0 comments

Crime Horror

(What is the story...)

I sprawled across my bed in an attempt to wake my nerves for the day ahead of me. I do my morning routine, I make my way towards the front door, but something catches my eye.

I see a small object, it was reflective and caught some of the light coming from my small lamp on the desk that I normally use when I work late until dawn.

What is it?

I don't remember...

But at the same time...

I do...

The room seems more eerie than I had meant to leave it this morning as I head to my office, I am still shaken by what had happened in my own estate.

If I don't regain my sanity I might end up getting fired for such a peculiar excuse coming from my own mind.

As I sit down on my hard, yet comfortable chair I see it again.

But this time it's right in front of me...

I can see it more clearly, it's some sort of...weaponry...

I don't know if it's a medieval source or if it's just a plain, hand crafted knife, but it looks like it has done some damage to whatever it cut...

The knife looks worn down though. It looks as if it's been used multiple times and it has the blood of whatever it injured dried all over the blade.

I don't know how I can tell this much from just the look of it. I think that I know something,

Something that I can't remember...

But at the same time...

I do...

I am scared of touching the foul smelling , hand crafted, weapon that was used to injure someone...

Even though I feel like I have wielded it before...

The thought of it makes me sick , but it feels familiar...

The feeling of the unknown takes me in it's arms only for me to realize that it is not an unknown feeling, but that of an event I have experienced before...

But, WHY...

I stand up from my seat and run out of the office afraid of someone coming to find the weapon in my cubicle and coming to attack me like they did the person who was the first victim.

Whoever harmed the person that had the first cut of the blade on their wrists and the slashes on their thighs...

Is a monster....................

It's something I don't want to remember...

But...

I...Do...................

I go to a small coffee shop at the end of the street that I used to go to after work before I went home from work. It looked like a hurricane had passed inside, it was very messy and it had objects that seemed to be moved or thrown in different directions.

I look to the wall where the menu for the shop used to be, now I see pictures of missing people pinned onto a work board. The largest picture in the middle was pierced by the same weapon that I had saw in my house, and in the office.

The old, flickering lights turned into blue and red as they swayed, still broken from whatever happened before.

I look at my own hands and black words form onto them, they keep telling me to remember, to remember...

remember, Remember, REmember, REMember, REMEmber, REMEMber, REMEMBer, REMEMBEr, REMEMBER....

...and for a moment...

...I do...

(And why did you do it...)

I'm in a house, a little smaller than my own...

I REMEMBER this place...

I don't REMEMBER what I did here though...

I go up the spiral staircase to the second floor and there it is...

...THE KNIFE...

Why is it just laying there, carelessly on the ground?

Because It's already been used...

It's already been used to harm someone...

I never meant to hurt anybody...

A flash causes me to lose my eyesight as I fall onto the hardwood floor, my head slams onto the ground as I jolt forward.

I was in my bed, I don't know how, but I jolted out of bed as If I had Just had a nightmare...

Was it a nightmare...

OR

do I just not want to remember...

My room starts decaying in front of my eyes as the darkness starts to seep in through the windows. I dash down the hall as I'm caught off guard by another wall blocking the way to the downstairs.

WHY...

WHY NOW...

WHY DO I HAVE TO REMEMBER...

My eyes are still open but all I see is darkness...

Then...

I see a light...

The light leads to the door of the old place that I remember, I see myself enter for the first time in a couple years but something's...

...Different...

I look...

psychotic...

My eyes are drained of empathy and every time I turn a corner I leave a smeared handprint on the walls.

What have I turned into, looking at myself now someone might think that I was possessed.

I hear a shrill cry of a woman, NO , My wife...

She's running from me throughout the house.

...I can see why...

I wasn't really a violent man, I don't know why all of a sudden I decided to bring this upon her...

...Now I know why I remember...

I hurt her, I did this to her, I don't understand, I wouldn't do this...

would I?

But, I loved her why would I do such a thing, such a thing that somehow I already understood how to do...

I followed through with my actions, even though I could've snapped out of it at any moment...

It reminds me of a similar story...

a story about two people...

that were one in the same...

A story of a doctor, and an experiment gone wrong...

Jekyll & Hyde that's what it was...

Maybe my actions were caused at a similar expense, it doesn't give me an excuse for the things that I did, but It gives part of an explanation.

"Hello, Mr. Valentine..."

I hear a speaker sound at the top right corner of my room.

"welcome, to the mental institution..."

Mental institution...

They mean, the asylum for crazy people...

No way...

" ...You are here to be rehabilitated..."

I know what I did was horrible but, I'm fine now aren't I?

I look to my hands that were neatly propped on top of my legs, I still had it...

The knife, I still carried it around after what I did...

I could feel myself having a panic attack as it gradually became stronger...

"...Mr. Valentine..."

"...change of plans..."

"...we can't let you leave..."

I didn't want to remember...

But.............

I did...

July 20, 2021 19:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.