Sweet sixteen

Submitted into Contest #1 in response to: Write a story about a sweet sixteen.... view prompt

0 comments

General

"I have to make it so that everything is perfect for her birthday, James! She's turning 16! You don't turn 16 everyday, do you?" Elizabeth hurriedly explained to her husband of 10 years, James Thirwell.

"I suppose not, no, dear." James replied back.

Elizabeth ran around putting up many fancy decorations, including small (and large) pink and purple ribbons, which would catch your eyes the instant you stepped into the room. Sweat dripped from her forehead, knowing that her daughter would be coming home at any minute.

"James! Help me out here, Jade will be home soon, and I am not having her come back to this, when she should be coming back to an outstanding, beautiful party for her sweet sixteen!"

"Alright, fine, I'll help, stop stressing, she's at Mandi's, so we should be good for another half an hour, or so."

To be of a helping hand, James went around, assisting Elizabeth with putting up the decorations.

"I'm home!" A young, high voice called out, as a girl walked into the living room.

"Oh, Jade, hello.." her mother quietly mumbled.

"WHAT IS THIS MESS!?" Jade yelled, as she stormed off.

August 03, 2019 15:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.