreamt of settling here with her beautiful wife Khushi. With lots of sacrifices and hard works, he eventually made his dream comes true.

The city was very auspicious for him. His love story began here. Khushi, he met and saw her for the very first time near the harbor with her girlfriends. Among the rest three ladies, Sahil rested upon his eyes on Khushi. Her straight black hair, dark brown eyes, red lips, fair complexion, slender figure, and she wore a blue pair of jeans and a white shirt. She was mesmerizing. Her amazing smiles apart – when she does, even her eyes do and get those sparkles.

From that dazzling sight of Khushi, Sahil often goes to visit the place where she was with her girlfriends. God is great and he had faith that soon again, he will see her. He even makes wishes

every day for that beautiful day.

In the eagerness to see Khushi, the city had become a second home for Sahil. He made new friends. They make him show around the city, the places where anyone can get good food and at any time and despite so crowded, he was not feeling alone.

His wish was to settle down here. Each time he was in the city, he was not bored but happy.

Unlike other cities, this city had work opportunities and he loves the food that it was being offered each time and places he encountered. He was sure that the people around were his kind of people who got the very same awesome feeling and are very satisfied. He wanted to get more involved with the people and activities around him. Sahil wanted Khushi as well to join – he wishes it and was sure that she would love this city.

The day was amazing when he was attending the New Year show at the harbor, the same place and time. Khushi was there, looking exquisite. Sahil talked to her – shared mobile numbers. They spent 2 hours talking, laughing at silly jokes, and dance to rock music that night. New the year began fabulously.

Khushi often asks Sahil for a meeting at the harbor. Her talks made him realized that even she wanted this city as her future stays and work. Even she came up from a village. Sahil placed his point of view and propose Khushi join in and make this dream into reality.

Khushi accepted Sahil’s proposal happily. They got married within a year in their village. Both worked very hard – day and night sacrificing their personal needs. The honeymoon trip was not grand as they had to save money to settle in the city. Each night, both talk about their planning and vision when they will settle in the city. 

It took them 8 months after their marriage to step into the project of living in the city. They bought land on leasing and took a huge loan. Many phone calls were made to engineers, contractors, and interior designers. In the 10 months, their dream house started taking shape. They did not throw weapons, as they kept working harder. Their house of 10 rooms including a leisure room,

washroom, study room, kitchen and balcony, built-in 7 months. In all, they had to wait for nearly half a year to step into their dream house, in their dream city.

In the city, their life was not the same but so different, perfect days, the new friends including neighbors. Each and everyone was awesome people. This had given them lots of happiness.

Soon, Khushi was pregnant. Since it was Sahil and Khushi’s first child, they wanted the baby step in this world and bring more happiness into their life.

During Khushi’s pregnancy, Sahil fulfilled her entire wishes and fortunately, this had provided all that they both needed and at any time. Nine months flew marvelously. The great day arrived when Khushi gave birth to a baby girl. All their friends and relatives were present to share their happiness that particular day. They named her Kanak.

Kanak was very cute. Everybody connected to Sahil and Khushi often came to visit them and spend quality time. Kanak was so lovely and love their parents so much. Since childhood, Sahil

had taught her how he wanted to live in this city and how her mother helped and eventually became her loving partner all way through.

This city had provided all the toys, books, and awesome kid's place to Kanak to make her smile and happy. With time, sacrifice, and hard work, Khushi and Sahil repay their loan. They were relieved of debt but they thank the authorities as they were even part of helping them build their dream. Kanak was nurture with an abundance of love and respect. Sahil and Khushi did not leave any gap in upbringing her. They gave her all she needed.

Now Kanak is 18 years. Those years were times when she got lots of guidance and basic education. She was stepping into University for higher studies. She always remembers what her parents told her about this city and its facilities. She made up her mind to stay and end her beautiful in here itself. She was on the same track as her parents.

Now since Kanak was on the way to maturity, Sahil and Khushi felt so lucky and grateful. They spend an hour at the same harbor where they both ever met and made a decision.

This city will be always amazing.

March 19, 2021 18:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.