My story is entitled On the eve of my first day at school.

Written in response to: Set your story on the eve of the first day back at school.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure American Creative Nonfiction

My story is entitled On the eve of my first day at school.

Once upon a time,I realized that my first day at school was a memorable experience. I can still remember that very day when I was about twelve years of age and I was being admitted to school.

I was in school by then looking to meet almost my new classmates and other teachers but at the same time I was worried joining in and making new friends.

I went to Lincoln Community school with my parents both my dad and mum,Mr. Victor Brempong and Mrs. Victoria Brempong for admission into 4th Grade.

As I entered the gate of Lincoln Community school I was to see the classrooms. There was a big playground and a visitors Hall.

When the bell rang , I realized and saw that all the students had almost gathered for the National Anthem of the country, prayers and other announcements.

When the prayers was over they all marched to their various clas, dismissing from the parade ground.

I went with my father and mother together to the Principals office.

My father told the Principal of the school that I needed admission into 4th Grade at Lincoln Community school.

As I was observing and seeing my excellent marks the Principal of the school Lincoln Community school gave out an admission form to my father.

My father then filled it up and handed it over to the Principal.

It was the Principal who appended his signature on the form and then asked my dad to pay my admission fees of hundred U.S. dollars and school fees of thousand U.S. dollars.

The Principal of Lincoln Community school introduced me to the school.

He mentioned that there was a library, Gym and a swimming pool in the school.

Also the Principal mentioned that Lincoln Community school was an American International School. He added that at Lincoln Community school their certificates are internationally recognized.

Again Lincoln Community school embraces diverse cultures and other countries such as China ,Japan, Germany, United States of America, France, United Kingdom and other countries.

Lincoln Community school has both a playground and a sports complex for the students.

Also due to the hot weather conditions the classrooms are fixed with Airconditioners for a serene atmosphere.

In addition , the Principal of the school, Lincoln Community school made a comment that they have a boarding school in addition to the day students for the boarding students.

Almost students from other countries and those far from other regions of the country enroll at the Lincoln Community boarding school for them to be educated about American education.

At Lincoln Community school they have a basketball field at the sports complex. Also most of the students gathered and studied together in the Study room on campus.

It is also during this period that the management of the school , Lincoln Community school organizes quiz and other activities.

The Principal of the school mentioned that Lincoln Community school has a Science resource center with a Computer lab for the study of Computer and other ICT courses.

In addition, the Principal of the school Lincoln Community school mentioned that they have Internet facility that enhances and helps the students in the Research work to become better equipped in their education and Academia.

Also Lincoln Community school helps other communities by educating their children to become worthy of society.

At times, the staff and other teachers of Lincoln Community school organized activities in the school to introduce Parents and other children to the school in order to create awareness about the school and the kind of subjects and other courses being taught them.

These teachers and other staff gave a talk and an Introduction concerning the school, Lincoln Community school.

They also advise the general public and other Parents to enroll their children in their school , Lincoln Community school to earn for themselves American International education.

The Principal then ordered a teacher to take me into my classroom. The class teacher then wrote my name and made me enter the classroom. It was in the classroom that I got to know the name of my class teachers for various subjects to be taught by them. At that moment I made new friends and then interacted with my classmates and other peers.

Also in my Diary,I recorded the names of my class teachers and my new friends in it. It was at that moment that I wrote about my experience at my new school in my Diary for future reference whenever I am asked by the Principal of the school , Lincoln Community school.

In the classroom both the teachers and the students were all nice to me and they were all concerned about Education.

This was mainly due to the fact that Education is the key to success in life.

The teachers of all subjects discipline elaborated that Education is the key to success and without Education cannot excel in life and his Academia.

Also the teachers also emphasized on the fact that we must all learn very hard to overcome difficulties in life and to come out in flying colours in all exams.

Finally, in the Afternoon both my parents ,mum, and dad left me to interact with my peers and new friends together with my other teachers so that they will get to know me better.

It was then that I got to know the other staff of the school the Assistant Principal ,the Cook ,the Security men and several others.

Also in the day about a quarter past four O'Clock, my Dad drove his car to my new school Lincoln Community school to pick me up back home.

Later my dad got so amazed about my experience about my new school and then asked me whether I really liked the school and the teachers.

I obliged Yes to his question and he was so happy that I have got a school.

My Daddy also advised me read story books often since Readers become leaders. He also commented that a reading nation is also a winning Nation.

September 05, 2023 02:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.