Power of light!

Submitted into Contest #48 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy

I guess you could say she lived alone, but she didn't. She had a roommate. He gave her so much space in a comfortable way that it felt like a little of both living alone, yet with a roommate/friend. It was a new life for her very different than the one she had before. She had been removed from the life she once had, away from friends and family that she had always known. At first she wasn't used to it, but she was slowly getting used to less company around her. The familiarities of her life were not the same, but had changed in different ways. Ways that only really changed for her, from what she could tell early on in the change.


You would often find her walking alone, yet smiling staying above the sadness that may be lodged somewhere deep down inside of her. In an odd way, she started enjoying her own company. I mean if she was with her roommate, you could see her enjoying herself as well, for the most part her mood rarely changed. Somedays, she was challenged almost tested on her old ways. Her old ways? well let's just say she would react to regular aggravations and frustrations. Be it work or relationships. Those were daily triggers for her, she almost wondered if she used to live in a bubble of bad relationships in a past life. Here with her roommate, she was free of that, I suppose you could say not every day, but most days. She was no longer in a relationship with a partner that could trap her in to crazy behaviour. She knew not all relationships between man an woman were like that, but hers yes they were. Being far removed from that daily mess was something exciting and new for her.


These knew tests almost seemed like a tests of strength and power of calm and collected. Sometimes she wondered, was someone looking for a version of Fonzies sister in her, she smiles at this, a sister that could stay cool and calm, in a wound up unknown situation for a long time? Was there an audition for a character that didn't react to the normal tribulations of a woman in the twenty first century. She was sure some would look upon her as a spinster or a lonely woman, but somehow she didn't feel that way. Why she felt as though she had Ray the Sun God that she was kept company by. Maybe not always on the surface, but in her heart. She felt like she had all of earths gifts of natural euphoria. The trees the sand the air a breeze that blew a wave of coolness upon her cheeks. The ocean the river the clouds the Sun and the rain. All these things were natural givers of happiness for the woman that '"looked as though"she walked alone, but some of us knew better she walked with all the gifts of the earth. Still she lived in a time were the situation of doing all of this should have made her weak and vulnerable to the regular attributions of life, but it didn't. She was happy, cheerful and thankful of the natural provisions as the Earth provides the ones that we take for granted at times. She wonders has this always been there and is she only now being welcomed in to this world of love and goodness in the air.


Though she appeared alone, she knew that she wasn't alone, she was spiritual and so was all that was around her. She felt the vibrations of energy all around her. Somedays she felt as though she was being tested with traits of yesterday, but she was no longer a young girl or a middle aged woman she considered herself, just a woman with no title of era. She was a woman of no age. She knew something had changed. She thought back in time, by years she remembers feelings within her, natural feelings reactions to a time and events around her. How does that leave you? the thoughts of insecurities, the daily problems of us humans on earth. Is it time? growth from within? Weight issues, money problems, appearance issues, these were problems of a long time ago for her. Her strength, was the growth out of these old whispers. Though these whispers still floated around her, she was able to fight them off with courage and confidence. The power of ones strength to fight off the whispers of testing the mind. The power to fail the whisperers around her the ones that have the job of creating insecurities and doubts ones way. She never whispered badness back to others as well, she knew now what to do in order to escape it all. Ignoring is the power to crush ignorance in the case of all humans chased by the whisperers of darkness. These ghosts that used to host her being are now deleted in her soul. Her strengh and ability to ignore is power her thoughts of light and love now host her deep within and she grips to the strength that holds that together. She thinks of those that may need her strength and courage, light and love and so she sends breath into the air for others to stay above, the whisperers of darkness. The one thing she knew is that no one would ever know it was her spreading the power of light as her wish and gift to others.


In a time we are being tested by God to do the right thing, we are given lessons and how to handle them. Have we been doing right by each other? Have we really been watching out for each other or just ourselves? Have we been hoarding the goods or have we been thinking and spreading equality? We must look inside ourselves and the truth will pour from there.


As we watch the girl with no name no friends nothing but the earth surrounding her, do we judge? or do we do like her and spread strength light and love outward on to all others, to create a stronger earth? Alone and vulnerable we shall not make eachother. Light love and strength for we are all here to be great and provide greatness for all. We shall fight the ghosts that use us to host them and ask up above to shine the light on all all. The power of light shall shine bright from all of us. Some need the light more than others. For her it isn't just her that spreads the light from within, she accepts all that is around her and knows there are others with the superpower of positivity light and love. She prays and sends breath to all those that are willing to accept and spread through out the earth. More and more light to light up the sky and lives. Some catch the breath and keep it like a gift from up above. Even if it shines upon us for a short time, capture the light and know it came to engulf your being. The breath of light shall shine on bright and be within even when it seems like it isn't. It is there, it is in your heart and her heart it is there, you will know by the power of happiness that excudes from you even on those days when all around us seems a mess. You will know from light and love within yourself.

Love live and fight with light. See the light be the light live the light!

June 27, 2020 19:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.