"An opening in the male butterfly's house"

Submitted into Contest #74 in response to: Write a story that takes place across ten days.... view prompt

0 comments

Bedtime Adventure Drama

There was once a male butterfly who decided to make a house. He made it and finished it after a while, but he didn't leave a single opening on it, and the light couldn't get inside. The house was filled with soft flowers and as such was very comfortable and fragrant, but that butterfly felt neither comfort nor smell. He lived like that in that house, in complete darkness and discomfort. One day, while flying around a flowery area with his friend, he sees a small female butterfly. He went back to the same place for a few days and always noticed that little female butterfly standing on one and the same flower. Noticing that the flower was withering, she asked a male butterfly to receive her into her home. He didn't think much, but agreed immediately. By the time they reached the cottage, it was already dark. They entered the house. Suddenly, for the first time, a male butterfly smelled flowers in his house. When they went to bed, on 2 different flowers, the male butterfly felt inviolable comfort. When she woke up the next day, a female butterfly violently woke up a male butterfly because she was scared by the dim light of the house. The male butterfly woke up and opened the door, and the sun had already risen. A female butterfly suggested he make an opening in the roof, so that light could penetrate inside. He does it. Make an opening, just enough to illuminate the flowers on which they slept. The days went by, and the female butterfly apparently didn’t have enough of that opening and asked the male butterfly to widen it. He did so, and the room became even brighter. The days passed, and the male butterfly more and more satisfied and cared for the female butterfly. As the days went by, so did the female butterfly demand that the male butterfly widen the opening more and more. Finally, the opening extended almost along the entire roof. One day, a male butterfly decides to have an afternoon nap, but he was worried that someone might come and harm the female butterfly while he slept. Therefore, he locks the door and lies on the flower. He turned his back on the female butterfly, and fell asleep. Before that, he gave her a knife, thinking that she would take care that someone did not attack him from above and that she would "guard his back" with a knife. However, the scenario was not so ideal. Noticing an insect flying over the house, a female butterfly, thinking that it is a male butterfly that has a nicer house, decides to follow it. Before that, with quick movements of the knife given to her by the male butterfly, she cut off one of his wings (the male butterfly that was sleeping) and flew away. So simple and reckless. She flew after him for a long time (an unknown insect). Suddenly, he notices that she is following him. He didn't want to stop, but wrote her a message on the flower in front of her. Those were the most beautiful words. After a while, she asked him to stop. He stopped and she noticed it was a mosquito. At first she didn't like it, but they fell in love, quickly. He invited her to come to his home. At first glance, it was a nicer and more alluring home than the butterfly she originally had. The days went by and she was obsessed with his and the beauty of his home. This lasted for almost 2 months. She didn't leave that home anywhere, but she enjoyed that beauty all the time. During that occasion, a male butterfly found out where she had gone and sent her letters over flower petals asking him why she had left. However, she did not want to read them, as if they did not even come to her. Suddenly, that beauty of home began to disappear in her eyes. The mosquito starts to sting her very often. In many rooms she found things that had no name but were awful. That also started to terrify her and lead to depression. The culmination happened when she decided to escape somewhere from that nightmare. She wandered a bit, but remembered that a long time ago, 2 months ago, she left a mutilated male butterfly in the house. After thinking for a long time, she decides to visit him. She entered through the same opening and saw an empty house, dilapidated by the rain coming in and the thunder that struck her. As she looked around, a male butterfly flew into the house, still mutilated. He was sad, nervous and amazed when he saw a female butterfly. She invited him to talk, and he, after a short hesitation, agreed. They both knew who had cut off his wing, but they didn't talk about it. He tells her how he did a lot of good things by moving with just one wing. She, now lost in splendor, confessed to him what had happened during her flight and living in her new home. She also told him that the whole flight was in vain. She gave him full permission to literally step on her because she was flying without him. He didn't want to do that. She suggested that they demolish the old house, forget everything that happened in it. They began to build a new fortress on the ruins of the cottage, this time together. As soon as he laid the foundation stone, the male wing began to grow another wing. Time will tell whether he will build the fortress to the top and whether the male butterfly will grow an entire wing with which it will be able to fly without restrictions, with a female butterfly paired.

ROLE:

A male butterfly — one who loves unconditionally

A female butterfly - one that is fickle

A mosquito - one who is under the guise of beauty

The house-heart of the one who loves unconditionally

An opening in the house - a benevolent destruction of one's own heart, for the pleasure of a dear person

A knife-trust

A mosquito — one that tests loyalty erratically

Home and rooms in it - the heart of one who is under the guise of beauty

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------

STORY MESSAGE:

Learn from the mistakes of the female butterfly and the male butterfly. Never leave those who would leave everyone else for you, because of those who see you as an object by the roadside. Don’t let down the heart of the one who gave you refuge when it was hardest for you. Do not stab the knife of trust in the back of the one who entrusted it to you. Do not run away from him through the opening, which he made to please you. But be human, show that you are sorry and that you care, and on the ruins of the house you destroyed, build a fortress that will resist the attacks of disloyalty, lust and unethical, toothy enemy.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------

BY A TRUE EVENT

December 28, 2020 16:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.