0 comments

Fantasy Romance Teens & Young Adult

Read these in order before this passage!

1: A Paranormal Beginning

2: Hell Breaks Loose


My fear had to have showed,instead of confident and intimidating, my voice became soft and low.” he really did warn you about me, hmm, interesting, usually he’s too afraid to warn anyone of my presence”.His voice was a dark joyous chuckle, echoing throughout my head, haunting my body with each word he spoke.” did you hurt him?” I spoke calmly and slightly louder than a whisper, my eyes fixed on his, and he slowly formed a crooked devilish grin.” No wolf, I didn't hurt him, just scared him a little”.

His voice was no longer an amused tone, instead, his tone turned plain and informative.” is there any way he can be released from your service?”.What the hell was I saying?! I just met him last night. Why am I even hunting down this demon and asking if vampire boy is ok?! “It's possible I guess…what will you risk to save the vampire?” He made strong eye contact and stared down at me with that smug expression of his.

” What exactly do you want mister…?” I said, feeling the rage and frustration build up in my voice.” Amon, my name is Amon, and I want an anima,” He told me in a calm, conservative voice, like I was a stranger he was making small talk with, as we were in line for coffee.” a soul, you want a soul,” I said, obviously questioning my own tone, I wasn't sure if I sounded more intrigued or angry as I spoke to him.” oh, smart, you know Latin wolf”.I was getting more anxious to hit him as we carried on our conversation, I just wanted to get rid of him, and find vampire boy (I really need a better nickname for him…).

“Can we figure this deal out after I see him?” I calmly asked Amon as I kept my eyes on him. “Fine, but you can't leave till we make a deal”.Amon then tightly gripped my shoulder, making me hot and dizzy as I felt sicker by each second he continued whatever he was doing. The atmosphere blended, the sunset that was behind Amon had disappeared, the treelines blended with the sky, and everything got scorching hot. His grip loosened as I fell to both my knees, not being able to keep wherever we are from spinning as I held my head tightly. When my vision cleared, all I saw was a dark room, a black marble floor, and gray plain walls with dead plants and purple lights.

By the snap of Amon’s finger, they all lit up, suddenly clearing everything and tinting the whole room a dim violet color as I spotted nameless-vampire-dude in the middle of the floor. There were no visible bruises, no cuts, no gashes, and no burns.His eyes were half opened, and, they seemed a really deep blue, fear coated his entire iris, instead of the beautiful golden or red colors I saw before, his eyes were dim.His skin was paler than before, and his hands and feet were pulled toward his torso. As he spoke, watery tears fell from his fear-shot eyes.

” You should not have come here…you're trapped here too…don't listen to him…”. The room suddenly grew cold as I hear Amon walk across the floor to me and my friend (I clearly wanna save him, so I guess he should be considered a friend).With each step Amon took,the room grew colder and colder, leaving nothing but a creepy conscience and cold breath.” He's right, you should not have trusted me wolf, you have no choice now, pick, stay here with me, and him, or give your soul and leave with him”. I thought for just a second, wondering “You idiot, why the heck did you trust a demon/stranger/big tall guy with black eyes/creep in the first place?!” and I decided to ask, even if I might get a fake answer.

With a heavy sigh, I stared at the vampire as he laid on the floor, and spoke.” What happens if I give you my soul? Clearly I won't die,you said,and I quote “give me your soul AND leave with him”. He smiled sheepishly, and spoke as if he was delightfully surprised at my question. “Well, without a soul you would turn into a vampire, and lose your beast traits”. By the end of his sentence I heard on a darkened pleasure tone in his voice like he was confident that I would definitely choose to give up my soul to leave…and he was right.

” Alright…you win, take my soul…” I rose and turned around to face the cunning demon, he had planned this, and there was no way out of it. I waited, preparing for what may happen next, Amon then walked up to me, taking steps till I was only one and a half feet away from him.His breath was heavy and slow, and his stench of sweat overwhelmed me as I took one small step back.His hand found my throat, he then applied enough pressure to my throat,it felt as if it would break in, and fast.I could feel my soul leaving my body, physically and mentally, my eyes grew agitated, my throat began to turn numb, and I couldn't breathe as I saw a strange mist emerge into the air in front of me.

The damn demon’s face formed a smug expression as his grip hardened, then I realized.He would not let go, he was gonna kill me, and he wouldn't let me or "vamp-guy" go.” again, you shouldn't trust a demon, now time to die”. I struggled as his grip just got tighter and tighter around my throat, lifting me off the ground as I crumbled under his crushing hand. Quickly panicking as he slowly killed me, I decided to at least give him my last words to him before I depart this world “Wanna know what DEMON stands for asshole?”.I said straining to keep my voice as his nails got longer, slowly piercing my neck like each one was a razor blade cutting through in the slowest,most painful way possible.

“Better tell me before you die vampire” His smile faded, making him seem more angry than anything. He was tired of playing nice and now he finally gets to kill someone (specifically me, and probably Mr. Hottie vampire over there on the floor).I let out a crooked smile as I slowly dragged out each word “Dipshit Evil Minion Of Napping”. That sounded smarter in my head…damn, it's too late now I guess. Amon let out a sharp laugh, he definitely did not expect those words to come out of my annoying little mouth, and that seemed to give him a kick.” Napping?, Little girl, I can live with the “Dipshit” part, but “Napping?” I hoped you could do bet-”.

As I listened to his words, I fell to the ground, hard,and quick, my elbow landed wrong and I slowly bleed out from my neck, the pain was excruciating, and I ached all over, feeling like I’d been poisoned.I heard loud grunting across the room as I slowly tried to focus my eyes.Everything was a blur, I heard shattering glass as I try repeatedly to stand up, and then everything went black as i watched two pairs of feet cross the room...


April 07, 2023 22:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.