6 comments

Fantasy Fiction Mystery


Another sunny day in London, the sky is clear and blue .with a little hot weather

It’s 7 am it’s the time Harry wakes up ....

....

A young man called Harry is waking up every day with a plain expressions may be something is going wrong .

Harry is a prince also , but in a different castle , he is serving his people 

He is a waiter in a small hotel in London.

Going down from his bed , washing his face , clean his teeth then wear his clothes and take his uniform straight forward to the hotel to start a long day of taking orders and serving drinks and food. He is clever , hard worker , intelligent and friendly ....he was actually . 

He loved his job as he did not find another thing to love, he has nothing to give it his all , his mom died when he was 15 and his dad also , he had no brothers or sisters , Harry was lonely , he had only one close friend from school until now , so he gave his work all his efforts , he wanted to achieve something in his life as he felt that he is not good enough yet . 

He arrived on time to his work , clean uniform and perfect shoes with a good fake smile on his face , it was a real one in fact from years ago . 

He cared about the details very much . “ it’s all about the details , your life journey will depend only on the small details that you should care about Harry “ these words were always in his mind , as the woman in the small house near London said to him . 

If you are asking who is she then let’s go back 20 years ago ............


Little Harry was 5 , his mother took him to a place where he was so afraid , it was near London , there were some big old houses in the place , behind one of those big houses there was a small house with a scratched paints and some black spots on the windows , he barely see someone inside , it was about 8:23 pm his mother told him that they should go in the night because in the morning this house is empty. 

In the perfect sunny day , this house is not reached by the sun anyway....

Hello Madame 

- Hello Mrs Martha 

A greetings to an old lady , white hair with wrinkled face and wide eyes , sits next to a lazy cat that does not move a lot . 

Harry and Martha sat on a dusty old sofa , Harry was wondering why are we here !! 

Martha started to talk to the old woman : hey Madame , what do you know about him you promised to say 

- I know everything Martha , everything 

Then tell me  

- The old lady replied with deep voice : I can’t tell you everything now , but I will tell you a thing , first I do not say anything wrong , neverrr , so what i say you should believe and you will . Second thing , he is 5 now and that is the age that he will know an important thing that will amaze you . And also take care of him Martha , take care of him . 

- And for now you can leave and come when he is 6 , do not try to come before that. If you found me dead you will find what you want in that box and she showed them a wooden small box with a lock on it . 

But it’s locked ...

- It will be opened by then . 



Martha took Harry and returned home with a concerned face , what did she mean by take care of him , it is his first year in school what could happen to him .

..... Harry , Harry , hey bro , the lady there on table 10 needs to be served go take her order.

- I want a cup of coffee please , Harry .

Sure Mrs Suzan 

- Suzan replied with a smile , and Harry's face turned red . 

- Hey Harry can I ask you something ? 

Ahh .. aa sure 

- What is this scar on your right cheek? When you smile it always appears, but I was curious, and I was so shy to ask you. .....

The timid Harry replied : ooh ...I feel off my bike at the age of 5 when my father showed me how to ride it. Unexpectedly, he abandoned me and I didn't know why so I fell off the bike on the right side of my face ( Harry was smiling during remember this ) 

- Ooh I am sorry for you , However, it gives you something special , not always bad things are bad said the smiley Suzan .

Harry went to get her the coffee , he made it by himself , Suzan was a special person for him after his 24th birthday, particularly after what the woman had told him.


Back 19 years ago in the old woman’s house ...

It’s 9 pm , the time that Martha and Harry went there 

Hello Madame 

- Martha it looks like you did not follow what I've said to you , said Martha when she saw Harry’s scar . 

 No he just fell off his bike , you were right I know 

- I said to you I do not say anything wrong and I don’t lie . 

So you asked me to come at his 6th birthday and I made it so please tell me another thing . 

- It will be a good year for him , .......Martha please do not drink when Harry is home . 

What about your school days Harry ? 

Ohh it was good I remember that my first year I got the highest marks between my school mates , everyone was nice to me even the bad guys in the school . Said Harry with a smile on his face 

Suzan was looking to his scar that appeared at that time , she always love to see it. 


Martha was taking her son every year to this woman On his birthday , everything she told her happened , she knew that she wrote everything about Harry on a paper inside the wooden box . 

She wanted to open it one day but the old woman warned her from doing this , she said if you tried to open the box it will be your last day on earth.  

- So what about your mother ? 

She died when I was at school , Her death was a mystery to all physicians because there was no medical explanation, and I really don't know why, in the next year my dad was trailing her

Those were some questions between Harry and Suzan , before they got married , they still have no kids yet but it’s ok , they wanted to live freely at first without responsibility . A young lady loves a man in secret and he is the same. they had a wonderful love story. He never imagined of all this, but it happened a he was over the moon

...... It’s the 24th birthday for Harry , for about 10 years after his mother’s death he used to go to the old woman every single birthday , but this one was different .

“ Harry listen to me carefully , what I am gonna say to you is kind of madness but I never lie , as always , Harry believe me , without setting a time limit , Suzan is going to kill you “ 



The words dropped like arrows on Harry 's head, he had believed her for 23 years of his life, and everything that she had said had already happened.

It's going to happen.

How is that? I mean, I believe you, but it's impossible, she loves me, and I trust her more than anyone else, even more than myself, you might be wrong this time, Madame

- Wrong ! ........your mother would never tell me this word .

- You believed me during all your last 23 years and what I’ve said had happened and never failed 

- I told you that you will marry Suzan your special customer that you never dreamed of and it happened and I told you about the accident of your mother’s death by telling you some signs and it happened and I know , I know Harry that all over these years you still don’t believe me 100% like your mother but this will make you sure 

- By the way Harry don’t come until you become 26 don’t come the next year , and don’t leave Suzan because it will not change your fate , it’s done sweetie . 


.........another sunny day in London it’s Harry with only one day to become 26 years old , Suzan wakes him on 7 am as usual , 

And Harry with the same face for about two years, a simple face, no reactions, it's the same thing when something good or bad happens, he 's lost his enthusiasm for everything, every day, every hour, every minute that makes him close to his 26th birthday, he thought it was his end, and that was a kind of right thinking, I guess.

Suzan thought that he feels like he just missed up when he married her , she felt that he don’t love her anymore , she felt guilty for something that she didn’t do in fact . 

Harry decided not to go to work this day , he decided the thing that he was warned not to do . 

He went to the woman in the day , it’s something you should not do really. 

He went there but he didn’t find her , he even found that the sunlight is not reaching this house at all and he decided to sit here all the day until night to meet her . 

At night he was sitting with his back laying on the door of the house , it’s 10 pm and she didn’t arrive , he thought that she died at first but he decided to go back home and come back in the next day to make sure . 

It’s 8 pm ...Harry's 26th birthday , dressed on his suit , he wanted a great ending for himself . 

Ooh you are alive said Harry with his plain expression 

- And you are too said the old woman with mockery .

- You came here last night and that was not a good idea 

You saw me ? 

- I knew it Harry , 

- Now let’s get into what I want to tell you 

Suzan was the best person who treated me during this year , you are wrong this time old woman . It’s impossible .

- Little Harry , I told you before that details are very important . 

- Have you ever asked me about my name son ? 

............

- Welcome , I am Suzan 

- I never lie I said , I didn’t tell you that your wife will kill you I said Suzan . 

What ?! 

But ......this means that you are the one who will kill me ? 

Why ? No , you must be kidding 

- Harry I never do anything for free , your spirit is my target .

- First time I saw you I saw it in your eyes , the spirit that I needed , it was there in you , I decided to grow you on my sight , it is at its peak on your 26th , this spirit is what makes me able to live , to continue what I had started what makes me control people , I was making all of that Harry .

- I made your life I didn’t knew it , every single detail I made it , it was by another spirit of another dead body , now I got sick , I wanted yours , and I killed your mother because she knew this secret , I warned her ,but she decided to die , your father too I killed him , and like father like son . You should share them the same fate . 




Harry was the fifth , Suzan was the sixth and there are a lot more 

It’s me and I will continue untill someone stops the sequence with a fighter spirit or a bad one kills me , I will get your spirit soon son ..............

Do not tell anyone with my love Suzan ...............








This is a fantasy , Allah ( god) only knows what will happen to us and no one has these powers in real life , Allah is the only one who controls our fates and destiny.


October 10, 2020 02:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Abdallah Yasser
22:53 Jan 18, 2021

Great story from good writer 👏 Keep going bro ❤️

Reply

Karim Gamal
23:34 Jan 18, 2021

Thanks ya bodaa❤️ , great support as usual ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Verina Ashraf
20:15 Oct 19, 2020

The words are so touchy 😍 You made me feel that the story happens in front of me and i see it you're so talented keep going on dear ❤️

Reply

Karim Gamal
21:08 Oct 19, 2020

This made my day literally ❤️ Thank you for this amazing support ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maria George
19:55 Oct 19, 2020

Gamela awiiiii bgd 3ash ya sadiki keep going bgdddd ♥️👏👏👏

Reply

Karim Gamal
21:09 Oct 19, 2020

4okran ya Maria bgd a7la support da w far7teni gedan ❤️❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.