48 comments

Funny High School Kids

 “Good morning class, I hope you had a good winter break.”  

The smile from Mr. Doolittle’s face, wiped away and was replaced with a frown. The old man had a cold heart, as cold as the wind on a winter day. His eyes could burn down a door, if he wanted to. In fact, he might already.  

“Before the break, I asked you to pick a hobby to do. You kids need to get your nose out of your phones.” He scoffed, throwing his paper on the desk.  

Kids? Are you kidding me? I was a senior in high school, and I’m a kid? Look who’s talking. The whole class jumped with the thud as I just rolled my eyes. 

“Have a problem with that, Miss Fletcher?” He asked, putting his hands on his hips. 

I pushed my lips together, trying to contain a laugh making its way up my throat.  

“No.” I replied, holding my head with the palm on my hand.  

“Okay then. After school, I need you to pick a hobby and work on that. I don’t care which one it is, as long it is not electronics.”  

“Yes sir.” The class mumbled. 

“Sorry?” He asked, holding his hand to his ear. 

“Yes sir.” They yelled.  

“No yelling.” He barked back as he popped his huge as- 

“Get busy.”  

After school, I made my way home, trying to think of a hobby. Nothing came to mind. There was basketball, puzzles, painting, all the things my grammie would have. I ran home, hoping grammie still had some stuff. I swung the door open and threw my backpack and shoes next to the door.  

“Grandma?” I yelled, running to the kitchen. 

“Yes dear?” She yelled back.  

I halted to a stop when I saw her with a cookie in her hand. 

“Grandma, you know the doctor said no sweets.” I yanked it out of her hand and into the trash. 

“Come on! That was the last one!” She complained, reaching her hands across the table. 

“And the last one you will ever have, correct?” I asked, putting my hands on my hips. 

“Okay, fine. Now, what did you want?” She asked, leaning back in her chair. 

“Do you have any paint or puzzles?” I asked her, sitting across from her. 

One of her eyebrows shot up with confusion. 

“Since when did you want that?”  

“It's for Mr. Doolittle’s class.” 

Her frown faded and turned into a flirty smirk. 

“Grandma! Gross! You know he is married!” I barked.  

She put her hands on her chest and hooted with laughter. 

“It's not funny! Now do you have those things?” I asked her, being annoyed.  

She dabbed the bottom of her eyes with a napkin and sighed. 

“Yes, I do.” She got up and walked to the coat closet. 

 She grabbed a big bucket full of junk and walked back. She slammed it on the table right in front of me. 

“Ga!” I yelped, as it landed on my finger. I ripped it from the bottom and shook it, giving grandma a glare. 

“Oh please, when I was young, I had to chop a chicken head off just for dinner! That’s nothing.” She sat back down, opening the lid.  

“Okay enough. Thank you, grandma, for.... whatever this is. I owe you.” I grabbed it and kissed her on the cheek. I walked down the hall and into my room.  

After an hour, I had 2 favorite hobbies but couldn’t pick one. I found buttons and glued them to different fabrics and found that very therapeutic. I also found painting nice. The way the paint layed on the canvas along with the brush, was soothing.   

Grandma popped her head in my room and smiled. 

“Having fun?” She asked. 

“In fact, yes.” I smiled, stopping for a minute and facing her. 

She layed against the door and nodded. 

“Thats good. Which one are you going to pick for class?” 

“Hm... I don’t know.” I laughed, looking back on my desk filled with buttons and glue.  

“If you need help, you know who to turn to.” 

“You mean my other grandma?” I laughed. 

She rolled her eyes and closed the door.  

I turned back to my desk and continued to work.  

Later that night, I decided to go with the buttons.  

The next day, it was my turn to tell the class what I picked. I walked up to the front and held up a bird made from buttons. 

“These were my grandma’s buttons. I used white to make it look pure. Like my name, Katelyn. It means pure.” I said, turning to Mr. Doolittle. 

“Well, well... good job. That is very nice. You may sit down.” 

After school, I found grandma on the couch, watching her Zac Efron marathon. I laughed and sat next to her, resting my head on her shoulder.  

“So, it went good?” She asked, reaching to the remote and pausing the movie. 

“Yes Ma’am. You did good grandma.” I smiled.  

She smiled back and hugged me. 

“I’m so glad. You know, I have a lot of history.” 

“Like your 4 lovers?” 

I laughed. 

She looked at me with anger, then laughed along with me. 

“Yes, my 4 lovers.”  

“Why are you watching Zac Efron? He is nasty!” I pretended to gag, looking at the tv. 

“What?! He is so cute. His hair, his abs, and don't get me started on his face.” She gasped. 

“Yeah, if you're crazy.” I responded, getting up. 

“Too bad, I'm already crazy.” She spoke. 

“Yes, you are. See you later.” I smiled and walked out.  

Hey guys! Before I say anything else, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST ZAC EFRON! So don't blow up the chat with complaints please. Lol. I didn't know my name means pure. That's interesting. I love it! Comment what your name means! I would love to know! Also, Mr. Doolittle, is a teacher of mine. He is really mean, (not wanting to cause hate) but save me please!! Anyways, thank you for reading. I know, I haven't been active, but I have school. School sucks, fyi. Anyways, make sure you follow me as I post every week (maybe twice). I love you guys soo much and will see you later! Byee! *HUGS*

January 28, 2021 20:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

48 comments

Danny -
23:06 Jan 28, 2021

Oh hiiiii! Great story :) do you mind if I recommend this story to a friend? I love it :)) Also, unrelated... For the longest time I thought your pfp was a wolf, I only noticed now it was an elephant :D

Reply

Katie May
03:18 Jan 29, 2021

Of course you can! I don't mind at all! Oh and haha! I will be changing it soon. :D

Reply

Danny -
03:22 Jan 29, 2021

Yessss, I'm sure she'll love it too :DD Ohh, what will you change it to? I'm having a hard time finding the perfect profile photo, I kinda like it now.....but I'm scared I might not be able to change it to something else because I love it soo much :)) Also, I think the elephant looks great, I love rainbows

Reply

Katie May
03:27 Jan 29, 2021

I already changed it and it is a rose! Roses are my FAVE, and smell amazing! Oh no! XD

Reply

Danny -
03:30 Jan 29, 2021

Ohhhh I love itttt, i love roses too :)) And nice emoji :D Also I read your bio, your favorite animals are elephants? was that why you chose an elephant pfp? XDD

Reply

Katie May
03:31 Jan 29, 2021

mOsT lIkElYyY. i'M ChAnGiNg DaTtTt! LOL

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
23:44 Jan 29, 2021

Hey Katelyn, do you want to be in my sci-fi reedsy-cast story. I've been planning on doing it for a while, but I'll get around to it at some point. XD Here's the questions: Alien’s Name (either your name or it could be different): Alien’s size: Alien’s color (can be any color or combination of colors): Alien’s special features (horns, tail, wings, tentacles, fur, scales, fins, etc.): Any other details about their physical appearance: Personality: Alien’s Planet of Origin (can be real or fictional): Any special abilities it has: Other (just...

Reply

Katie May
02:05 Jan 30, 2021

Okay! Sounds fun! Name: Katelyn Size: 5'11 Color-Blue Features- Tails and ears Personalitiy- Sassy and sweet Planet- Moon Abilities- Reading peoples mind (idk lol)

Reply

Maya -
02:13 Jan 30, 2021

Oooh cool! Thanks! XD

Reply

Katie May
02:30 Jan 30, 2021

Sure! XD I'm starting on Addie's POV, so if you want me to share it on the doc I can!!

Reply

Maya -
02:36 Jan 30, 2021

Nice!!!!!! I'm kinda busy with something else right now (sorry!), but I'll work on it soon, promise! Sure, whatever works! Do mean put what you write on our collab doc? :)))

Reply

Katie May
02:38 Jan 30, 2021

No worries girly! And yes Ma'am!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
19:43 Jan 29, 2021

Would you like to do the collab now, if you're not busy? I can make the doc and comment the link.

Reply

Katie May
19:45 Jan 29, 2021

Sure! I'm not busy at all!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maya -
16:10 Jan 29, 2021

Happy Friday! Hope your day has been great so far! ✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮ Would you like to join our skribble game later today at 3:30 EST? :)

Reply

Katie May
18:03 Jan 29, 2021

Yes! I would love that! And I hope your day is also going great!!

Reply

Maya -
18:07 Jan 29, 2021

Yay! :D What do you think of the new prompts?

Reply

Katie May
18:14 Jan 29, 2021

I love them! I was thinking, would you like to do a collab?? That seems fun! Up to you!! :D

Reply

Maya -
18:15 Jan 29, 2021

Oh, I would love to do a collab with you! That would be so fun! :DDD

Reply

Katie May
18:17 Jan 29, 2021

Great!! Do you have any ideas?? I was thinking about 2 kids who were seprated at birth or something like that. And we could each do a different POV

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Maya -
23:38 Jan 28, 2021

Awesome story, Katelyn! It was a really fun and sweet read! Your characters each had distinct personalities and the story flowed really well. It fit the prompt perfectly! Haha Mr. Doolittle is such a funny name for a teacher. To answer your question, my name means water (at least that's what I read when I had to do a school project on it). Also, I love your name! :) Btw if you want to join the new Reedsy group the Skribbls you can. The info is in my newest story. We would love to have you! Great story!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDD

Reply

Katie May
03:18 Jan 29, 2021

Thank you so much!!! That is so cool! I will have to check that out! Thank you again for the invite! Can't wait! :DDDD *HUGS*

Reply

Maya -
04:11 Jan 29, 2021

You're welcome! *more hugs* :DDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.