A wish lost in the Stars !!

Submitted into Contest #39 in response to: Write a story that begins and ends with someone looking up at the stars.... view prompt

8 comments

General

The shiniest star on sky, frozen eyes over it, laying on the terrace, Andy was blanked. He was much away from the real world and lost in the world of stars. His eyes blinked with a falling star and suddenly he came into senses to make the wish. He mumbled something very softly in a hurry and crawled his eyebrows falling star vanished with a blink only. Still thoroughly he was finding that star rolling eyes all over the sky. But it was gone. He looked down sadly and started thinking if the wish is going to be full fill or not. He tried his best to make the wish earliest he saw the broken star. With hope and remembering God, he fell asleep he didn’t realize.

It was morning at 7 am, when he was woken up with alarm he sat yesterday night. It was a very important day for him. He started his day with a deep breath.


He was going to meet Rosy today. The Love of his whole life, his wife. Who left him. But the image of beautiful Rosy with black eyes and brown hair never blurred in his eyes. It's around 10 months he hasn’t met her, while they are living in the same city. Every single passing day he was missing Rosy more badly. But he got broken when he saw rosy outside a hospital with a tall, fair man. He wanted to shout out and stop Rosy. But she could have gone till the time he reached there. Some common friend told him, she has got delivered a baby girl with Nikk. Might be he was the same guy he saw outside the hospital. So many thoughts were encircled his mind from that day. He just wanted to meet Rosy once. He wrote so many emails to her.


And finally, this was the day she replied, she was ready to meet him once. He needed a closure, why she left him. He never got to know. It was a very simple day, He returned home after office, and Rosy was not at home. He called her, she didn’t receive a call. He waited for her, she never returned.


He had so many questions to ask Rosy, That Rosy never answered.

Today Andy left the office very early, and reached the restaurant to meet Rosy. He was having a very mixed and strange feeling inside him. He was very worried as well, how he is going to react, if he loses his temper then what. How Rosy is going to react? He didn’t sit, he was just taking round here and there. Around after 20 minutes he saw Rosy coming towards him. She was having a baby with her, he was the most afraid of it, and it happened. Nikk was also with him. Nikk was stung in his eyes. He wanted to talk Rosy alone. Why she has come with Baby and Nikk.


But whatever, at least she has come. Sudden Rosy stopped a bit far from Andy and said something to Nikk. Just after a moment Nikk stared at Andy and moved to another table and sat nearby chair.

Now Rosy came to Andy. Andy was overwhelmed seeing her after so long and meeting her. But Rosy was looking so silent. It was impossible to tell how she was feeling, by looking at her face. But She was looking more beautiful now in a red gown, the same black eyes a bit watery with brown hair sweeping in air. While Andy was in a deep silence zone, Rosy broke the silence and asked Andy, How are you. Within the question only Andy started telling how much he miss her still, and why she left him. If he was the Nikk, that’s why she left? How she could do this to him. And in just 10 months now she is a mother of a baby. How she can ditch her. Whatever the list of questions he was having he said altogether and was not ready to quiet but sudden Rosy stopped him, Shshsh…..


“Meet Henna…Your Daughter”, Andy was stunned for a moment. “How it is possible”. The moment he got to know about the baby he was hating her. This was the moment Andy was in pin-drop silent. He looked at the baby. Henna was looking very pure and soft like a cotton ball. Her lips were resembling the shadow of Rosy and he was trying to figure out if the eyes are like him. His all the questions to Rosy were flashed for a while. And he took Henna from Rosy in his shoulder. It was the heaven moment for him when he realized it was her daughter only. While he was lost in emotions with watery eyes. And then suddenly he heard Nikk voice, Rosy is it done we are getting late, from far.


Before Rosy came ahead to take Henna, he again started with his questions by taking one step back in fear if Rosy takes Henna.

Rosy answered Andy, I just wanted to meet you once, Henna is your daughter. I wanted her to meet you. Now you can leave. Andy again came with the same question, you haven’t answered yet why you left me. And Henna is my baby you cannot take her away from me. While he finished his sentence, he found Nikk beside her. Nikk held Rosy’s Hand and asked her to leave. Andy was restless now how you guys can do this. But Rosy said nothing She forwarded his hands to take Henna form, Andy. Andy was speechless. He handed over baby with a stoned heart. Rosy took a deep breath, and with her last word.. Take care Andy and be Happy. She turned with Nikk and moved ahead. Andy started yelling Rosy Rosy from Behind. But she did not stop. Andy was full of tears. He sat on the ground. This was the worst moment for him. Andy was full of tears. He sat on the ground on knees. All the memories of Rosy was coming all over in front of his eyes in flash. He was not able to stop himself crying. It was around 10 minutes of Rosy left. Andy was still frozen over there. He was not able to gather the courage to hold the emotion and stand and go home.

Suddenly his phone rang, He looked at the phone, and wiped his tears. He stood up and received a call.

Just three words he said… Why?.......Ok….Hmm. and disconnected the call.


Now he controlled his emotions, he knew there is no use of being there and slowly he moved outside. While he was on the way home, he was not able to forget hennas touch her face and the feeling he had when Henna was on her shoulder. He went to meet Rosy only but was returning with Henna’s memory more. He was completely blank out after the incident.


In a while he reached home, he removed his shoes, and a jacket thrown on the bed and again moved to the ground and lay on it. He was trying to get over from the loneliness he was feeling inside. Now again he was trying to find out the falling star among the stars. But his mind was still stuck with why Rosy left him.

Suddenly felt the warmth of a hand on his hand. His eyes moved towards and he whispered Rosy very surprisingly and looked at the face. But this was Linda. Andy closed his eyes tightly., this is Rosy’s ring How did Linda get this. He moved his eyes again to the sky, as he didn’t want to see any other after Rosy. Opened his eyes. Stars were still shining the same they were shinning yesterday. Again a star has fallen, but this time he was not having any wish. All the answers were right in front of him in the stars.

May 01, 2020 15:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

Blane Britt
07:47 Jun 03, 2020

Your story is Rosy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Niketa Nitya
17:25 Jan 20, 2021

nyc story

Reply

Show 0 replies
Udit Sharma
18:34 Oct 05, 2020

Nice one, I like the content, it is quite original.

Reply

Jyoti Sharma
13:59 Oct 06, 2020

Thank you Udit 😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Blane Britt
12:01 Aug 20, 2020

Keep writing you're good.

Reply

Jyoti Sharma
14:02 Oct 06, 2020

Thank you Blane Britt 😇 definitely...will come up with the new story soon ✌

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Roland Aucoin
18:06 May 06, 2020

Hello, Jyoti. I enjoyed your story, one of realization. But your grammar and word choice took away from the flow of the story. I do editing and proofreading, mostly for fun. if you would like help with your grammar, simply reply to my comment here. I will give you my email address so that you can send me a copy of this story for me to 'edit' for you. :)

Reply

Jyoti Sharma
16:18 May 07, 2020

Thank you so much Roland for your feedback :) Please do share your email Id..I will share the story with you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.