3 comments

Fantasy Fiction

"Thanks alot, Celeste." Said Moira. Celeste smiled. "Your welcome, you ass. It was hard, you know." Celeste said, playfully. Moira looked at the gift in her hands. It was a jade dragon figurine. "Celeste, that's what she said." They were both silent. Then, neither of them could hold in their laughter, and they broke into tears, clutching their stomachs.

"That one was good." Celeste said, when they had both calmed down enough to speak.

"Was that a 'that's what she said' joke I hear? If so, it was funny as hell." Celeste and Moira both jumped. "Oh, it's just you, Sirius. I thought you were gathering ingredient for General Krao." Said Moira. He simply shrugged. "I finished that a moment ago." He gasped, staring at the figurine Moira was holding. "That is impressive. Did you make it yourself?" Sirius asked. Moira shook her head.

"No, Celeste got this for me. She has...... a friend who makes them." Sirius nodded. But his attention was now on Celeste. He smiled. "Er.... You want to grab something to eat with me, maybe discuss some books." As Celeste looked into his eyes, the irises were a pinkish magenta color, swirling, entrancing her in. She raised an eyebrow. "And what makes you think I like books? And, by the way, you don't need to entrance me. I would have gone if you asked." Sirius blinked, and his eyes returned to their normal grey color.

"Fair enough. But you like books, I can see it in your aura." Celeste raised her eyebrows now. "You can do that? How?" Celeste asked, intrigued. He smiled. "I can teach you, but it requires that there are no distractions nearby." His eyes glanced at Moira. Celeste turned to face Moira. "Do you mind if I go with him?" She asked. Moira nodded. "See you later. I'll give you a gift later, Sirius." And she walked away, leaving only Sirius and Celeste.

"So..... What's M.T? It sounds cool." Said Celeste. Sirius' eyes seemed to light up. "Magical Theory. I'm a Theoretical Magician." He said, smiling. Celeste nodded. "I know how to see auras, I just wanted a chance to talk to you alone." He nodded.

"Well, what is it you do? Judging your aura, it deal with wands alot. I'm thinking........you make wands?" He said, not quite sure. She nodded. "Yeah, do you wanna see where I make them? It's only in the forest." Sirius thought for a moment.

"Sure, why not. I have something in the forest that's interesting."

Sirius and Celeste made their way to the forest. Moira, on the other hand, was watching them through her mirror. "Damn, I'm good. Nobody even knows about me sneaking out to the Village." She was an Astri, in the Pale Palace. "Show me Serana Sanguinera." She spoke to her mirror, and the reflection changed from Sirius and Celeste, to a young lady, in the forest. She was watching Sirius and Celeste as well. When the reflection changed, Serana's head perked up, as if she knew she was being watched.

Serana flicked her finger towards Sirius, and suddenly, he got a cut on his palm, blood dripping on a nearby branch. Serana nodded her head, satisfied with the results. "Oh Sirius, are you ok? You're bleeding." With a flick of her wand, the blood was gone. Serana punched the bush she was hiding behind. Both Sirius and Celeste looked over. "It's fine." Sirius said, still looking at the bush.

"I always seem to get cut out of nowhere when in the forest. Which leads me into what I need to tell you. There's probably a vampire in the forest. They're not that old, or they would have attacked directly by now. I haven't seen anything yet, though. But I have a favor to ask." They both looked away from the bush, to Serana's relief. "I need a wand. I know It's a bit early, but I've mastered Elemental magic already, and.... I'm preparing for something. I can't talk about it right now, though." She nodded. She looked around the trees surrounding them. Then, she saw the perfect tree: a mix of black ebony and hemlock.

"Hand me that branch over there. Be careful, it's poisonous." She warned, as Sirius brought over the branch. He watched, and mentally took notes as she took out her tools, and drained away the poison, and then carving off pieces of wood, for hours, until it was getting dark, until there was a wand, simple in design. It had a shorter handle, but a longer blade. "I'll need to paint it. Do you want to hold it?" He nodded, smiling. When his hand touched the wand, it was like a jolt of energy, and he could feel the very sentience of the wand, it's complexity. And then...... It spoke.

"Hello, Master. What shall you name me?" She asked. Sirius thought not for long, as the perfect name. "I shall name you Kara. I hope we get along." He looked up at Celeste, whose mouth was agape, in shock. "Not many wands talk, especially not complete sentences right after their creation." She smiled. "It's amazing."

'Well, he needs a wand. May as well send him mine, even though she beat me to the punch.' Moira thought to herself, still observing them through her mirror. She wrote a short note, inviting Sirius to her house. 'Dear Sirius, I know you're on your date with Celeste, but I have a gift for you. Please hurry, I need you here ASAP. Sincerely, Moira Blackthorn.'

"Cataract! Come here, a have a letter for you!" Moira yelled, and a crow flew, and swiftly grabbed the letter with his talons, before flying through the mirror.

Before Sirius could respond to Celeste, a crow landed in front of him, with a letter. "Oh, hello Cataract." He picked up the letter, and read it. He nodded. "Celeste, I have to leave. Moira said she had something for me, and it was important." He turned to Kara, who was still in his hand. "Kara, I have to leave you here with my friend Celeste, so she can finish painting you. You can trust her, and act on your best behavior." Kara grew warm in his hand, as if she understood. Sirius handed Kara to Celeste, and left.

When Sirius arrived back at the Village, at Moira's house, the door was open, and Moira was holding a slim rectangular box. "Here," She said, barely containing her excitement. "I've seen that you've pretty much mastered Elemental magic already, so I figured that you would want to have this." She said, handing the box to him. He opened the box, to find a sleek, long black wand, with no discernable handle. It was like a long, black rod. When he held it, it was always cool, and he could tell it was powerful. Then, with a deep, and powerful voice, the wand spoke: "Master, what shall you name me?" He thought about it for a moment. "Your name shall be Ophanim, and your secondary name shall be Dao." The wand pulsated, clearly content with its names.

"Well?" Moira asked. Sirius smiled. "I love it. It's actually funny, Celeste made a wand for me right before you sent the letter. She's finishing painting the wand, I should have it tomorrow, and I can show you then." Moira smiled. "Good, the more, the merrier."

He nodded. 'Well, it doesn't matter, he'll end up with the wand I gave him, due to the prophecy. Why is there always a prophecy? So weird. But, it works out in my favor, so why am I questioning it?' Moira thought to herself. Sirius looked out the window. Then, his phone started ringing. "Hello?" He answered. "Sirius? Yeah, this is Irina. You know Celeste right? I heard you went on a date today." He laughed.

"Yeah, I guess you could call it that." He said. "Well, back off, she's my sister, you weirdo. No more dates. You are NOT to go out with her again, you understand?" She said, slightly angry. He nodded. "Ok, mom, whatever you want mom." He said, sarcastically. "You ass. But seriously, don't do it again." He sighed.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry, I didn't know she was your sister. It wasn't even a date, ok? We hung out, and she made a wand for me, that's it. I promise, just don't rain down your wrath. Or rather, don't try. I would beat you in a duel. But I'll talk to you later, bye."

Moira raised an eyebrow. "What happened?" She asked. He shook his head. "Turns out Celeste is my friend Irina's sister, so she's off limits." His eyes looked sad. This practically never happened when it came to women. "You'll find somebody else. You're a ladies' man. You're charming, and handsome, and smart. Those are things I want in a partner." She said. He nodded. "You're right. And thanks. I didn't know you thought I was handsome. I really appreciate that." His eyes weren't as sad now. Suddenly, she had an idea.

"I have one of those Mundane televisions. You wanna stay over for the night? I have a spare room you could use." He smiled. "Yes, I'd like that." he said. So they sat down on her bed, and wrapped themselves in blankets as they watched movies together. "I didn't know you liked rom-coms. That's adorable." She said, after a movie. Sirius looked at her. She was nearly half asleep. He turned off the TV with the remote. "Do you want me to sing you to sleep?" Asked Sirius. She, with her eyes closed, nodded.

"Here goes nothing. If you just follow instructions, if you just follow the rules, if you seek out with your heart you'll know exactly what to do. If you just follow instructions, once you know what you must do, if you just follow your soul you'll see you're above win or lose." When he looked at her again, she was smiling. "That was good. You're a good singer. You could probably serenade anyone you wanted." Sirius chuckled. "I guess so. But I'll be in your spare room if you need me. And in the morning, I'll make some breakfast in bed for you. It's the least I could do you your hospitality." He got up to leave, but something was holding his sleeve. It was Moira. "Please don't go. I want you here." She said. Her face was red, he could tell, even in the darkness. "Ok." He whispered. "I'll stay here with you." He climbed onto the bed, and got under the covers once again. They slept, and when he awoke, she was still sleeping. Her arm was around him.

'Damn. How am I going to get out of bed to make breakfast if her arm's on me?' Sirius thought to himself. He gingerly picked up her arm, got up, and set it down again. He went to her kitchen. 'Damn. There's nothing in here to make a proper breakfast with. The mark of a true Theoretical Magician.' He thought to himself. "Tissio." He whispered, and a small portal was created. It led to his secret stash of Sweet Death berries. They taste sweet, and are about two times bigger than a peach, but eating too many will poison you. It is said that the overdose gives you a sense of euphoria, hence the 'Sweet Death'. They were also known for trying to keep people to keep eating more, though nobody knows how. It just are compelled to eat more. People with a weak will shouldn't eat them, especially due to the fact that they taste good with anything.

He grabbed two, and closed the portal. He could smell their sweetness, their delicious aroma. He entered her room. "Wake up, Moira. I got you breakfast." Moira opened her eyes. "What is it? Oh....um... er.... Hi, I mean good night-I mean good morning." Her face was turning red. "Good morning, Moira. I got you some Sweet Death berries. I figured I should repay your kind hospitality." She nodded, accepting one of the berries.

"You know, I don't get why people call them berries, when they're not that small. Have you ever had one before?" She shook her head. "I guess I'm a Sweet Death berry virgin." They both laughed, and they both started to eat the fruit. Soon, they were done. "Listen, Moira, if you don't want me to tell anyone about this, I won't, and you have my word on that." She nodded. "You're fine. I mean, I don't- nevermind." He cocked his head. "What were you going to say?" She sighed. "I was going to say that I don't regret what I did, asking you to stay. I mean, I was going to go to the spare room anyway." Sirius looked confused.

"How do you mean?" Asked Sirius. Moira sighed once more. "I was going to make an excuse about a nightmare or something. But.... I understand if this didn't mean anythi-" She was cut off by Sirius. "Don't say that. It meant something. Yeah, I may be a ladies' man, but most of the time the girls here only look pretty. Their personalities... not so much. But you, ........ and Celeste, you two are different. You're both... on the same level, I suppose." Moira smiled.

"Then, would you mind.... taking this?" She held out a gemstone. It was a half heart, made of amethyst. Sirius' eyes widened. "You want to give me your Heart? Are you sure?" She nodded. "Then...... Yes. I'll take it." He pulled a necklace from his neck. It was an ebony key. "I have your heart, but will you take the key to mine?"

She smiled. "Yes. I will. And by the way, that was the best fucking line I've ever heard." Suddenly, an eagle tapped on the window. They both identified it as the Kings messenger bird. "What do you think your father wants?" Asked Moira. Sirius simply shrugged, and opened the window. The bird handed him a letter, and flew off. Sirius read it, and nodded. "I nearly forgot. It's my mother's birthday. Everybody in the Village is invited to the castle. There's going to be a party tonight. You want to come as my date?"

Moira nodded. "Yes, I'd love to." He set the letter down. "Well, My father wants me to help set up the celebration. I'll see you tonight." She got up, and hugged him. "Bye." she said. He got his things, and headed outside. He was just outside the door. "Wait," Moira said. "You forgot something." He looked through his bag. "No, I didn't." She rolled her eyes, and walked up to him, and gave him a quick kiss on the mouth.

"You were right. I was forgetting something." He said, and then he left. 'I don't know where that courage came from.' She thought to herself, as she went back in to get herself ready. She smiled. She knew that things would be ok, as long as she eased him into what he had to go through, for the worst, as well as the better, was yet to come.

November 20, 2021 04:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Robert Houston
15:58 Nov 20, 2021

Another great story! You have really good world building skills in your writing! ❤️

Reply

Zero ‎
00:46 Nov 21, 2021

Why thank you! Has anyone ever told you that you are really good at giving confidence boosts? Because you are!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zero ‎
13:18 Dec 07, 2021

I also wrote some more stories! The most recent one I tried to add a bit of a suspense like element because why not! But I hope you like them, you can find them on my homepage.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.