0 comments

Adventure High School Sad

As Anna, sat pouring sweat from what seemed like every orifice. She grabbed a paper towel to pat down the sweat so it didn’t make her smell. Anna put so much deodorant on she didn’t think she couldn’t smell for a whole month. On top of that she put her make-up on and was afraid to pat that and have to start again on that trying to apply some here and then there.  

 Anna had on the best outfit she thought she could buy from the store. She was so nervous from going to the party that she’s going to ruin the dress and have to wear some old raggedy dress from the closet. The dress Anna picked was this spaghetti strap light pink dress down to her knees with light brown panty hose and these light pink high heels. She puts her hair up in these diamond-like barrettes with diamond earrings, necklace, and bracelet. Her body was ready for the party, but was she ready for the party?  

When Anna was younger, she was a hefty woman. She was quite a bit bigger than all the other girls in the school she went to. She was always teased about how her weight was make the ground shake around the others or when she got on the bus it would tilt to the side, she was sitting in. Anna always acted like it didn’t bother her but, inside it would bother her so much. She would go home and try and make herself sick so she didn’t get fat or not eat at all so she didn’t get fatter. Anna just didn’t know what to do she has always been a bigger girl since she was younger what could she do?  

What she didn’t get is in the beginning years in elementary school she had all kinds of friends and no one worried about whether someone was skinny or fat. I guess everyone’s conscious hits during middle or high school depending on who you are and how you act or who you hang out with. Anna started getting made fun of in middle school when she started getting a little chunky. Life was not easy, but she got through it. All of a sudden, before she knew it high school was there. During her school years, she stayed quiet and kept her head low to get through.  

Just because you’re a big woman doesn’t mean you have to stop your life. Whether you’re chunky or skinny you can still do anything you put your mind to. Don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t do something. Another thing even though this has nothing to do with where I’m going in the story, but I wanted to get it out there. Don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t do anything because you’re not as smart as them. You might not be as smart as them in one thing, but you might be smarter than them in something else. In the future you might be teaching that person something that they didn’t know and they just don’t know it yet so don’t give up. 

Anna finally graduated with honors and was proud to walk across that stage to get her high school diploma knowing she earned it. Some of the ones walking across the stage Anna was amazed they even made it, it was probably by the skin of their teeth. Everyone was doing so well, getting their diploma and heading back to their seats waiting until the end to go party except for me because I knew what was coming life and work; adulthood!!!! The graduation was over and life was just beginning ugh!! Now, it’s time to work your butt to death to be able to pay your bills just to be able to live in your house and sleep in your bed, but if you’re like Anna and studied in school, got good grades and going to college to get an even better job then you don’t have anything to worry about. 

Anna got herself an awesome job at a computer firm job working with others to start their company on a website. She was very good at it and could do several of them in a day. By the time the week was over there were a lot of new websites up and running because of her. They would thank her every time saying if it wasn’t for her, they wouldn’t know what they would do, but all she would respond with was thank you, but that’s what I’m her for. 

Anna loved the job she got straight out of college, but there was something still missing from her life. What could it be? She thought she had everything. She had the car. the job, the money, and the house. I have money to buy the things to go in the house when I go to get it once the last kiddo runs off on me. So, once again there isn’t anything I can possibly think of I would need at this time unless they’re sneaking in a list that I don't know about and then putting it on someone’s list so I can’t see it.  

Anna had worked so long at her job that she got to go on vacation. She wasn’t sure where she was wanting to go, but as long as it wasn’t there; listening to if so and so has to be here one more day she’s going to tell the boss because she can’t stand working around her and is Sharon, Mrs. Big booty sticks her booty her way and knocks her over again she's actually going to start something! 

Anna finally decided she was going to go to Jamacia. She packed her bags and got her ticket to fly there for a couple days and be able to come back refreshed ready to start the work week when she completes her vacation time. The flight attendant had warned everyone to turn off the cell phones and computers just in time because as Anna was turning off her cell phone the company was calling to have her come in as an emergency to do her vacation later on. It was too bad for them because she couldn’t answer she was heading to Jamacia. Anna was planning on having the greatest time ever she knew she deserved it for all the time she had put in to the company so now it was play time.  

Anna made it to Jamacia and had some fruity drinks while laying by the pool. She sat in her room for a little bit and read some of her book. She got dressed up a little bit for the dinner in the main dining room and it looked fantastic. There was a golden chandelier with white diamond looking chains hanging from them and they made the room glow. The table had a beautiful red tablecloth with these white engraved plates with the Jamaican superior, I guess, on it and then the silverware and your golden rimmed wine glass. The food was amazing. Steak made just right, medium rare. Baked potato with all the fixings, salad with all the fixings and dressing, rolls, wine whenever you were empty, and if you had the room for it. dessert was either ice cream sundae or cake pudding with ice cream both delicious to choose from. The next day was time to head out. 

Anna regretted having to head out, but knew work was important also or she wouldn’t be able to do this again. The flight felt like forever, but once she got back in her neck of the wood's things started to get feeling a little better. She got off the airplane and felt a lot more comfortable than when she got off the airplane at Jamacia because there she didn’t know what to expect. Now that she’s back she can go home, get some rest, and start work tomorrow having had plenty of rest!!  

As Anna walked into work everyone seemed like they been there way too long. 

 I walked up to one of my friends and asked, “Yo, Amanda, why’s everyone seems so down in the dumps?” 

Amanda replied “The boss said since we don’t get calls like you, we have to work twice as much so we been working since Friday after you left.” 

“Are you serious?” I replied 

“Yep, I tried to call you and warn you, but your phone went straight to voicemail.” Amanda replied 

“I’m so sorry.” I replied 

“That’s alright. We have a meeting in the break room here in five minutes just come with me in there and you will see how bad it is.” Amanda said 

“Okay, no problem I will go and support you all.” I replied 

Amanda went in first and as I started to go in it seemed rather dark and quiet, but as I walked in the lights flipped brighter and everyone screamed congratulations.  

I asked, “What are you talking about?” 

Amanda replied “This is for being such a great worker and working here so long!” 

“Thank you so much!!!” I replied 

I was sitting with Amanda having celebratory food and drinks talking about how they pulled this off and how she talked to everyone to act tired and wore out.  

She said “That isn’t very hard to do anymore.” 

 I said “yea true!”  

Amanda said "I have this party with some friends coming up this weekend when were all off and I want you to come.” 

  “I don’t know I haven’t been to a party in forever. Is there going to be dancing? Are you going to be inviting Jessica, Sarah, Darren, Joey, and Karen?” I asked 

“Oh, please go to this party because yes, all of them will be there and I don’t hang out with any of them, I hang out with you and you are beautiful. They will be so jealous of you now since you said they didn’t really like you back then. I mean look at you, girl!!! What have you got to lose except spending the night with your best friend, huh?” Amanda asked 

“Okay, I’ll go, but you are not to leave me alone at all!!!! I mean it!” I replied 

As Anna, sat pouring sweat from what seemed like every orifice. She grabbed a paper towel to pat down the sweat so it didn’t make her smell. Anna put so much deodorant on she didn’t think she couldn’t smell for a whole month. On top of that she put her make-up on and was afraid to pat that and have to start again on that trying to apply some here and then there.  

 Anna had on the best outfit she thought she could buy from the store. She was so nervous from going to the party that she’s going to ruin the dress and have to wear some old raggedy dress from the closet. The dress Anna picked was this spaghetti strap light pink dress down to her knees with light brown panty hose and these light pink high heels. She puts her hair up in these diamond-like barrettes with diamond earrings, necklace, and bracelet. Her body was ready for the party, but was she ready for the party? 

The doorbell finally rang and Amanda came walking through the door. 

“Oh, my goodness you are finally here. I thought you got lost!” I replied 

“No, I had to wait forever on the light down the road and then there was a wreck and well hello who is this?” Amanda asked 

“Who, where, what?” Anna asked 

“You little miss thing. You’re beautiful!” Amanda said 

“Awe, really thanks!” Anna said 

“Well, you ready to go?” Amanda asked 

“Um yes I am now!” Anna said 

As both chicks headed out to the car they got whistled at and they asked the couple coming up if they could take a picture of them, they are headed to a party. They took a picture and Anna never felt more alive. 

As Anna walked through the doors to the party the group that used to make fun of her at school had to do a double take to make sure of who she was and couldn’t believe it was her. They were kind of jealous. The guys had beer guts and bald hair. The girls had big bellies and lots of babies with them and dirty shirts already and was ready to leave. She was so beautiful. They were so ashamed.  

Anna didn’t even bother talking with the group she didn’t want to ruin this night. She wanted to have fun and see what she could do. Amanda and Anna danced the night away and didn’t care about anything else. 

May 12, 2021 03:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.