The blind Man's Mona Lisa

Submitted into Contest #185 in response to: Write a story about someone who doesn’t know how to let go.... view prompt

15 comments

Suspense Fiction Thriller

This story contains themes or mentions of mental health issues.

Please don’t look at me like that again and again. When you look at me, memories of dad saved as waves in the heart sea take birth as tears. When you hold my hand wishing to talk to me I’m breaking myself as glass. When you breathe the abundant air difficultly, I’m melting as a snowdrop thinking about this strange life. You light up the eyelid in the dark room slowly, my heart is shivering. I’m introducing my dad who left me a place like this showing the photo, “This is my dad”. You are looking like greeting my dad.

Just slowly spend the breath which you love a lot. After a while more, we can enter our life separately. I’m doubting now because I saw, my mom forgetting hunger, losing sleep and life, crying and reborn, when my dad passed away. Please hold my hand little tightly. But don’t make me afraid by closing eyes repeatedly. Here look at this photo in my hand, “this is my daughter, Charlotte”. You will definitely have a daughter like her or son. I believe that you will go and play with your kids after a little while. Every child will be waiting to kiss their dad until they return home.

The roads where you wish to run are waiting for you. Believe undoubtedly, that you will survive. I can see that you are trying to go out from here. You are bleeding. Eyes are ready to surrender permanently. You are closing the eyes very fast than before. Remember the days, eating rice with moon light. Your lips are smiling even if you are in a deep sleep. Don’t forget that Dad and Mom will be waiting for you to dinner. Wife who shares everything in heart like a diary also will be for you. You are listening to me. Yes, the tears are overflowing beyond the eyelid. Thank God!

Situations like this proving that “Life is once”. When having the umbrella, the rain will not come. Like this the question and answer are one, in the rest of the life there is an answer, that is “death” but nobody is ready to taste it. To take them to school, playing as a friend in the park, to feed food when they get fever, every child will search their dad. Don’t disappoint the baby waiting to get a chocolate, toy or a story before going to bed from you. You are trying to open the eyes like the bulb blinking to remove the darkness. I think that the breathing of your daughter or son kissed you as the breeze.

Think back to the minutes you spent playing in the rain as a child. Don't believe that life is the moments when the paper ships that have been made have sunk before they cross the threshold; Believe that trying is the wobble of an unsinkable paper ship that has reached its destination after trying a hundred times, stumbling, wet, and leaking like an old man. Even life is a story of effort.

The weather blows a chilly wind across my cheek, as if a similar downpour is sure to hit outside in a few minutes. Hope you and I can get wet and play. Even if I don't have the papers, I have a few rupees in my pocket that look like papers. With rupees, I will make some paper ships. There is no way I know the deeds you have done; But, count my actions as a "Dharma" part of them. 

You swim slowly into life like a goldfish through the now seemingly difficult breaths. In a few minutes you will be back to your old self like the tender birth of a flower.

I count like you are pronouncing someone's name. A few people in a few years of life, through the silent language of tears, we love like life. If a dream comes to every man before death that today is the last day of my life, then no man on this earth will die with enmity and lose his loved ones for petty reasons. I have not learned the language of the mind; Excuse me for now.

It may be called, 'In the colorless space, the intangible beings come to seek eternal rest!' Don't you trust that formless voice. For do not throw pebbles and break the loving glass of the loving hearts that await us.

Meanwhile, a blind mother might hold her hand and wait for some man to help her cross the path; Even if not today, you can definitely be that person tomorrow after recovery. An orphaned girl may yearn for a brother to come and buy her pens in the lesson of subsistence hunger; Surely you would have passed such people while traveling abroad; If not, see you in a few days. It brings me to tears that you are struggling to breathe like a wind entangled in the branches of a tree without realizing the fullness of this life waiting to be surrendered into something called love.

I hear the chirping of the little birds that take shelter in the nest at night and laugh as a family. Put the faces of the people you talked to and laughed with like this last night before your eyes. When old memories appear and disappear like a black and white photograph, the desire to dig a little further into the garden of life sprouts in the mind. From now on, I hope that the valor of love will protect the breath.

There is humanity in every human being in one way or another. But in the guise of selfishness, it refuses to come forward to help even in the face of danger, like locks with lost keys.

I think it will take at least another thirty minutes before we get close to the hospital. Fear nothing; Surely your life will last many more years on this earth. I can never know what kind of life you have lived so far. But I think I can tell you the life experiences I have learned on this trip. You must have lived a better life than mine. But you laugh at me without being able to tell me that.

I have a blind man's Mona Lisa as a mental memory of my life experiences. Like the wings of a butterfly, I long to treasure the quests of love within me. I am not very greedy for money. Because money often succeeds in turning man into a beast. When my eyes wander in search of sins, I turn away from them because it will also bring curses to those around me tomorrow. A surprise! Now I feel your heart beating gracefully. As a student who was waiting for this result, I am telling the story of the shadows of my life.

**

       What is life? Are they bubbles of fish which swim in the river of heart? Is it a 7-day love story between the flower and thorn? Is it a taste of smiles in human lips? Is it a friendship of tears in cheeks? Is it a drawing hall of grand memories? Is it a store room of dreams? Is it a saving of dollars? Is it a charity in rupees? Is it a travel of years? Is it a sound of clock? Like this, “Life” is the nickname of unique philosophy of every man’s confidence and opinions.

The earth has no equality. Hence, you will think life is a war. You will wear the feeling shields. Agree that your thought is wrong. We don’t need axe to pick flowers. Happiness is giving biscuits to the street dog, smiling at stranger. You don’t need to walk miles like Buddha in search of happiness. Meet the people who live in the apartments. Save the good people in heart like stamps, and store some memories as haiku. There is moral life like Buddha’s life.

One of my friend, who is selling balloons filling the in it from ten rupees to hundred rupees. My friend walked at the end of the life. I learned what is life without any charge from my friend’s simple and satisfying life. He believed that earning from fifty rupees to five hundred is an effort. A day is not alike the other day. The balloons filled with breaths today will not be spoiled tomorrow. 

Don’t get out from peace of mind. They are selling the colored thorns as rainbow. Attractions are temporary like mirage. A man has the gold mountain who has the river. Rather, a man who has pebbles is in thirsty. When I think about a day of black people, as a human I save the tears in cup to export to African people, my heart is writing a poem. Why do you wish to win at first try? When your wishes become failure then you try to commit suicide. Please wash your hearts by confidence. Didn’t you learn the success from the lights of bulbs? That is a victory of a foolish man. A man who success at first try builds only a basement. But, the man who lives in failure and keep trying without giving up builds a palace. Cut and throw the disability like cutting the nail. Decide your talents and abilities perfectly. Learning to swim in the sea wave is better than in the pond. If you drown in the sea by searching aims, learn how to swim again from the golden fish.

In life, dreams are natural but limit the imaginations. Love small savings. To buy a doll for your baby’s birthday, to present two roses for loving wife, a spectacle for aged mother, a shirt for father. When we face difficulty economically, the savings become like a friend.

My heart had drowned in the work of making lanterns by counting stars. Sipping my spring days like tea in the street of leaves and flowers. I am playing bubble in the velvet city where the snows like candies. Reading the novel “Moon” by the author “Darkness” in the library called full moon. I am living in Niagara during summer days. Sometimes my heart dream like these life is simple. Dreams are natural, you also try. But, don’t drown.

Accept the loneliness by while heart. Give all ears, to heart when it speaker think about the obstacles that that you came across. The root will never let it move to the direction of wind.

Do not waste your time. Talking life “The people are selfish”. Do not get the rewards of life from other’s property as down. Work hard in the sandstorm. Build an own hut at least in desert. You try. The roses will blossom in in Sahara.

Never forget that “pen” you used to write “I can’t” also is a confident of inventor who faced lot of failure at the beginning. Think a minutes the rope which you used suicide is made because of the confidence of workers. Any animal do not try to commit suicide.

Don’t waste this day while waiting for tomorrow. The rivers do not reverse. Tolerance is treasure. Dump it in the feelings. Anger is a beast. Don’t let it grow. Cover it with love. The love you shower will change the traitor who wants to kill you from your behind. Make your enemy as friend. If you hurt someone, go and ask forgiveness. Forgive the traitor. Life is one time. You will live it once. I realized what life is when I met and accident. You also understand that by my experience.

Have you ever consoled your friend who failed by giving confidence? Have you ever helped a blind man to cross the pedestrian crossing? Have you ever given ten dollars for charity from the money you won from mega lottery prize? Have you ever celebrated other’s victory as yours? Do you look after your old parents respectfully? If you did not do one thing from these, you did not start to live. At least after this, start to live life without wasting it by counting days.  

**

       My life is like a contract signed with sorrows and tears. I have lived and learned how much pain in this world it is to be orphaned at a young age. There is no one in this world to read my letters. Because that day I was a blind painter full of wounds. I have only told you the treasured secrets of the memories I have saved in my life. Take a few pages from the lessons I learned that you will need in your future life. I will not be angry.

Dear friend! Some scratches look like bruises on your face; Surely those scars will not affect your beautiful face. I wipe your mane that sweats like the sea with my handkerchief; Please don't think you are bothering me. I gently caress your feet with my hands. I hope my actions bring comfort to your bruised mane. I think you are a very kind man. Because you are as cute as a baby when you smile.

       I question with my eyes looking at the eyes trying to pull me into the heart. At this moment, how beautiful is the smile where the lower and upper petals unconsciously stick together; My heart is full. Like a mother nursing her child, I pour water on a thirsty throat. Do not think of me as a stranger, but accept me as a new friend who does not wish to give name and address.

Don’t get panic that the siren sound didn’t stop yet. I’m opening your shirt buttons to make you feel airy. They are arranging to take you to the Intensive care unit. Still you are holding my hand tightly. Just leave without fear. I have given the mobile phone and the money bag you missed. They will handover to you after the treatment. Just remember me once, when your family and your friends come to see you. When your daughter or son asking story, tell them the buildup story that I have told you as a moral one.

A mother and a son (Mary – Jesus) looking at me. I don’t know where to go but I’m going.

***

February 16, 2023 16:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

Mohamed, this is beautiful. I am not sure how to tell you how much I enjoyed this. I smiled and cried as I read it. I believe that the ability to write stories is a gift from God. I believe that this story is a great gift from God. Thank you for writing it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Gabriela Wels
21:23 Mar 10, 2023

I came over because I saw you read my story, Healers have Three Paws (thank you for stopping by!) Reading your story, I felt like I was resting in a boat or a hammock, half awake and half asleep because of the gentle rocking of my bed. While I am there, someone describes these beautiful things to me, but I don't need to open my eyes. Lying there, I can absorb what they say and draw encouragement from their words. :) Your story is very comforting. I enjoyed reading it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Stephen Bollich
12:41 Feb 23, 2023

This is exactly what I needed right now. Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Martin Ross
22:00 Feb 17, 2023

“The earth has no equality. Hence, you will think life is a war. You will wear the feeling shields. Agree that your thought is wrong. We don’t need axe to pick flowers.” You have a truly poetic soul. Again, one floats on your words. Excellent.

Reply

Show 0 replies
L J
19:13 Oct 13, 2023

This was amazing! It read like a novel. I cant believe you got all that in limited words. As I say that, your words were not limited in their description or emotions. I felt like the writer was in a dream state, then reality and back to dreaming. It was a beautiful story. Thank you for liking my stories!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Colleen Ireland
01:04 Jul 20, 2023

"A man who success at first try builds only a basement. But, the man who lives in failure and keep trying without giving up builds a palace." these are just a few of the many gems that shine in your story. Beautifully written.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Dylan Patrick
01:09 May 21, 2023

This story reminds me of a post I saw on Twitter admiring how elegant Middle Eastern poetry is, the richness in detail they use to describe their feelings which gives it such a beauty to it. My favorite line might be "A man who success at first try builds only a basement. But, the man who lives in failure and keep trying without giving up builds a palace."

Reply

Show 0 replies
David Drake
01:48 Apr 30, 2023

Wow. Awesome use of language, narration. This touched me. Thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Levi Michael
23:34 Apr 28, 2023

Hey, Mohamed, Simply beautiful. I am a meat-and-potato-type writer and reader. Flowery prose tends to annoy me before they impress. Yet, as I read this work, I felt my pretention and judgement melt away as I was swept along on a vivid journey. What can anyone say about art? This is one of the most beautiful stories I have had the pleasure of reading since joining this group. only for fractions of moments did some of the broken sentences pull me out of the flow of consciousness. Could a more analytical edit of sentence structure heighten...

Reply

Show 0 replies
JL Graves
18:08 Apr 14, 2023

It's beautiful and it touched my heart.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Martin Ross
17:43 Mar 30, 2023

Second-person is the trickiest, and again, you display a mastery of both narrative beauty and flow and technique. As always, incredible work. Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Helen A Smith
15:58 Mar 16, 2023

Mohamed, your beautiful writing shines through.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mary Bendickson
17:16 Mar 10, 2023

Wow! Mohamed. So much to unpack here. "Don't waste this day while waiting for tomorrow. ..." and on and on. Thank you for liking my stories which don't compare to the depths here. Thanks for reading more of my stories and liking them. Always makes my day happier.😉 You have been reading more of my stories. I am glad you like them.☺️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kathleen March
03:09 Feb 18, 2023

Using second person can be challenging. Nice effort.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Paris Lewis
12:54 Aug 24, 2023

I love the words you user in this story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.