5 comments

Adventure Fiction

Im Annabelle take me seriously I saw the sun explode in 9 days. Take me seriously Im standing on the rainbow bridge take me serious what's wrong with you are you asleep I'm saying lots of context In sign language have frost giants here can you not talk uses phone as flash light sees he left his post and his sword is still here Ill bring odin here of course he won't believe me but I got to try we need to evacuate midguard these goggles should allow me two see odin by now


I figured out he was a hologram I was and they worked and I teleprted him with a 5 second warning here I used the sword. Odin is my grandfather he’ll believe me the dark eleves might use this to invade at least he’ll be more ready. I started head on the world ending I already wasted 2 days to convince your family that its true they improved there defenses but just throught it was cute can you at least consider this please dont take the sword away from me.


Come sit lets start from the beginning and form a contingency plan It started with a dream but my eyes were open I remeber I convinced alot of people to improve there defenses but no one would believe me grand I would be ready to move on if there was a mini sun. People she tried to convince and there stories. Though if she throws a skull and it hits someone by accident she can save them as long as their head isn't decapitated but the second she brings them back they will resume their lives but if the body has a fatal sword wound then they’ll die from that. The day started like normal. I woke up late and realized I hurt my hand on a nail but I carried on and I went to the deck and gaze upon the shimmering ocean as the sun rises. 

 

This is the ragnarok creature. A lava dog found its way to Valhalla since they didn't breathe. She didn't die. A valkyrie found her and called his abilities controlled lava because when she wants the lava to be harmless . They became friends and then destroyed the back door together after she learned a language and basically grew up she was a curious baby that has no biological parents because she was formed by lava in a small volcano so no siblings. Odin let her stay though technically she didn't have a gender and nobody was sure how the dog would reproduce also the dog's name is super dog. Later Odin thought she would be perfect for the ragnarok team and the hel heim mission. Another ragnarok creature is One day there was a tree that grew different that grew to be conscious with legs and arms. Who built an magic AI cannon and fired off thing he thought would be magic that makes a magic cannon ball he can sense magic he shot of 5 magic dice every birthday or day of conscientiousness and he shot magic keys and saw a whole world though he thought he was hallucinating just in case he went through the veil.

This was the roof of vallahada and the view was stunning so he went down stairs the jump to far He found shocked faces but still said hi in his language which sounded ruffly like roar-if-to-nine I came to the bottom of the hotel and found an what looked like an important so i came in and he was asleep so I said hi and started to worry about my canon that crashed to the floor of his office that woke him up once it became clear he wasn't dreaming he tried to cast a new rune he created the rune of understanding and hoped it would help him understand him and it did he was looking for a quest and he said by the unique battles he saw and weapons he said you could give me one odin said what's your training and how did you get here and how long has it been since you've been conscious 36865 moons. I have photographic memory. My name is Odin, what's yours. That's your practical name. What does it mean? Names usually don't have a practical meaning. Ok. My practical name is tree. Well think of something odin says and pats him on the back reassuringly and says have you tried to magically bond the canon to your back No I havent 2 seconds later the canon attached to his will to a round spot on the back of the alive tree A sword with a never ending flame

Once upon a time there lived a knight with a sword forged with the hottest fire that is still burning. Everywhere he went they asked him how his sword was still burning but all he knew is that his father hid his sword in the barn and when he held the sword the fire would start but never stop until he wasn't holding the sword. One day he came through a town called Stone Vault where he found a druid and asked him why his sword burned when he held the sword. The druid said that the swords magic the fire starts when a person descended from the caster holds the sword. An average day or not

It was an average day today other than a kitten I single handedly tried resque from out of a tree. Surprisingly though the cat didn’t want to get out of the tree and the cat 

it looked like it was guarding something with a putrid smell. I followed the cat and I saw it was guarding bones. I immediately took my radio and called but apparently today no one is in this town today besides a bat an extremely skilled flyer called a bat. They can fly anything with persisian with the ability to fly. Currently he is flying a small plane and trying to land on a non airlift roof. 

With his pet scorpio the scorpion. I heard the tap tap over the radio. I hang up. Then I suddenly hear a rustle in the leaves and a chrosendoing hiss from a giant garden snake climbing up the tree. I sshiver knowing it's not poisonous but it's still a giant snake with sharp teeth and skales. I panic and carefully climb up the tree until I don't hear the hissing. 

I see the skeleton the cats guarding come alive I pull out a sword from the tree on instinct And quickly climb up the tree until I realized the skeleton must have jumped and was facing me I fought with a sword almost perfectly even though i didn't know how to fight and soon i realized the sword was communicating with me through morse code let out a sigh of relief forgetting i'm on a tree I lean back. Then I hear a snapping and hissing. Then whoosh. I feel myself falling from a great oak tree until finally the branches stop breaking. As I lie on a strong branch. Then suddenly I realize it's rotted as I fall and hit the ground. 

Half unconscious I scream my last words as my breath is taken away from me in startling shock. I can't breathe my hearts failing. Suddenly I stop desperately trying to take a breath and die. That's when I go to valhalla. 


August 15, 2020 21:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Keerththan 😀
08:03 Sep 02, 2020

Interesting story. Enjoyed it. Great job. Would you mind reading my story "The adventurous tragedy?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jane Andrews
10:16 Aug 27, 2020

There were lots of interesting ideas in this piece, Alexandria. I think your writing was stronger when you concentrated on the more traditional aspects of Norse mythology - perhaps you could develop that a little more and miss out the bits with the cat and the bat which seem to belong to a different story? You certainly have a lot of imagination; now concentrate on building a really strong storyline and letting some of the subplots go.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Rambling Beth
11:28 Aug 17, 2020

This was an interesting story, and I loved your incorporation of Norse mythology! That was really cool, and very well-placed. I did find the paragraphs a little hard to read because the sentences were a bit long, and so the paragraphs became really long. That was only really at the start though. Once you mentioned the Ragnarok creature, the paragraphs became shorter and easier to read! (Hope that helps.) I really loved this. I'm a massive fan of mythologies in general, so this was a delight. Excited to read more. :)

Reply

19:36 Aug 19, 2020

i corrected it

Reply

Rambling Beth
20:36 Aug 19, 2020

Lovely, thank you :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.