Very Smart

Submitted into Contest #74 in response to: Write a story that takes place across ten days.... view prompt

16 comments

Drama

After dropping my husband at the Airport with the intimacy that he would join me in ten days in Murree. Than I drove straight to Murree. The total scenario of the way was fantastic. I would call it an aerial view. Lush green mountains.pine trees were spreading fragrance, colorful stripe fields in the mountains are the excellent technique of the growers. Some fields of yellow sunflowers and the mixing of green was very highly picturesque.  Murree is a beautiful Summer resort since ages. Due to Express way stretched from Islamabad to Murree takes one hour drive .The whole route is now full of fun.Beautiful luxurious flats, Hotels ,parks presenting the sight of prosperity. Spruce and Deodar are the trees scattered throughout the high hills. It’s Summer is always wonder full.I reached Murree at two O’clock noon. It was almost mid summer and mild breeze of sprinkling different fragrances were wonderful .I stepped in the hotel. Hotel was constructed by the English men in Eighteen century but it was very well kept It was presenting a Birmingham style architect, some times it seemed that the architect was a poet or fond of literature. My husband two days ago reserved a room for me..When I was moving towards the room, a young girl, wearing jeans and baggy shirt,came forth and introduced herself “Neeli” as an official guide of the hotel. She was looking very cute and energetic. I went to my room and immediately took a hot shower. After a little while door knocked, on opening I saw Neeli standing ,I asked her to step in.She was also a good scrubber. She scrubbed my whole body with shaking gestures’ tuned me fresh and electric.Her spoken English was very accurate. She told me that she has done her 8 standard from the Convent Jesus school ,Murree. At six o’clock ,we both went to “Murree Mall" ,a promenade, There you will see a great crowd. Been great rush ,We just wandered in the Shopping Arena,All of a sudden,Neeli howled !!….,”Madam your picture in the show case!!".There was a photographer studio,different pictures were drooping inside and on the door side. I saw my sketch, pencil made exclusively centered in a decent frame in the beautiful show case.l hurriedly went towards the show case, it was indeed my sketch It was very collosally crafted, I became stunned for a while, who,how ,when crafted it ?I never came to this place before but how my image came, so many questions head ups .”Madam ,do you came to Murree before or are you some model sort “? Neeli asked confidentially."No,No,that is nothing like this" but It also pondered me.I again gave a glance to my sketch ,at the side of the sketch, there was initialed “deegee ”.I went inside the photo shop and asked about the sketch.The shop attendant also went agaped,when he saw me but couldn’t uttered a word. He told me about the “deegee”.The shop attendant was also a very sharp he sold my picture for five thousand rupees but I didn’t bargain with him ,and picked up the frame and gave my hotel room and contact numbers to go So,that Deegee must see me.I couldn’t sleep the whole night. Early in the morning, Neeli came,and told me that today we are going to meet “deegee in evening in coffee shop.So,in evening, we went towards the coffee shop..It was a very well kept and decorated hall with dim lights. Neeli didn’t come in and she just pointed towards a gentleman. Gentleman clad in a luxurious black double breast With facing silk light blue scarf and grey pants, his hairstyle was like Clark Gable ..and his eyes were intoxicating, Constantly looking me with a smile and suddenly picked up my hand and give a slight kiss. “At last my long awaited imagination came across, Neeli told me about you and your visit to me.”He very deeply looking in my eyes and he said all this in very low tone .”Oh do you know me ?“.I asked .” You were in my heart, He answered very romantically. “How it could be possible?”.i answered…”Heart doesn’t know the reasons, you know whole these years you were with me.Tomorrow I would lead you to the place where we sit for hours looking each other. “Dee gee came near to me holding my hands.I at once stepped back “. You are still young and seductive, you have magical sweet voice, I’m in great love with you”. He was all saying this with great confidence. "You don't,, know I’m married".I said. After a little pause, he said “Oh even than its OK,I have no bad intentions for you, I like secretive love, I don’t want to grab every desire. Deegee, expressed his views .”Tomorrow I shall come to your hotel in the morning and take you to the place where we meet every day ”He said . “What nonsense you are talking ,I never met you before.” I assumed deegee little drunk. “Don’t be afraid of your husband, I would be your silent lover. Deegee very fluently said.” "Hold your sentiments and don’t tried to meet me ,you are a black mailer.” I stormed. And came back to the hotel. My husband rang me and said that his stay been delayed for a week. What is this all going on?”. I have become a Sandwich.Some thing is going astray. Next day Deegee came to the hotel, but I strictly refused to go with him. At night I was just lying on my bed, I sensed some body is near my room’s door, I swiftly opened the door.Neeli,was existing in front of me.”madam, any service, I mean scrubbings".she asked very leanly. I looked to her and permitted her come in .I laid on the bed .She asked me to wear some light dress for scrubbing. I understood, .Quickly went and wore my nighty. She started scrubbing but this time her scrubbing which was done before,were different,now it was some erotic sort. I quickly turned and with somber eyes said “Look girl ,I’m not lesbian ,”.No Madam ..I…m sorry,if you felt like this.She nervously expressed. ”you are a young girl, I treat you like innocent and you are driving lust. I would complaint to the manager “.I tried to pressurized her.She At once stood up, started weeping ,I pointed her to leave the room, with giving some money to her, She opened her small purse adjusting the amount in it, I quickly saw my photo graph. I swiftly took it out,now she was totally gasped.What is my photo graph doing in your purse,? Who gave it to you”.? I will call the police .l screamed .”Mam, i had stolen this picture of yours from the hotel reservation office and gave it to Deegee, ,He made this sketch of yours and than we sold it to you, this is our business.she declared it boldly.” oh you girl you know it’s a crime”. I’m sorry Mam and I asked her to leave the room and shall never come to me again. Ok" she said very nervously and went away. Next day ,in the evening I was just strolling in the market, I turn towards that photographer's studio. Some other Lady's sketch was placed in the same show case  and a young couple were looking to the picture.” Darling amazing” Lady said, couple was really amazed when they saw the sketch. "How do the artist made my sketch without seeing me"? The lady asked ."This sketch is been crafted by the artist's own imagination. I mean by heart" !Neeli replied.

 The End.      ............'


January 01, 2021 16:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

16 comments

18:04 Jan 08, 2021

Amazing story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
04:00 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks reedsy for the approval of my story"very smart".

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
12:06 Jan 04, 2021

Deegee was great fraud but the lady didn't given chance to him.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
12:05 Jan 04, 2021

In the last Neeli says"This sketch is been crafted by the artist own imagination, it's means by heart".sounds good

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
12:02 Jan 04, 2021

In horror stories hill station, house on mountain, lightening creates good scenes.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
12:00 Jan 04, 2021

Murree is indeed a colossal hill station. In two of your stories you mentioned the hill stations.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:57 Jan 04, 2021

As i mentioned that your character description is very limited. Try to describe in detail.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:56 Jan 04, 2021

Deegee life style was also well designed. His attire was presented good. Need more descriptions.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:54 Jan 04, 2021

The madam is also very smart, she she did not fell victim to Deegee.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:52 Jan 04, 2021

Deegee is very important character. He turns the situation.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:51 Jan 04, 2021

Neeli is innocent, she was mature than all, cunningly as well.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:49 Jan 04, 2021

The thugs were also very bold. Their way of cheating was little emotional.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:48 Jan 04, 2021

Actually these types of thugs are very common in the hilly areas.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
11:47 Jan 04, 2021

I love the concept. The sketch of the character is the main twiter.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:20 Jan 02, 2021

We move according to the prompts allotted to us.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:19 Jan 02, 2021

Thank you very much Sheeji,your suggestions are worth pondering .

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.