2 comments

Drama High School Fantasy

I looked up at them. The Ivy league of this school, goblins vs. ghouls, I ran my hand through my silvery dark mane. It was usually a mess but today I had enough time to tame it, I walked into school head low because I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention. 

As obvious as it is, I'm not close to the ¨ popular ¨ title. To be honest I'm pretty sure I have more qualities of the ``¨ Nerd" Title.  

I always manage too, even when it's not on purpose. I've lived here my whole life, well as long as I can remember. I and my mother don't stay in one place for too long, she works for a company that always has her on the move.

Out of nowhere, a flying marker hits me in the side of the head. ¨ Ouch ¨!, Oops, sorry Sarcasm dripping from his voice. "Nerd they whisper and they scurry off. I'm not the most attractive so guys aren't interested in me.

I don't understand why people even pick on me honestly. I only have one friend. Speak of the devil. Rachella walks up towards me, hey bestie westie, hey girll I say. I've seen what they did to you. It wasn't an ¨ accident¨, Rachella it's fine, honestly, I don't care. Ayine, how long are you going to let people use you like a doormat?

I see my class up ahead, I don't have an answer for Rachella right now so I tell her that I'll see her later during lunch. ¨ Ok.¨ She mutters and walks off.

If Only Rachella knew how I felt. I know they shouldn't be teasing me and treating me like that. But how can I muster up the courage to even confront them? I'm a nobody. Pathetic. I even disappoint myself. I'm such a loser I chuckle. Deep down I just want to fit in honestly. I've been neglected, left out of things, and tossed away. I thought maybe If I let them pick on me maybe, a slight 0.5% chance They´ll accept me as one of them. weird logic. yeah, I know.

Ms. Bryson's class is my favorite, she's an athletics teacher, she's so nice but she also pushes us. Layla whispers into my ear, come with me to the back of the lockers after class. ¨ Ok!¨ I try to act cool but bro one of the popular girls is asking to talk to me? Can this not be a miracle?

After class I practically speed walk to my locker, Layla and her posse are already there, hey Ayline right? Y-yes I sputter, Way to go Ayline so long with the trying to act smooth. Okay, so we wanted to ask if you wanted to trash Mr. Jenkin's house with us tomorrow at 5. 

Girl what. rewind, I've always followed the rules I've stayed in the boundaries never defied any of them. Uhmm.. I- don't know... cmon Ayline. we´ll include you in everything after this. It's like you proving your loyalty to us. You'll finally be popular.

Ok pause, you're probably like she didn't do it, it's not worth it. sorry to disappoint you but I did it... I mean if you were in my place you would understand. This is a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity. This will never come again. So like the dumb, easy to manipulate child I was, I accepted. On the night it came… I had to sneak out there was no way I could let my mother know about this. She didn’t raise me like this... Crazy what people will do to gain some popularity. We went around to Mr. old Mc Jenkin’s house, he didn’t like me very much, I don't know if it’s because he’s old or if he doesn’t like kids, he knows my mother though. Layla gave me the toilet paper and a new surprise... Some eggs. While the other girls ran around throwing toilet paper, she stood there with me and told me to throw the egg at the windshield but we could both see there was still light, Mr. Jenkins was still in the room. Throw it she said... But I don't want to... Maybe this was a mistake. Hey Layla... Save it. Nerd. Throw the egg now. O-okay... I threw the egg and suddenly the door jolts open, outcomes Mr. Jenkins... I freeze, Layla runs away and so do the other girls and then I follow, I run straight home, face full of tears. Mind in the clouds. I get home and rush straight to bed, my mother isn’t home yet so I just collapse on my bed, Little did I know that the next day would be the worse day of my life. the next morning is a blur, I wake up to the sound of a phone blaring, my mother answers. She's in her pajamas frowning, Oh.. she says, she sees me and glares. That only means one thing.. AYLINE REHNIA TAYLOR! She bellows... I gulp... Yes, ma? Come down right here this instance! I scurry down the stairs, yes mom? Don't yes mom. You know exactly what you did. I glue my eyes to the floor. I’m up here not down there. Yes, ma ´ am I reply... Did you or did you not egg and toilet paper Mr. Jenkins House last night? She starts tapping her foot which means that if I lie, she will know. Y-yes I stammer. You’re grounded. What- Nope. get your stuff and go to school. Okay, I said when I arrive at school everyone stares. Is this whole world against me? I'm in class when the announcement is made that they need me in the front office. I shuffle my way there, when I get into the principles office he looks disappointed which is an arrow to the heart. Yes sir? Ayline, take a seat I would like to discuss some things with you. Ok, I say. I sit down and he spills it, we found out what you did yesterday and that is against our school motto. So we are demoting your position as president to the secretary. Layla will be the new president. I don't understand..-, I’m sorry. Rules are rules. I cane out of the office bursting into tears. I never knew that this is what it would come down to, over just trying to fit in. 

April 07, 2021 03:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Kylie Wallis
09:28 Apr 18, 2021

Kind of sad, but a lesson learned all the same. I think I may have spotted a grammatical error here and there. Still a good story. Wouldn't mind reading a few more.

Reply

Show 0 replies
</3 ..
15:12 Apr 12, 2021

thank you for reading <3

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.