0 comments

Friendship Drama Happy

Looking at the mirror Ryan thought that he is looking very bad in this dress, so he decided to change his dress, and came back again at the mirror and felt that this dress is also boring, and he has to change it. It was 15th in time in the last hour that he has changed his dress. After 2 years Ryan was invited in a party, he was getting dressed for the party but till now he was not sure whether he should go to the party or not. Last few years were very hard for Ryan, he was suffering from a chronic illness and that why he didn’t meet lot of people, all his time passed on the bed . after fighting for 2 years with the illness now he  was feeling better but he not totally recovered from it , doctors have told him that in few weeks he will be totally fine so he should be start meeting with people and should go back to a normal life , but this was not easy for him. He didn’t even told many people about his illness only few of his close ones knew that.

 During last 2 years his time passed watching Television or looking at the ceiling of his room. Now he was totally disconnected from the world and didn’t even knew what was happening in others life. But Today after 2 years when his school friend invited him to his marriage party, he was very excited as well very uncomfortable because his look has been changed due to illness and everybody in the party will ask him about where he was for the last 2 years. It was tough decision for him whether he should go to the party or not, but it was a very good opportunity for him to start normal life again and meet with people.

After trying 15 dresses in past hour, he decided to wear his favourite brown 3-piece suit which he tried on the first time. Then he looked at the wall clock it was 7:30 PM, only one hour was left for the party to be started. He took his car keys and opened the door of his House, The wind was blowing like a song in the environment and he could feel the wind on his face and it felt so nice to him. Then he got into his car and goes to the party destination. He parked his car and when he looked at so many people there, he felt very unpleasant. He thought what am I doing here, I should be at home I don’t want to meet so many people . He was very shy about meeting so many people at once.

He started walking away from the venue of party and sat on a bench near a garden thinking about whether he should attend the party or not . His feet were shivering in the anxiety of going to his friends marriage party. So lastly he decided to go to the party , he stood up and slowly he started walking towards the venue. When he reached the venue he told himself that “ it’s ok lets  face this situation , and he entered the marriage party. When he reached there he realised that in the anxiety of going to party he forgot about carrying a gift for his friend as everyone who was there had a gift with them. He started feeling nervous again , suddenly he felt that someone was calling his name. He turned and saw that someone was waving hands at him, there was a smile on his face now It was his childhood friend Dylan with whom he had spent many years doing lot of fun in his life. But when they grew up they had to go other cities to continue their higher studies. Ryan and Dylan were common friend of Nathan whose marriage party they were attending.

When Both the friends met they hugged each other and Nathan came to join them , Ryan and Dylan congratulated him for his marriage. They started talking about how are they doing and then they asked Ryan that he is looking very weak. Then Ryan had to told them that he was suffering from chronic illness since two years. They were stunned , they asked him why he didn’t told them about this.

Ryan said “I didn’t wanted to make any trouble for anyone and I didn’t wanted that anyone worry about me”.

Nathan said “But we are good friends you could have told us, we must have done something that would have made you feel better and might helped you recover earlier”.

Dylan said that “I know Ryan You will never tell anyone if you are facing bad things in life, but we are your friends It would have been our pleasure to help you in that situation”.

Ryan said, “sorry my friends but I wanted to fight this situation alone”.

Nathan said “It’s ok my friend , come lets meet my bride “.

Nathan took Dylan and Ryan to his wife Nancy, He introduced both of his friends to his wife.

Then more friends came to join them at that moment , everyone was sharing happy moments of their childhood that they spent together.

Ryan and Dylan told Nancy how they bunked classes with Nathan , and how Nathan feared jumping from cliff into water. They laughed sharing so many beautiful moments of their life. Nancy’s friends also told many secrets about her to Nathan and everyone was enjoying that moment. Ryan was also very happy, he was also meeting many of his childhood classmates and they were remembering how they used to have fun in their childhood.

It was 10 PM now and Nathan said that everyone should get the dinner before they leave. Everyone went to the dinner table and enjoyed the delicious food, after so many years Ryan was having food in group of people, he was enjoying that moment. After finishing their food everyone started to leave the party .

Ryan went to Nathan and said “  Hey Nathan it’s time to leave now , sorry I forgot to carry a gift for You”.

Nathan said “ Oh my friend Ryan , Meeting you after so many years is the biggest gift for me, I hope that you will be fully fit in few days . I will visit you soon”.

Ryan : “ Yes my friend , I will be waiting for you and wishing you a happy married life”.

Nathan : Thank you my friend.

Ryan : I should leave now , Ok bye.

Nathan : Bye .

Ryan came out the hall suddenly he heard Dylan’s voice.

Dylan : Hey , Ryan I am coming with you .

Ryan : Are you not going to your home ?

Dylan : I have talked to my parents , and told them that I will take care of you few days.

Ryan : Oh Dylan ! There is no need to take care of me.

Dylan : Don’t worry my friend I will have lot of fun with you.

Ryan : OK lets go.

They went home and after some time Ryan told Dylan that it time for him to take some rest so he is going to sleep .

Dylan said ok.

Ryan layed on bed and started thinking about how awesome this day was . and he slept so peacefully after many years.

When woke up it was 9 AM morning, he thought that he got late .  He went to washroom and after being fresh he went to the kitchen to cook food but when he reached their , he saw that food was already prepared and everything was at their place. Then he remembered that his friend Dylan was also came with him last night. He went to Dylan’s room , he was watching television .

Ryan said “ why you cooked food , I had done it”.

Dylan : Don’t worry friend I woke up early so I thought I will do that for you and you will get delicious food made by me.

Dylan and Ryan played games together and talked about their future plans . They went to meet their some old friend together .

After that party Ryan had some really good time with his childhood friend.

May 12, 2021 11:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.