0 comments

Mystery

The crash just happened and no one saw it coming. Trapped in the middle of no where in an evil island, we couldn't find a way out from the island. We had to stick together like one big team being careful not to loose one another.

"don't go into the woods?

but all the warning given didn't occur to us, for we can't stay in one position and not look for food to fill our stomach. I set off together with my friends Leah and Dorcas, the wood was so quite and scary. Neither did we realize we had entered into the wolves territory.

Holding each other as we walked through the woods, it was like the woods was spinning around like a ball. Not seeing the way out of the woods, "Leah! I think we are lost.

Footsteps were heard right behind us, bushes moving from each direction, "Somebody is spying on us". Fear caught our throat that we couldn't speak out words loudly, but whisper among ourselves not to be heard by the beast that is hiding behind the bushes.

Walking along the woods not knowing that my friend Dorcas was missing, calling unto her but no response, "Dorcas! Where did she go?

Dorcas was right behind them and how she disappeared, no one knew what happened, it was like the woods had swallowed her. Searching for Dorcas through the woods took more than one hour, our feet had started to ache. Throat became dry like a dry stream, no water in our possession, sitting under a big tree as we took that big nap.

Founding ourselves in situations that we were not able to get out. All worn out, Leah found a resting head onto my shoulder as we were driven away by deep sleep that we rarely recognized how time flew surrounded by darkness.

The sound of the wolves were heard from a distance in the woods, which brought more chills in our bodies, startled from sleep as we woke up in fear, "what was that? All we knew we were trapped inside the woods, but never knew our beautiful bodies will turn out to be a delicious meal for the wolves.

"what if we never make it out of this woods alive?

we kept on encouraging ourselves, but that was not enough. Our thoughts were filled with negative words, regrets, "Oh! How I wished we could have followed the warnings but our stubbornness has led has inside a closed wall.

Anger had struck into our belly, forcing ourselves to fall into eating of wild fruits. It was bitter but what could we have done,

but anger pushed us to. I can't remember the last day that I had a befitting delicious meal, thoughts in our minds has Leah and I forced the bitter wild fruits through our throat.

we needed to find away out of the woods, continued walking using sticks to support ourselves. The wolf stood right before us, as it stared towards us with yellow eyes breathing aimlessly.

"Run! running through the woods, the wolf was right behind us, sweat was dripping as we ran while panicking. Leah Stampled onto a rock and falling down as she stretched her hands towards me, "help!

i turned to go and help her, the wolf got hold of Leah's legs as it pulled her, Leah screamed but I couldn't do anything. Standing there with tears on my eyes watching the wolf tearing Leah's body into pieces. I ran to get away from that horrifying scene as I screamed and cried in bitterness.

The sound of an helicopter was heard, waving my hands shouting for help but it was futile. I made way through to the island, finding the rest the people there.

"Where have you been?

All those questions was spinning around my head, I remained to stare at them like a dummy.

"Where is Dorcas and Leah?

I stared at them as I couldn't control my tears, "They are dead

We had to do something to get out of that place, no one knows when the wolves will attack us again. We made boat out of reeds and we were able to sail out of the evil islands.


Copyright by Joan Opoyi

November 21, 2019 09:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.