The empty guest room in a dark basement

Submitted into Contest #96 in response to: Start your story in an empty guest room.... view prompt

0 comments

Crime Mystery Friendship

CHAPTER 1: THE DREAM

Hello my name is Sam. My mom and dad are sending me to a cool summer camp. I've been waiting for this day to come my whole life!!! I can't wait.

CHAPTER 2: I WOKE UP WITH A SHOCK IN A EMPTY GUEST ROOM

I wake up with a jolt, I was breathing so hard untill. "HEY ITS OK!! CALM DOWN ARE YOU OK!!??" I look up and it's just Mason, the boy who's been with me since we both got trapped in this place. I'm ok Mason I promise. "OK well don't scare me like that your all I have." I know, I know. All of the sudden we both heard a loud BANG above us. Did you here that, I whispered. "Yep I just thought I was imaging things." I heard it to, whatever that was.

CHAPTER 3: WHO ARE YOU

We were both shocked, what was that we both wondered. But all of our questions were answered when the door above us started to creek open. Who are you, I asked very suspiciously. "I am Michael, who are yall?" "We should be asking you the same thing". Mason don't be mean!!! " I'm sorry!! It's just we don't know him, or if he wants to kill us!!!" Well he sounds like he didn't know us so mabey he can help us.

CHAPTER 4: WELL HE HELP??

Hey umm Michael can you help us please. " can you tell me your names firsts??" Umm sure. My name is Sam, and this is my friend Mason. "I guess I could answer some of your questions mom doesn't want me out side for long." Umm out side??? "Yea do yall not know were you are??" "I'm pretty sure if we knew where we were she wouldn't be questioning that we were out side." Mason I said don't be mean. "Fine I'm sorry."

CHAPTER 5: QUESTIONS

" We are in my mom's basement ." "How did you find us, Michael??" "I was walking towards the kitchen to get a glass of milk. When I heard yall talking. I realized that the sounds where coming from the basement. I ran over to see who it was cause mom's a sleep and my dad is out the picture, so no one else should be here. And there was a door with several locks and chains on it. There also was a sign that said "don't open this door". So someone didn't want you to go in here. I guess not Mason. I wonder why your mom wants us anyways. I don't know either.

CHAPTER 6: DID SHE FIND OUT??

MICHAEL!!!! Who is that Michael?!?! OMG I THINK IT'S MY MOM!!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!? Just run back to the kitchen. OK!! Michael runs back into the kitchen, shutting the door behind him. Michael what did I tell you about making noises at night time. I'm sorry mom. It won't happen again, I promise. It better not now go back in bed. Ok?? Yes ma'am. I'm sorry again. It's fine. Once I went upstairs I ducked behind the railing and watched my mom go in the basement. So she knew they were there?? I heard my mom screaming at them. I was so mad. She locked them up in a dark empty room in her basement for God knows how long, and now she's going to scream at them. I'm so going to figure out what she plans to do with them.

CHAPTER 7: THE PLAN

I've been eyeing my mom for the past five weeks, and every night at the same time she goes and screams at Sam and Mason. I never found out what she was screaming about though. But today I can check. Mom is going out of town so I can finally go talk to them. Or at least that is the plan. All I got to do is wait.

CHAPTER 8: GOING IN THE BASEMENT

My mom just left. Now it's time to go talk to them. I walked slowly in the basement door. Surprisingly the door wasn't locked. Hey guys are you ok, I said as I opened up the door that held them in there prison. Hello Mike. Is it ok that I call you that?? Yea it's fine Sam. Ok. So I have a question about what she was talking to yall about? Sam and Mason just stared at one another. Are yall not going to tell me?? No thank you.

CHAPTER 9: WHAT HAPPENED

Sam and Mason still won't tell me what happened. I expected Mason to, but not Sam. Mason isn't really a talker. I plan to ask my mom about it but knowing her she will probably try to deny it. I here her car pull up into the drive way. I close the basement door and run out side to hug her. I hated how she acted like she didn't have two humans in her house. She was so stubborn.

CHAPTER 10: The confession

It was midnight I went to my mom's Room to ask her about the people in her basement. She told me I was insane that I was delusional that there was nobody in her basement. She even have the guts to tell me that she didn't have a basement. I was so mad that steam was coming out of my ears. I told her if she didn't tell me the truth that I would call CPS. She was freaking out so bad I mean how would she explain 2 teenagers a girl and a boy in her basement. She looked at me dead in the eyes and said that she faked a summer camp for kids then kidnapped the 2 when their parents dropped them off with her in all the woods all alone. I was mad but I bet Sam and Mason were more upset.

CHAPTER 11: SAM AND MASON KNOWS

I dragged my mom downstairs to the basement so she can explain herself to Sam and Mason. I told my mom to open the door that led herself to Sam and masons room but she just stood there in shocked and disbelief. I opened the door for her and Sam and Mason stared at us. I introduce them and said that she was my mom and that she's the one that kidnapped yall.

CHAPTER 12: FORGIVENESS

My mom explained herself to both Sam and Mason and that she was so sorry for what she did and how she treated them both. In the end they both forgave her and said that it was nothing and that had a good time with Michael and that they loved her son.

THE END

June 02, 2021 02:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.