"ON THE OTHER SIDE"

Submitted into Contest #101 in response to: Write a story that involves a reflection in a mirror.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Fantasy Happy

When I look in the mirror what do I see the other side of me. This reflection is sad and frustrated as life takes away the joy and happiness that was deep inside This reflection lost the chance for children and relationships and friends they never had, this reflection is on the war path. Asking me why did I let them down and how we can turn this reflection around

I tell the reflection you can not give up on me because God has a path that we must take. Yes you lost all you tried so hard for but this is a test to call out for more a road to him we must make. The reflection looks away trying to capture good old days. Times when there were no care in the world decisions that will give us all what life has to give. Some where along the way we lost our step. We fell and it took us a while to get back up and keep on searching. The reflection looked back and turned its head side ways and then to the other.

I turned around as it looks over my head. I jumped to see a mirror with a reflection behind me. I do not recognize this reflection its old and a crook in its stand, holding out its hand. It says free me as I look back at me as the other reflection looks back at me and says free me as this reflections starts to change

I can not walk away turn off the light and try to escape. There is a message for me to learn a decision I need to take. The reflection in the mirror the shadow that follow you all your life love it every day. Give it what you give the world. As you take care of others the same for your reflection in the mirror. You have to look at you be with you and it will never leave. Both of these reflection are you. Some days will be good and others not so good. You can reflect on the bad day to turn your smile upside down.

They will both pull at you, only you can choose to not look at where you been but where your at right now..You have been beating up yourself for a long time. Relationships the fact that you had no children. All who let you down turned and walked away. That is the reflection that is hunched over holding out its hand, Hiding your face so the reflection want present the past. The should of could of would of.

You do not want to see the I am comfortable there. Why should I be happy. I try and yet every time I pass my reflection I try to smile brush it off but I turn around and there is that other reflection. The reflection that keeps looking back, never letting go. I turn around again, the reflection is now standing strong put on some clothes holding out their hand. It has life, it has a purpose, it has a road behind it. It starts to walk away holding out its hand. I look back at my reflection and it looks back at me.

What are you going to do. I am not ready yet. I feel safer, this is what I know, I am going to fail, I look back again and it gets further away but stops. You have no time to waste. I have held that stand for a long time. I am tried of letting all tear me down, bring me down. Tell me I will never be nothing, do nothing. It is about me, loving me, there is nothing you can not do. The other reflection, there is nothing you can not do.

I stand there trying to get my self together, curling my hair, putting on a face that others will see but does know my story. I keeping looking for an answer but there is not just one answer to the story. So you faced some challenges, who has not looked in the mirror. Are we all going through something. Are we all kind of alike in a way. We all have a reflection and talk to them every day. I can be and do as others do. I might have the same out come. I tell myself as I look in the mirror why are people so negative to what they see but not what is within me.

I support their dreams, their reflection of what they see but it comes back and they are down on, me, how can this be, when I am their for you why can you not be their for me. My reflection looks at me and they can see its not about them, it is about you and what you do and how you want to be different than others are, you are a star a gift from God. Know other is made like you, walk like you and can see the real you. Only you can reflect on what is yet to come. I say turn around your waiting. Its always the same story a reflection of an empty shell. and every one starts to yell. You can do it, stop looking down, hold your head up.

The reflection in front of me says no. You have a story they have a story. I look behind me and I am getting further a way it stops again to look at me. I can barely hear myself. Trying to listen for yet still and answer. The reflection is fading getting away from me.

I turn back getting myself ready yet I can not walk away. How long must these reflection haunt me. How long will I stand here and make a decision I could not make when I felt I had time.

Look at me I am older a has been a what not. I put a smile on my face and tell myself everyday it will get better. Be patient God has a plan. I know this but every where I go my reflection tells another story. I see it again and again and I ignore it. But today is the day. I need to answer it. Things have changed. I think I have let go but I have to make a decision. If I get a way from my reflection then I will get away from it all.

Go head step through you have purpose, you had good times ahead. God has a plan. You are beautiful and amazingly made. I step through the mirror. I do not turn back and look at the reflection but its there holding out its hand. There are two paths which one are you going to take. A reflection of the new you.

July 05, 2021 18:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.