Samson feeling powerless after his hair was shaved due to the betrayal of Delilah. by Mr. Prince De-Grant Brempong.

Submitted into Contest #58 in response to: Write a story about someone feeling powerless.... view prompt

3 comments

Creative Nonfiction

My story is entitled Samson feeling powerless after his hair was shaved due to the betrayal of Delilah.

Samson was observed from birth to be dedicated to God's service at the highest level.

Again Samson was a Nazarite and an ordinary believer. Samson ministry was no ordinary believer his Ministry was special and he vowed to treat it well.

However, Samson had a self control problem,and had enough strength in the form of power to fight battles. Samson was termed to be power hungry within a lot ways.

Samson attacked and fought a lion ,he killed the lion and used the skin of the lion as his garment.

Samson also fought many battles and he won.

Also Samson flirted with pride with unholy women to act out his unholy passions.

God gave Samson specific instructions concerning his Ministry,mission and unique calling.

It all began on a particular day through some means of a foolish game with a woman Delilah with a desire for Samson to flex his proverbial and literal muscles actually exhausted his power. The Lord exposed Samson to the consequences of his actions entirely.

Samson was known to be powerful that no man or even group of men could contain him. Samson fell to his own evil passions to the Philstines and he became a slave to them.

In Samsons story I learnt that we must respect God and his divine calling in our lives .God has invested so much in loving,equipping and commissioning us. We need a miracle of grace when he fall prey to our own lusts in a form of desire.

Sam are honey and locust that was the source of his strength and power.

Samson also became a blind slave he was powerless and a mockery called upon the Lord.

Samson then confessed his sins , turned also his heart from them and asked for God's strength to do what he was called to do in the first place.

Samson, later asked for some means of restoration to do what he was called to do. Also with the strength within Samson ,he by some means destroyed the pillars and buildings of. the Philistines by pushing down buildings.

Again before Samsons death God restored ,him to favour , strength in the Holy Ghost and missions . Samson was also more effective under the power of God, then he had been in years. The Lord reveals Samsons weaknesses to us, it is a privilege to fall into his loving arms of mercy and accept his power of grace over our weaknesses. It is due to this fact that we will become strong and powerful.

God works miracles on behalf of people as with the scenario of Samson.

Samson feeling powerless was very destructive and challenging in a way of life. Also Samson feeling powerless felt all sorts of pain and suffering, damages and some sorts of self esteem and impacts on the decisions we make entirely.

The act of feeling powerless destroys our self belief and our right to then decide what we want out of life.

In the scenario of Samson ,I observed and noted that powerless escalates depression and hopelessness.

There are causes of powerlessness feeling. This is noted that Powerlessness may be described as an overwhelming feeling of. helplessness or inadequacy in a stressful situation, making us more susceptible to some anxiety of some sort, stress and some depression. There is another fact that Powerlessness also includes an inability to exercise our freewill, when it comes to expressing an opinion making decisions or asserting

to other choices in life.

In addition the act of being powerless means that you are devoid of strength or resources and seen as powerless victims as in the issue about Samson.

Again, lacking the Authoritiy or the capacity to act was powerless as observed about the issue of Samson.

The issue of powerlessness can be dealt with through different means. Also powerlessbess can be

dealt with through the following ways to help conquer the feeling of being powerless.

Again powerlessness can be dealt with through the following ways. Among them includes

Stop giving away your power.

Also examine why its good to be a victim of Society.

Do develop your core self within the Society.

Again align yourself with the flow of evolution or personal growth.

Trusting in a power that seeks to transcend everyday reality.

The pain of powerlessness and hopelessness are difficult to overcome because they tend to strip you from your ability to feel in control of your destiny.

Also times are hard that we even feel powerless.

Also as a humanbeing you seem to have some sort of remarkable ability one that you can use to meet a challenge. The sheer determination and the perseverance to push on entirely.

Also as an individud al you must do things that will help you regain hope and take your power back.

Again to mature is a decision and Adulthood is an achievement that requires personal poweBibke rs of some sort.

In the Bible also it is noted that the unexpected epiphanies that bring the presence of God can be entirely your true source of power and only grow stronger.

Power isn't money, status, possession or any other material surrogate.

People do feel even more powerless than the average person does entirely.

Also not having power reduces your sense of self-worth and without self worth you become powerless.

Victims of Powerlessness find lots of good reasons for their plight.

In India it is noted that dharma is the

ultimate power that easily supports you as a single individual.

The social trends that drains personal power only grows stronger whether you struggle due to some sort of recession or controlling spouse or the routine work.

Finally others also define power as the force that you use to get your own way as in the instance of Samson. Also with power you can accomplish any ask. Power also can assist you to face life chanllenges and become successful in life.

Lastly being powerless inhibits you from carrying out certain task in life.

Others also feel powerless when they loose an election . Samson lost his power and became powerless due to the fact that the woman Delilah betrayed him to the Philstine and shaved his hair on his head.

September 06, 2020 03:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Rebecca Lee
22:13 Sep 16, 2020

Hey . This story is directly from the Bible. It is your analysis of Samson, for sure, so it would be more of a nonfiction story - creative nonfiction since you are using something that someone already wrote. You have incorporated your "psychological" take on it. Secondly, the story is rife with grammar errors and punctuation that is missing, like Samsons and it should have been Samson's. And your title is way way way too long. I would really take a second look at this story, reread it, and write it again. Just keep in mind yo...

Reply

Prince Brempong
02:38 Sep 17, 2020

You sounded more of a Teacher to me than an Author. On this platform we need Authors rather than teachers who do not give us any cash rewards but critics. Thanks alot ,I will remind my Typist of those errors.

Reply

Rebecca Lee
06:50 Sep 17, 2020

Sorry if it offended you - I am an old newspaper editor just trying to help. Have a wonderful day.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.