1 comment

General

Hi, I am Maya and I am a 25-year-old college student studying astronomy and part time YouTuber, wanting to be an actress. It has been going well, though it gets lonely not knowing anyone. I did not know that day my life was going to change forever. It was a cold after noon walking to my dorm room from class’s that day, and I walked past a couple, I ignored them at first, but I noticed the woman crying for some reason. That is when I got concerned, they came from near the alley.

I got to the back alley, and near a dumpster I saw a basket with a blue blanket, I knew right away that it was baby, and the telling from the blanket it was a boy at that. I thought he would start crying, He looked up at me and started cooing.

               “So, that couple was probably the baby’s parents. He is so beautiful, but I cannot have a baby in college, and my mom will kill me if I tell her I adopted a baby out of the blue, and the nearest orphanage is miles away.”

               Then he looked up at me and tried to hold my finger. I fell in love with him instantly, On my way home, I noticed he was not moving much or making much of a fuss. I stopped and checked on him, and he was fast asleep. We got home and found out the door was slightly opened, and found my roommate passed out on the couch. I tried waking her up.

               “Hey, Cherian the door’s opened again!”

               She woke up hazy from the night before.

               “I didn’t do it!”

               “Then who did it the Easter bunny?!”

               “Ha, you still believe in the Easter bunny?!”

               “Have you been dinking that special juice again?!”

               “Maybe, what’s it to you mom! What’s with the basket?”

               Then as if it were on cue, he started to coo.

“Maya, was that a baby?!”

               “Yes, Cherian that was a baby.”

               “Ok, first where did you get it, and second You know they won’t allow you to keep it.”

               “I found him near a dumpster, and I know but I don’t have a car to take him to an orphanage.”

               “Have you heard of this new thing called a bus!”

               “Yes, a bus why didn’t I think of, oh because it’s suicide!”

“Why, it’s a bus.”

               “Yeah a bus full of people, murderous people, and I can’t bring him into the mix.”

               “So, what you’re going to quit school and raise it?!”

               I looked down at the sleeping child.

               “You know what, yeah, I am.”

               That day I quit college and I called my Mom to picked me up. When she got here, she was disappointed at first, and she was also surprised by him.

               “Is that a baby?! Aww, he is so cute…. wait, I hope this is your roommate’s baby.” Said my mother.

               “Nope, I found him in an alley near a dumpster.”

               “Do you know who he’s family is?”

               “Not really, but now that I think about it, I think I’ve seen them in my astronomy class, and they did walk past me before I found him.”

“Are you sure?” asked my mom.

“So, do I know these people?!” my roommate from the couch.

“Not unless you take Astronomy, and Astrology.” I said.

“Stargazing, and fortune telling aren’t my forte.” She said slightly coherent.

“So, are you really leaving?” my roommate asked.

               “Yes, I want to really, but I’ll miss you.” I said smiling slightly.

               “Man, I guess I have to make posters on finding a new roommate.” She said in a half mocking tone, giggling slightly.

“We need to leave and get the deans office before he closes his door for the night.” I said hugging my ex-roommate.

               I told him with a heavy heart I had to quit school for a while to take care of my new son. We got to are hell about 2 am when everyone was up. My uncle was on his chair, and my grandmother was on hers. They were watching tv, not noticing anything, until I tried booking it.

               I made it into my old room, until I heard my uncle yelled from the living room. 

“So, why are we back home so early?!” Yelled my uncle.

               “None of your business! You’re not my dad!”

               “No, but I’m the closest thing you’re ever going to get, since he’s gone!”

                              I slammed the door almost causing my whole room to shake, woke him up, causing him to cry. I should of thought that though.

               “Do I hear a baby?!”

               “Did you say something?!” screamed my Grandmother.

Then he started to transform into a wolf pup. I was speechless.

               “Is that a baby?! Maya is that a baby?!”

               “No, it’s your imagination!”

               Then after a few minutes he came banging at my door like a mad man.

               “You’ve been gone a year and had a baby?! You can’t take care of your self how can you take care of a baby?!”

               “Watch me.”

               That just broke the camel’s back. We then went apartment shopping the very next day. It was the first stomach pumping that would resonate with me the most, when he ate half a battle of dish soap he started to puke up soap and other things, so I rushed to the car in a frenzy I didn’t noticed he was in his wolf form, so now everyone thinks I’m a loon with a wolf pup screaming about that “he’s a real boy!”. I did not know rather or not to take him to the hospital, or the vets!

I was having a panic attack, until this shady doctor came up to me.

“I sense that you are looking for help, I’ve helped a patient with the same problem, you volfman?” he asked whispering.

“No, does it look like it?!”

“Oh, sorry I meant, is the child a volfman.”

“Oh, are we talking about being a werewolf or the hair thing?”

“Oh, my dear are you daft?! There are no such things as volfman!”

               Then he pointed to his room. We walked into his room and started talking.

“Ok, ve need to make this brief he needs his stomach pumped and quick.”

He then called his nurse in and they took Jacob in for surgery. I was nervous though out that time. We stayed at the hospital for a few days and they asked me a few questions.

“So, vhere’s and vho’s his fazher?”

“At college with his girlfriend.”

“Are you his real mozher?”

“No, I found him abandon in an alley.”

“So, you are not zhe real mozher, I do not usually do zhis, but zhis iz vhat I can do. I need a blood sample from zhe baby, I already had a blood sample from my previous patient. I have a suspicion zhat zhese zwo are related zomehow.”

“Ok, why? Does my baby need blood?!”

“Well, iz zo early zo zell.”

Then after a couple of days, he got to go home, with no complications. Then a few days later I got a call from the doctor. He told me something that shook me to the core. It was 99.9% match that they are related. He did not have to say the name, I knew who he was talking about.

“What about Jacob?”

“Oh, he’s fine. But ve did find vood shavings, and some plaster, did you plaster a hole in zhe vall?”

“Yeah, we have mice.”

“Oh, zhat reminds me ve found zome mice also, ve know how verevolves get vhen zhey are hungry.”

“Yeah, thanks doc.”

 Months went by and we finally got a call back from one of the apartments we looked at and they accepted the application, and we got to move in right away. It was a small apartment, but it was livable. The best part was we were free from my Uncle the slave driver. Thank god I do not have to raise my child around that toxicity.

               A few months at the new house Jacob was being fussy, first he wanted a cookie, I told him “No, wait until after dinner.” Then he took no for an answer for a little bit. Then he asked me “Is it dinner yet?” and I told him “No.” then he keeps on asking “Is it dinner, is it dinner yet?!” repeatedly. I told him “Go and play with something to keep his mind off of dinner.” Then he turned into his wolf form and rampaged though the house. Chewing on everything, ripping everything, and throwing everything around.

 Oh, and didn’t I mention this is the story where I had to became, she hulk so that my son would not become flat like pancake. So when he was throwing his temper tantrum he thought it was a good idea to pull a sheet that was stuck in the dresser, and he pulled and I saw the dresser was rocking back and forth and it was about to fall on top of him. Until I came between him and the dresser and saved him. My favorite time was when we were on the porch and it was snowing so softly. We live near woods, so naturally he would have urges to run through the woods.

               He transforms into his wolf form and started to boke it, see at the time he thought we were chasing him for fun, which no, not at first. But then I saw that he was having fun with the snow we lighten the mood. We then chased him as he did some tricks in the snow. We then come across a clearing and stopped and as he howled with delight, and then we joined in as we collapsed to the ground as we laughed all together as a family.

               But that was shortly lived due to my Uncle told my aunt though marriage to my other Uncle, and my sister.

               “You have a child?! You of all people, you cannot take care of yourself! I told you this before, remember.” Criticized my aunt,

               “Yes, but I have grown since then, but you’ve wouldn’t known that since you hardly ever visit.”

               “But you, know that Aunt Jackie right.” Said my sister.

               “No, no she’s not!” said my mother.

Then Jacob came into the room he was five year’s old at the time, looking at everyone arguing over if his only mother was able to take care of him. He looked at me wide eyed.

               “Mommy, are you ok?”

               “Yes, sweetie Mommy’s fine, I think the people that don’t pay rent in this house should leave right now or I could call the cops.”

               “You do realize I’m a cop.” Said my sister.

               “A cop in training, you don’t count as a real cop, and you don’t have a warrant.”

               “Well don’t worry about the one person that doesn’t pay rent he’ll be out of your hair real soon.” My Uncle said with a smirk.

               Then something urged me to punch him in the mouth, he fell back, and he looked up at me like a wounded animal, like he was a victim in this situation. I was so disgusted by him and myself, normally I am not like this I could assure you. But looking at him right now he really made me sick, to the point of, if he were not my Uncle I could of went to jail but threaten my son mama bear comes out.

               “OH, You’re the victim?! Did my five-year-old child ruin your life in any way shape or form?! Did he threaten your life?! Did he come beating your door yelling and screaming at your mother like a beast?!.... and you’re the victim, huh this poor child had to witness your stupidly, and you guys say that he needs better, and say that I can’t raise this child isn’t any better, (Soughs) I’ve been raising this child for five years, and you come the day of his birthday and completely traumatize him. And for what to feel more superior then you already are?! You already emotionally and physically brought me down, I will be damned if you bring my son in to this debacle. He is five years old, what is your excuse?!... just kindly Fuck off please!”

The air was silent, as I was holding my son in my arms, as he was crying.

               “Oh, great he’s crying thanks everyone you broke him!”

               “Why, do they hate me momma?”

               “They don’t hate you, they hate me, and your grandmother.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know sweetie, why don’t you ask them.”

“And that’s the reason we treat you like a child, is because you have a mind set of a child.” Said my Aunt.

Then I gave my son to my mother.

               “Please, I asked you nicely politely to kindly get out of here, so, please get out or I’ll forcefully kick your ass out!”

               “You’ll get yours, and when that day comes, I’ll be laughing.” Whispered my Uncle.

“I don’t understand why you guy’s hate me so much to thrill on my pain, do you guys get off on my suffering?!”

               “No!” said my Aunt and sister

               “Yes!” said my ass of an Uncle.

“Well, get out of my home and if you ever come back there will be problems.”

They left with swiftness, I started to quiver uncontrollably as a wave of tears came crashing down to the ground, my son jumped out his grandmother’s arms. He hugged me with tears in his eyes.

               “We need to move, Uncle Graig has something big planned. And I don’t want to be here to find out.”

               We started looking for possible place to move to. We spent countless hours searching for a places, then I realized that it was pasted his bedtime as he shuffled into the room whipping his eyes from sleep. My mother noticed and nodded.

               “Ok sugar cube lets get ya to bed.”

We then went to his room, and he picked two books: love you forever, and some fairy tales’ collection which he heard a thousand time over, from cover to cover. It was about eight-thirty when he when he asked this important question that I could not for the life of me, answer fully.

               “Mommy why do television, and story books, depicted wolves being these monsters that everyone fears, why couldn’t I just be normal.”

               “Why, normal is boring I would dare to be different, I would love you anyway you are. I wouldn’t care if you normal or not.”

“I love you mommy, good night.”

               “Love ya to sugar cube.”

I thought about what he said, about wolves being depicted as the villain, or a complete monster to be feared, so I decided to make a story where the hero’s were a mole, wolf, bear, a bird, and a little girl save the forest. He inspired me to make the story a Mole’s journey. A month went by and sued the pants off my uncle, divorced and cut ties with my family and we moved to Orlando Florida, for the cheapest rent. My baby was growing and growing, and he is about six now and we have been making friends for the first time in years. We have been exploring the street of Orlando, as we came across a school bus.

“Mommy, what’s that big yellow car?”

“That, is a school bus hon.”

               “school…bus?”

“Yes, it’s a bus that takes you to school.”

“Ok, what’s school?”

“Well, school is a place where little boys and girls go to learn, and play….”

“Can I go to school?”

“Well, I don’t….”

“Please, please I promise I won’t go wolf, Please!”

“Well, I just don’t think your ready. We’ll talk more at home, ok.”

“Ok.”

We got home, and the first thing that pops out his mouth was “Why?! Why can’t I go to school?!”

Then my mother comes into room.

“Ugh oh you’re in for it.” Said my mother.

“Because, you might get into a fight and turn!”

“You think I’m a beast?!”

He then ran off crying as he slammed his bedroom. I felt a wave of guilt, and I was tearing up.

“You, shouldn’t have said that.”

“I know, but what if he did end up biting someone or eating someone.”

“Has he ever done that?”

“No, but he had me to ground him, if he didn’t have me…”

“But he’ll have a teacher there.”

“Mom, remember when I was in school….”

“Yeah, but he’s not you and kids now days might be more tolerant, we don’t know.”

“(Scoffed) Mom… you know damn well those kids will be the real monsters, if they find out that he’s different they’ll target him, so bad, that it’ll make your head spin. He can’t let his freak flag fly.”

I couldn’t let my mom know the real reason why I wouldn’t let him go, even though most of that is my reason, but I would miss the time that we had, and I would have deep empty nest syndrome. Well you know who won that argument, so with in a month he went to a nearby school near our home. He easily made friends, so, I was worried over nothing, until he ended up biting a boy, over a girl. He claims he would not have done that if the boy were not attacking the little girl. I was so desperate, and I found help from a neighbor, who happened to live next door, and who happen to be gypsy.

After meeting her for the first time, she said she had the same problem with her son. She made a book about it, but people thought she was joking and was looking for clout, she said she would give me a copy of the book. It was called Raising a wild moon child. She then looked at my child.

“Oh, he resembles my son when he was younger.”

 

 

May 30, 2020 03:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

03:16 Jun 04, 2020

A bit hard to follow the storyline, but I liked the twist in the last sentence!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.