0 comments

Mystery

Albert Dommer worked the midnight to 7 a.m. shift as a security guard at the Pepperidge Farm located somewhere in the state of Connecticut.

Shortly after signing in for his boring shift half drunk off of Tequila and being highly inebriated from the hallucinations of some real life seeing side effects from some too strong gungi African marijuana on June 17, 1972, the 24-year-old Albert noticed something amiss. His entries into the Pepperidge Farm Company security log reveal that he found doors on levels B2 and B3 stuffed with old recipes for preparing Goldfish Crackers. At 12:30 a.m., Albert “cut out all the lights in the colossal, long hallway, that was just before he took a big gulp of the 100 proof Mexican fire water” of course and began to investigate.

If only he hadn’t fought with his girlfriend Missy Cowbell 21 hours prior to his shift because he found her  cheating on him in the back seat of an old 1969 Volkswagen van with a big fading and wore out sticker that barely read: If you see this van a rockin, don’t come a knocking, with his worst enemy Horace Buttertree.

The young now unimportant security officer extremely drunk Dommer who’s only thoughts and concerns being preoccupied about getting revenge.

When suddenly he found a door taped open, he called the Connecticut police 4 times, one he had forgotten the 911 emergency number, two he couldn’t locate a phone even if he had briefly forgotten how to call out,  3rd  because he had a gram of too cocaine in his security top shirt button he knew he had to flush it down the toilet or flush it up his Santa Klaus looking red nose. It was just before 2 a.m. when the police found Albert passed out in the security station in the main lobby.  June 20, 1972, three days after five men were apprehended for unlawfully entering Pepperidge Farm Bakery headquarters.

Six days after the Pepperidge Farm break-in, and especially when the first investigating police officer’s couldn’t get any vital information from Albert, they were stumped to know why anyone would want to break into a bakery.

The President of the company who was named Milhouse Nixon’s chief of staff, H. R. Puffenstuff, proposes using the CIA to tell the FBI to impede the investigation of the secret ingredients in this cookie recipe stealing crime. "We’re set up beautifully to do it," he says. After getting some details on the operation, Nixon agrees to the plan, taking the fateful step in the Pepperidge Farm cover-up that will ultimately cost him from being on Board of Directors and CEO.

Pepperidge Farm in which is highly known globally to be one of the best American commercial bakery’s founded in 1937. A subsidiary of the Campbell Soup Company. Pepperidge Farm products include Milano and Nantucket cookies, Goldfish crackers and varieties of bread.

When the 2nd investigating team of highly capable officials couldn’t get any fundamental information from now sober Albert who had been charged and arrested for espionage and stealing company secrets, who actually believed he was being interrogated for having one Cuban cigar strategically placed inside of his black working man sock on his right leg. The Cuban cigar was only a front. He just wanted to roll the last of his Gungi with the leaf.

The company felt so sorry for Albert that they transferred him to their Pepperidge Farm Branch office in Soth America in which he was never seen or heard from again. On December 4th 1972, right after Christmas Eve, it was rumored that he was now living in the mountains of Bolivia smoked out as bad or even worse than the character Smoky in the movie Friday!

When the CIA discovered that it had to be one of Pepperidge Farms employees who stole the recipe for their new Nantucket Cookie.

The first and last report the company received from the FBI was given to the new CEO Donald Tripp.

They had to involve themself and give their full attention to several major events and those who qualified to make the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List in 1972 and 1973.

The most series being the Watergate Hotel break in and cover up. Then they had to find and kill Twymon Ford Myers, a reputed member of the Black Liberation Army. A fugitive black militant who wound 4 innocent citizens in the Bronx’s, New York City.  

Karleton Lewis Armstrong, one of four young men being sought in connection with the fatal; bombing at the University of Wisconsin, was linked by the authorities today to an attempted bombing last February of a power station near Baraboo, Wisconsin.

Susan Edith Saxe (born January 18, 1949) is an American who is one of only ten women ever to make the FBI's most wanted list, and one of three women from Brandeis University to do so. She was placed on the list on October 17, 1972. Saxe describes herself as a "lifelong radical activist, intersectional in outlook since back in the day when we just expressed it as the idea that “everything is connected.” She escaped from a bank robbery in Brighton, Boston, in which Susan shot and killed a Boston Police Officer.

Christian was the founder of the city’s notorious Black Mafia, and under his leadership in the mid-1960s through the ’70s, its members operated a complex criminal enterprise wholly separate from the Italian Mob: numbers-running, drug trafficking, extortion and prostitution. Later, they’d develop high-level moneymaking schemes, tapping politicians for a cut of the windfall of federal funds pouring into impoverished areas. In consolidating power, Christian and his followers left a bloody trail of more than 40 bodies, including the decapitated head of a noncompliant drug dealer outside a North Philadelphia bar and the sawed-off hands of another dope peddler.

You’re probably sitting there wondering in which direction I’m headed in this epic break in. In truth I don’t really know but I do know that the job was done underhandedly by one of their competitors according to CIA classified records. Higgidy, Executive Coffee Service, Harmless Harvest and Angie's Artisan Treats.

As a good mystery writer I will gladly allow you to investigate and find the cookie recipe thief. Hint: It wasn’t the Cookie Monster.

December 11, 2020 19:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.