The Other side of the Savior

Submitted into Contest #88 in response to: Write a story about an ordinary person speaking truth to power.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Sad Crime



Who else need to know how villainous John Kerry was? would one think killing one's sister is a crime ? yes! it is. But to John Kerry, it was a kill for amusement.


If John Kerry could slain his own younger sister, whose offense was 'asking why he raped her housemaid', no head is too big to roll before him.


He was as ruthless as king pharaoh in the scripture, but was as cool as a helpless poor lad before he was elected as the president. He used to lay flat before the nobleness of all –before the cripples, like a hungry dog stung by bees.


He would be caught crunching carrot like a man of the commoners to gain public likeness. He would prefer to flood out tears during campaign in lieu to declaring what he would offer if being given the mandate . He really got people in a big time. He won the election in a landslide and later became a terror that trapped people in tremor.


A day that followed his swear in, he first declared three days as public holiday. After that, he cut the wages by 20%. The move that provoked public outcry.


He felt no remorse ,he thought the new policy, to be implemented, would descend down thier past ancestors.


President John Kerry constructed a pool of canivorus reptiles – alligators, crocodiles,snakes among others .


"His Excellency " ,his spokesman asked, " Is there any mystery behind this infrastructure"? He maneuvered himself with glared in delight, " you're wise! it's a mystery! an idea of an enigma. Money always intoxicate poor people while fear makes them to deny truth. Poor people are vulnerable to fear and money . Instead of to intoxicate them with the latter, I'd do with the former . whoever denies the truth, will be served as a meal to my alligators". The spokesman budged from where he stood. He was shocked as he re-knotted his tie in a constant interval.


" Tomorrow, I shall address my vulnerable people on new policies "


" yes ,sir! your message will be delivered, sir !"


As the day approached , people were already down-casted and hoping for another looming danger.


" My vulnerable countrymen, I knew y'all must have been under tremendous pressure by now. I don't need you to be tensed, all what I need is loyalty . Don't deny me, I don't want to deny you. If you deny me, there's only one thing I can promise you , you'll be served as a meal to my alligators"

Some people were already in grief, some switching off Tvs, while some were raged beyond normal, breaking the Telivison screen.


" Don't be tensed , calm down!! as from now, importation and exportation of goods must stop" ,he paused a bit, looked around, and adjusted his glasses. He knew it was going to be a sledgehammer on people's faces . " I want this to be a knowledge for all that any profit you make in any business you do, my Government owns 50% of it. However, failure to compromise will attract execution"


There was a terrible uproar aided with tumult. They knew they're afflicted with misfortune. "we've finally voted for a supposed messiah who turned to a villain" ,they said.


People were burning in the mind. They regretted ever voting a miscreant who desired to ruin the entire nation.


" This is a looming danger, we're heading to recession already, and we can forsee our nation to be plaque with famine and banditry soon"


President John Kerry watched this statement live on TV by his minister and immediately order he be arrested and thrown into the reptiles pool. The brutal action that shocked the whole nation.


The increment in tuition fees became hell for all parents and made higher institution unaffordable for the average people.


George Walter rose to his feet, " this inhuman treatment must stop. We have to stop this even it gonna cost my life or education" he said.


George walter spent his entire life defending the defenseless– haves-not, cripples, and less secured. He believed in 'right of all' not right of minor who have insatiable appetite for pocketing the whole world fortune, if God permitted. He would spend all night musing about the suffering of his people." If I was in power", he thought, "I would always order foods to go round the poor who feed on crumbs"


George walter was a known activist, he was a 3rd year student of Brilan university. He was elegant ,huge and outspoken. His baritone voice was the glee of the class.


George walter left his school on a sunny day. He got home and gathered all the home electronics and sold them out, including his mother's jewelries, which he sold at high price. He used the money to fund the protest – bought T -shirts,placards and other things to aid protest to go on smooth sailing. He had called all his colleagues to gather protesters across each faculty. He got back to school and flew out a heavy protest.


They took to the main road in thousands, heading to the high way. There was an unprecedented traffic . The news that the major high way has been blocked had reached the presidential villa . Mr president Was about to make a new policy.


The protest had generated another uproar. Protesters were matching to the presidential villa armed with placards, plank and various weapons.


Before the president could order for the Soldiers to unleash attack at the protesters, they had immersed in the entire villa. It became a breach of democracy for shoot at sights to be administered.


Mr President emerged from the balcony, as the noise '' fox must go!" became audible and had ravaged every book and cranny of the villa.


" Who are those calling for my head?" He became visible to the protesters. " what do you want my vulnerable people" he said from afar .


George walter came out with plank in his hand.


"Mr President, the citizens are bitter with you. You have cut the ground under them. You were once their messiah. Unlike your predecessors, your story will be off in the book, and your children shall pay for it"


William kerry, a 9years old President John kerry's son advanced to his father , he asked " Dad, is it true? we're going to pay for the evil you're doing? "


John kerry looked in disdain , he looked into williams' eyes. He loves him so much and wanted the best state of living for him.


He moved forward, he threw two hands up and brought his right knee to the floor. Tears oozing from his eyes,he regretted ever afflicted his nation with threat,fear and suffering ," forgive me, I'm still your slave. I'm not the leader, truly you gave me the mandate to serve you as a servant. Today, reformation has come to stay. It's now the right time to implement people's policies . please forgive me. I will do a new things henceforth"


People went agog, as they felt relief. They felt the new dawn of the nation. They ,in response, vowed to support him achieve every step he decides to take for the betterment of the country.


George walter dropped his plank,followed by others. The sound of weapons frolicking on the floor, signalled that the country is ready to regain the repose of the serene .


"Walter, You're the hero!!!" , all glares on a crippled man who was shouting from the back. "you sold your parents properties to this campaign, I'm aware ". People touched , what an heroic deed. They started shouting " George is the hero !!!"


Say the truth,it might free a nation !


– Bisi Adekola

(adekolasmart6261@gmail.com)


April 04, 2021 16:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.