0 comments

Suspense Teens & Young Adult Thriller

TW: Violence, Blood, Act of Killing

9 months earlier...

"I'm so excited for the sale at Hollister!" Olive gushed as she twirled her pink hair, "I'm going to dye my hair blue soon, what d'ya think?

I nodded, "That'll look pretty sick, especially like a dark blue one!"

She sipped on her Starbucks milkshake, "You excited for your volleyball competition?"

I nodded vigorously, "yeah, except we're playing the dolphins and they're really, really, really, really hard to beat, plus they are the absolute best at spiking!"

"You're pretty good too!" She consoled me.

I raised my eyebrows.

"Well, maybe you could use some work but you're better than I am!"

"And you don't even play volleyball!"

"Well- I'm pretty good!"

"It's all Maddie's fault! She always takes up the coaches time for extra help!"

"Well I think you'll do fine." She said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"This is why we're besties!" I raised my hand to high five her and she hit my hand back.

***

Did no one remember her? Was I just crazy?

It seemed that no one remembered that bubbly girl, Olive.

Olive was my friend that went to my art school. She was a year younger than me and always had her hair dyed a crazy color.

I stared at the picture of us in my room. She and I were hugging each other at a carnival in Texas, her vibrant blue hair flying free in the gusty wind.

It's been about eight months since she's gone missing. I had went to my art class a few months ago and didn't know where she was so I asked Ms. Cobble, our instructor, where she was.

"Who's Olive?" She had asked me, confused.

I had laughed, thinking that she was joking. Little did I know was that I was going crazy.

I went to Olive's house only to find an abandoned house covered in spider webs. Not a single person to be found in the neighborhood actually.

So, I told my parents, and they immediately took me to the therapist, not wanted to have their daughter be imperfect.

I told my therapist, Lisa, and all she did was give me stupid pills.

Maybe I was crazy...

Maybe Olive was just a figment of imagination. But I wasn't going to give up.

I researched all about her, all the awards she got, the school she went to, her phone number.

Nothing. Nada.

It was when I was walking home from my dingy old high school when I noticed- or felt someone watching me. Obviously I shrugged it off.

The next day I was driving home from the bakery and all of a sudden my car stopped. Luckily, I wasn't on the freeway. I got off and checked my car wheels. All fine.

All of a sudden I heard laughter and my heart stopped. I turned around, to see a small shadow. I looked closer.

It was a girl.

With blue hair.

It was her.

"Olive!" I cried, running toward her so I could hug her, "Where' have you been?"

She pushed me aside, her brown eyes blazing with a strong emotion that I couldn't tell.

She had something in her hand.

A knife.

"Olive?" I asked a bit more quietly.

She started laughing, "Oh Teagan!" She said maniacally.

I backed away. She was mentally ill. She had a freaking knife.

She stepped closer to me and I could see her hair was a mess, her clothes were all ripped and there were red lines all over her face.

"Here, let's - let's go to my house and we can go and get you-you some help-pp." I stuttered.

She brought the knife near me and hummed a nursery rhyme.

My eyes widened.

She was going to hurt me.

Run, run for your life Teagan.

And I didn't. I stood there like a frozen deer.

Stupidest thing to do in my entire life.

But I did do something smart.

I ran back into my car and locked the door and started driving away. I got home, slamming the door, then locking it.

I ran to my room and my sister, Amelia, who was in middle school, banged on the door to open it, demanding me to tell her what happened.

I told her nothing and she reluctantly left.

***

The next morning I woke up to a bloodcurdling scream. I ran down to see my mom screaming at the top of her lungs and dad yelling at someone on the phone.

I looked around to find Amelia lying dead on the floor in a puddle of blood. her blonde hair was soaked with blonde and she had a huge gash on her stomach, her eyes- missing. All darkened and black, like someone lit them on fire and took her eyeballs out.

No, Amelia couldn't die. She was so innocent.

Olive.

This had to be her.

Who else would it be?

But I locked the front door.

She couldn't pick that.

And- we have security cameras.

I ran to get my phone and opened the app. No one noticed me.

I opened the Nest camera to watch the video. Amelia was eating cereal early in the morning, and then the video turned black, a scream, laughter, and then it resumed back to normal.

My eyes widened and I fainted, the phone falling on my lap.

I woke up in the hospital to see Olive standing over me with a creepy smile and a knife an inch to my nose.

No no no no no no no no.

I started screaming at the top of my lungs for help and nurses came in. When they saw Olive, they took her out of the room. I couldn't believe it. I literally couldn't. What happened to my poor Olive? Was she on drugs?

I stayed in the hospital for a day once the doctor cleared me that I was able to go home.

My mom led me to my room and left to go mourn about her favorite daughter, Amelia.

I was about to lie down on my bed when I saw Olive there.

OH MY FREAKING LORD.

SAVE ME.

And that was the day I was murdered in my own house.

Thank you for reading! 😊

Sorry if it wasn't good or anything! I had a hard time with this prompt an just wasn't feeling it but wanted to try at least. That's all the matters anyways! Well, I hope you have a great day, enjoy your life, and have a creepy Halloween! 😉

October 25, 2021 03:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.