1 comment

Christmas Thriller Crime

Kira sat with an old broken pencil in her teeth, as if it were supposed to help her finish her work. It was late, was getting dark outside and it was starting to snow. It was January, the evening before Christmas, and this is just the first snow of this winter. This Monday was the worst of all, not only because Kira had to write an article about boring crap, but also because of the blizzard that was gaining outside.

The office was empty, all that could be heard was the wind tearing everything in its path outside the window and covering it with snow. At eight o'clock in the evening, all normal people have had dinner long time ago and turned on the lights on the Christmas tree. Kira had, the lights shone on a small statuette of Santa, which shook with every movement, on the table.

"What are you doing, Kiro. Below is nowhere to fall. Well, Santo, a taxi and home, huh?" - Fingers tapped lightly on Santa's round plastic nose, and he began to shake again. The taxi service did not answer for a long time, dispatcher answered with disgruntled voice.

- Good evening, I want to order a taxi.

"It won't work, ma'am."

"What, excuse me?"

"Did you look out the window?" No car will be called until the storm subsides. According to forecasts, everything should come down in two hours.

"Two hours?" But ... Write down at least the address. Let him come when he can.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you" the dispatcher finished the conversation on such a not-so-positive note, not allowing Kira to express her indignation.

"Pig!"

The only thing left to do is to spend two hours at work. The prospect is so-so, but Kira insisted it was a sign of heaven to finish the damn article. She stared at the screen again, her fingers clicking on the keyboard, and her expression became more and more frightening with anger. The more the girl reread what was written, the more she did not like everything. The topic was so boring and uninteresting that Kira was ready to cry.

When the gaze slid to the clock, it was barely half an hour since the taxi call. The pencil was in his teeth again, her body was swaying in a chair that could safely be called a cripple, and a blank page in a text editor was left without a word.

- I need to dissipate. Just how?

There was a dead silence on the floor where the headquarters of the local scribes, as they were often called by the inhabitants, were located. The only ones who could wander here at such a time and day are the security guard Ivan and the cleaner Peter. The relationship with them was on the level of "goodbye", Kira knew nothing about men except their names and positions. And this is the first time she has been at work for so long. There was no great desire to communicate with these round males.

But another crazy idea came to my mind how to cheer myself up. The idea was a bit unethical about the politics of work, but so fun and with a touch of adventure that Kira could not refuse to implement it. She shoved her purse away under the table, took the phone with her, of course, he had it in silent mode all day. All these congratulations on Christmas Eve began to come in the morning, and unnecessary sounds distracted from work.

Her legs were numb from, she no longer remembers how many hours sitting at the computer. Kira walked slowly to the door that led to a common corridor, from which it was fashionable to get into any office on this floor. At the very end of the corridor, around the corner, near the main entrance was the place of Ivan's bodyguard, at the other end of the corridor, where there was a branch in two directions, there were two rooms that belonged to Peter's possessions.

Anka, an accountant, once said that she saw with her own eyes how a janitor goes to take a nap for a while, somewhere before eight, and only after two or even three hours of sleep does he go around the offices and take out the garbage. Do your job, ie. And he keeps the keys to all the rooms near him, usually, but not when he sleeps. At this time, he hangs them in his closet, where he keeps all the tools for work: a mop, a bucket, chemicals. What Anka did here so late, history has kept silent, but the information is completely reliable.

That's what Kira remembered when she staggered in her old chair. And there were such premises to which entrance is strictly forbidden. These were the personnel of the authorities. Everyone has always wondered what is there. But no one dared to look there, work is more important than curiosity.

Only now the workplace is in question, because the article has not been written yet, and the press has to be ready in the morning, Kira was not against satisfying her curiosity and having fun. Twilight reigned in the corridor, only the wind blowing. First she had to make sure that Ivan was asleep too, or better yet, and went somewhere. It was not in the plan to catch her hot and then put her away with shame and scandal.

Kira walked slowly, carefully, on her toes, to the end of the corridor, the lamp on the table was lit, Ivan was also sitting still, but with headphones in his ears and a stack of comics nearby. A smile appeared on her face, the first compromising as on her hand. Ivan protects everything and everyone. But you don't have to worry about catching Kira.

She ran quickly, yet just as quietly, to the other end. I looked at "105" -it was a utility room, the keys really hung at the door. But first check what Ivan is doing. The door, where the janitor usually sleeps, was slightly open. Exactly so much that an empty bed was visible. Ivan was not there, which surprised the girl a little, but Kira took it as another good sign.

In her hands was already a bunch of keys, heavy, bulky, which was to shed light on the dirty secrets of the authorities. The door, which was to be the first, belonged to the head of the department Karpivna. Click-click and the lock gave in, in the middle it was dark and scary. Karpivna was still that meger, it seemed that she had no feelings and was not capable of any purely female preferences at all. Kira walked into the middle, hundreds of folders, shelves filled with papers. Nothing interesting.

- Apparently, she has no secrets. Like,from where, I ask. And what is this?

In the darkest corner, in the bottom drawer, hung a thread. The girl hurried to open the drawer, and there, she could not believe her eyes, knitting needles and knitting threads. She carefully pulled out everything and saw cute knitted animals, a sweater, a scarf, a hat.

- Wow. Then Karpivna loves cute animals. Who would say, I would not believe.

Kira was not going to stay in one room for a long time, she quickly closed the door and went to the next one. It was already much more interesting there. Old fart Petrovich, who is an editor, left the tablet to charge without a password on it. He pretends to be a young athletic boy and corresponds with girls under thirty. But the whole perverted script flew to hell when Kira realized a photo was of his son, and he was trying to merry him.

The last forbidden room turned out to be the most interesting: there were already all kinds of toys for adults, photos and even videos. Kira couldn't help but wince in disgust.

- Foo! It is now clear what Anka was doing here so late. Dissgusting!

The clock read half past nine, the blizzard subsided a little, but not so much that a taxi arrived. Each key had a tag with the room number, one number remained a mystery - 103. Kira was never there, and she never saw the room. Curiosity prevailed again. There was no such number anywhere, the girl decided to put the keys in place. Peter was not there yet, she did not dare to go without checking that everything was safe.

The closet was, as always, unattractive. But suddenly, behind all the rubbish, a light from the corridor illuminated the unknown number 103. Then everything was like in a fog. Kira only remembers how the door handle went down and an unpleasant smell hit her nose. Breathing became heavy and frequent, the eyes did not immediately get used to the yellow light. Containers of various shapes stood on the shelves, their hands reaching for one of them. Then came the shock and nausea that had to be curbed. There were human organs in the container, still with blood. Others opened and closed at the speed of light, but the contents were the same. When Kira got out of that place, she saw a dozen women's pendants and bracelets. She was not breathing, her hands were shaking, the bundle of keys fell to the floor. Squatting down, footsteps were heard somewhere very close. Cold sweat covered the whole body, the hand nervously touched the floor, there were no keys.

- God! Where are those damn keys? - Kira lay down on the floor, finally saw the bundle, hastily pulled it out. She ran to the utility room, closed the door "103", hung the keys in the same place and ran into Peter's bedroom.

There was not even a closet in the room, if you had to hide somewhere, there was only a bed, or rather the space under it. The footsteps became louder, then disappeared. The hand covered her mouth, heart was pounding like crazy. It was scary to shit. Kira looked carefully out the door, the corridor was empty.

The girl ran with all her might, she just wanted to get to Ivan's table, and then you can hope for salvation. Kira looked around every minute as she ran. When the goal was a few steps away, it somehow became extremely alarming. The guard sat there, at his desk with headphones, unsuspecting.

- Ivan! Ivan! - Screams were in vain, she began to shake him, only then the man released his ears, looked at Kira with a surprised look.

- What are you doing here? - Ivan was standing in front of the girl, covering the whole corridor with his big body.

"There's a cleaner." He's ... He's a killer. Maniac. Crazy, - Ivan's belly jumped up and down from the laughter that broke out after the girl's words.

"Are you all right?"

"It's not a joke!" I saw it myself ...

Then only a cry, unreal, inhuman. Kira did not recognize her voice, she thought that her voice reached the first floor, which would be nice. A wooden stick protruded from the guard's chest, blood dripped on the floor, and the same blood began to pour out of his mouth. Ivan's frozen eyes looked into her eyes and seemed to say that he now believed. Ivan's huge body fell in front of Kira, revealing Peter's mad face, he had a smile on it.

- Today is really a holiday for me. What kind of mouse do we have here? - He was no smaller than a security guard, but much smarter.

Peter began to attack the girl, the only thing she decided to do was take a punch and hit the attacker in the head. To Kira's surprise, it worked: Peter fell, and Kira's face noticed blood as she stepped overhim and ran to the room where she worked. She did not know where to hide. Her mind was in a fog, but she wasn't going to give up so easily.

She crawled under the table and felt her nerves and irregular breathing begin to burn in her stomach. The phone rang suddenly, quite frightening. But Kira felt like an idiot, having a mobile phone with her and taking such a risk. She picked up while it was quiet around.

- This is the dispatcher ...

- Call the police at the address I left you.

"Excuse me, what?" A taxi is already on the way.

- To the police, stupid chicken, call. My phone is running low. Here the killer is chasing me. Police, did you hear?

"Are you drunk, madam?"

"Idiot, I'm calling..." The movement of the papers hanging on the wall near the entrance meant that the enemy was approaching.

- Mouse, where are you? I'll find you anyway.

- The police are needed immediately. He wants to kill me, - the last thing Kira managed to say when the phone turned off.

- I'm already coming to you - the footsteps became louder, the girl found only a nail file in her purse. The scissors lay somewhere on the table, the chaos on it didn't help to find them quickly.

 When a leg appeared at the table, Kira decided not to wait, as in American movies, she pushed the nail file into Peter's calf as strong as she could, got out from under the table, took her Santa and pressed his strong stand into the back of his head. But everything was not so easy, Peter was a strong man, with one precise movement he threw Kira against the wall, which was painful, and her head was dizzy.

The janitor took advantage of the moment when Kira had not yet recovered, grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to the exit. The girl resisted, tried to stop and escape, but all in vain. Peter, shuffling his injured leg, dragged victim to the wall where his supplies stood. There was a knock at the front door, which stopped knife in Peter's hand halfway to the girl's throat. Kira also did not want to succumb to fear, helplessness is not about her. While Peter stepped back a little to listen to the screams on the other side of the door, Kira took the first best bottle of chemicals, uncorked it, and from a safe distance poured everything on the attacker.

He began to scream, struggling with pain, than fell out of his hands. The voice was like that of a wild boar surviving the last minutes. The girl wasn't going to take any chances, she picked up the knife and shoved it into Peter's back. She barely pulled it out, but when she succeeded, she stabbed it again, but now on the shoulder. The man squatted, bending in half. Kira did not stop, she again and again, then pulled out, then shoved a knife into the body, until he completely stopped moving.

Someone were still standing outside the door, she could hear the windows shaking. Kira walked in the direction of the sound, threw her weapon away, Ivan's body was gone, only a large pool of blood. The door was closed, she shook it, but it didn't open.

"Hey! Find something to twist the glass. I can't get out, ”the voice trembled, tears began to come to her eyes, and Kira restrained herself.

- Step away!

She did so, a chair from the corridor flew through the door and cleared the passage for the girl. The taxi driver was stunned by either a puddle of blood or Kira's appearance.

- You know, I will not give a good assessment of your company. Your dispatchers are assholes.

January 20, 2021 22:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

04:10 Jan 30, 2021

It is no secret that your story deserves more attention. If you don't mind, can you please come and read my story? I would like to receive your constructive criticism. Can you also like and follow me?

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.