2 comments

Fantasy Drama Sad

This is Error city. The city with full of vampires, enchantresses, lycanthropes and sirens. We all were doing great until one day. It was 3rd March, 1967. My father Albert Valdamir, was the first vampire in the history, created by the god of hell himself. He once ruled this city and I kept wondering for decades how the hell did it happen. There’s no way in hell anyone will keep their fucking mouth zipped up after seeing a vampire ruling over the city. Decades after decades passed away but I just couldn’t find a proper solution of this insane equation. And fortunately, one day I got to eavesdrop my father’s conversation with her newly married bitch wife. My father made an ally with an enchantress. That pig-headed woman fell into my father’s trap and agreed to help him. She told him that it’ll take time as it’s a very high-powered ritual. As a reward, my scumbag father promised that pig-headed the position of the Grand High Enchantress. She knew my father had more-or-less connections with some powerful enchantresses but she didn’t exactly know what kind of connections. After one week, my father became the head of the city without any chaos and ripped that enchantress’s head off. My grandmother was the Grand High Enchantress then and my father found it beyond disrespectful after hearing that enchantress’s desire. So, it was supposed to happen. After fulfilling all his desire, he married a werewolf bitch. But Karma happened to be a bigger bitch than that lycanthrope bitch. That bitch used my father’s confession against him to provoke the enchantresses and so she succeeded. The enchantresses and lycanthropes made an alliance behind my father’s back. They killed my whole family and all the vampires my father had ever sired. The enchantresses took over the city but the bayou was under the lycanthropes and sirens control. A beloved gift for the lycanthropes and the sirens from the enchantresses for a successful alliance.

It’s still a mystery to me how I, the only member of our family made it alive. Honestly, I don’t miss them at all except my sister Amber. She was the only member who ever cared for me and was kind to me. She wasn’t a cruel monster like others. I promised to her that I’ll protect her at any cost. And guess what?! I failed her. I fucking failed her!

“You better start behaving like a mature man, Draven. And stop drinking like a fucked-up guy”, Ethan says. Disgust is clear in his voice.

Ethan is the first vampire I’ve sired. He was the only human left in the war among the supernatural deadly creatures. So, I changed him. He was by my side all the time. He tried his best to make me forget what happened decades ago but he failed. Ethan is the only reason Error city is under my control without any chaos. He had to do a lot for that as my family’s golden history is known to all and besides that people hates vampires more than anything. It took him ages but he didn’t give up. I saved his life and for that he was eager to make me the king of this city because he believed it’s worth it. And one day he was able to change everyone’s mind. I don’t know how but he did. He is a good guy.

“How the fuck am I suppose to do that?! She will never forgive me! She fucking hates me!”, I groan crashing my wine filled glass against the wall and the white wall becomes discolored like my fucked-up life.

“Holding onto something which you can never undo is just nuts”, he sighs.

“I know I’m fucked-up!”

“No one but you’re driving yourself insane. You should move on. Regretting about what happened decades ago isn’t going to erase neither your pain nor your regret. You should see some chick and hang out with them”

“The fuck I should! I guess I’ll see you tomorrow”, I say with the fakest smile one can ever give.

“For the very first time in your life you’ve taken a good decision”, he says throwing me another fake smile in return.

Someone else is at my fucking house. I can smell it. I don’t turn the lights on. I prefer playing hide and seek in darkness.

“Who the fuck is it?! I don’t have any time to play hide and seek!”, I growl. And within a second my hide and seek partner is thrusted against the wall and my right hand is choking that person. I turn the lights on with another hand as I have crushed that person beside the switchboard. I’m not sure about what I’m seeing. I release that person and sit on the couch. That person starts coughing.

“Brother, it’s me. Amber”, that person says.

“I’m drunk and that’s why I’m seeing you. You’re not here”, I say starring at the floor.

“What?!”, she chuckles. That same sound.

“Leave me alone”

“Hey. It’s really me”, she says kneeling before me.

“If you’re really alive then I’m looking forward to an explanation”

“I was under some kind of spell ”

“How did you escape then?”

“Grandmother”

“Why on earth would she go against the enchantresses?”

“She got a hint that her life as a Grand High Enchantress was coming to an end. So, she freed me from the enchantresses before losing all her powers. I don’t know what enchantresses will do to her after finding out she freed me”, she sighs and throws her arms around me. As always, she smells like Lavender.

“I missed you brother”, she says through her tears.

“I missed you too sister”, I say hugging her back.

“Aren’t you hungry?” I ask and she nods. I bite my hand and extend it toward her and without any hesitation she drinks my blood.

I can’t express my feelings in words how happy I am. After many decades, we laughed together like we used to. Her blue eyes, blond hair and heartwarming smile all has remained the same. I didn’t tell her how much pain her death caused me. I just apologized to her for not being able to keep my word and she didn’t remember what I was talking about. That’s not all. She has forgot many other memorable moments and it was beyond surprising. She said the enchantresses casted some spell on her and she only remembered about her family members but forgot every moment she spent with us.

“I’m out”, she says.

“Where’re you going? You don’t know anything in here”

“Do you have any extra phone? Then I can call you if my forgetting disease kicks in again”

“Fortunately, I’ve”, I say and start digging through my wardrobe. Then I hand it to her. After she leaves, I call Ethan and tell him to come over at my place. As I pour a glass of tequila, sits on the couch beside me.

“Isn’t it a bit early to get your ass drunk?”. I remain silent.

“Amber is back”, I say and try my best to keep a neutral expression on my face.

“What?! How?!”, he exclaims. He is beyond shocked.

“She was daggered by the enchantresses. Those bitches casted some spells on her and she has the memory of our family members only not the moment she spent with us”; I say taking the first sip of the tequila.

“Don’t you think it sounds doubtful and dumb”, he says wrinkling his nose.

“I just got her back. I don’t to investigate her like some damn over protective brother. It’ll piss her off”

“Then don’t. I’ll investigate on behalf of you”

“Don’t you fucking dare to do that”, I huff. I know he is worried about me and I’m worried about my sister. If she finds out that my man was keeping an eye on her it won’t take her a second to leave me or to be mad at me and I won’t be surprised.

“I’ll tell you if I find something unusual”, I ensure him.

“I bet you won’t”. Disappointment fills his voice.

It’s been few days. Everything is going great with my sister. We’ve gotten really close through these days. I tried to make her remember all erased memories but she started screaming whenever she tried to do that. She said when she tried to do that, she felt thousands of needles piercing through her head. So, I didn’t pressurize her at all after that day. And Ethan didn’t give up on his doubt about Amber. He kept saying it’s never too late. We could still start inquiring about Amber. I kept rejecting his inconsequential offer.

“Do you even freaking know where your beloved sister goes every freaking day?!”

“I think that’s nothing but unnecessary”

“She has been hanging out with the enchantresses”

“You will never fucking listen to me. Will you?”

“Fucking fine! Do whatever the hell you like”, he shrieks and storms out of my house. I don’t see anything wrong with making new friends. I think it’s ok to socialize with others.

“Today is the vampire’s bloody moon. Maybe you would like to join? We can pray to the Great Mother and then go on hunting together. How does that sound?”, she exclaims.

“These are not really my things”

“What are your things then? Getting drunk everyday and hang out with that guy?”

“Shouldn’t you be out by now? Hanging out with new friends?”

“Oh, come on brother. It’s just a matter of one day. We will have a nice time together”, she requests and I argue with myself whether I should go or not. I shouldn’t.

“Ok”, I say and see a huge grin growing on his lips. I know I want to spend time with her and I won’t deny it but praying and all that shit just doesn’t seem to go along with me.

As expected, this place is filled with vampires. But that’s not bothering me. They’re making way too much noise which I’m not habituated with.

“Looks like the sister has casted some powerful spell on you”, Ethan says and I narrow my eyes.

“Fuck off”

“But where is she? Hunting is almost going to be started”, he says and I Amber waving at me.

“There she is”, I say waving back at her.

“You go. See you in a while”, he says and I make my way toward Amber.

“Hey”, she exclaims.

“Hey”

“Won’t your friend join us?” she asks.

“Will be here in a minute”, I inform.

“Ok”

“Let’s the hunting begin”, someone says and the lycanthropes and enchantresses’ attacks on us out of the blue. What the fuck?! Before I can protect any of my guys or do anything, I feel something piercing through my chest. A hawthorn stake. I can’t believe my own freaking eyes!

“I thought you were my sister”, I say and crash onto the ground. The green grasses have become red with my blood.

“Your sister is dead long ago, dumb. I jumped into your sister’s body to take my revenge”

“What kind of fucking revenge?!”

“Your father. The great Albert Valdamir killed my mother to fulfill his own selfish desire!”

“You will regret for it”, I growl. I don’t know for how long I can talk.

“Now burn in hellfire”, she says and starts enchanting something. And I dive right into darkness. I never thought I’ll be dying like this. That bitch won’t regret. It’s me who is regretting. I should’ve listened to Ethan but there is no point of thinking about it right now. It’s too late. 

February 05, 2021 17:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Kay (:
01:25 Feb 11, 2021

Woah, just uhh wow, so much language I did not like that it was unnecessary and that just took me away from the story, it wasn't really that engaging for me. You could have split the paragraphs up more. You kept putting the punctuations on the outside of the speech which should just be put inside. Also don't make your title in all caps, it's a common mistake in new writers. Keep writing and stay safe. I wrote a story in the same prompt and would appreciate it if you read it and gave me some feedback as well. And if you liked it share it wi...

Reply

14:04 Feb 11, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing your true feelings about my story! I really appreciate that you pointed out my mistakes and shared it with me. Again, thank you for enlightening me. I will try my best and of course, I'll read your story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.