0 comments

Fiction Friendship Christmas

There was a girl named Cassandra. She love birds but she did not know how to take care of it. She really love birds but every time she hold a bird, her hands slowly transform into a demon and in the blink of eye, the bird suddenly die. She have a friend named Mr. Wilson. Unlike Cassandra, Mr. Wilson love birds too but Mr. Wilson have an angel hand. Every birds he hold, the bird loves him.

"Mr. Wilson, why birds love you?" Cassandra asked.

Mr. Wilson giggled and pat Cassandra's head, "I don't know."

Cassandra frowned because Mr. Wilson's answer, "So the birds don't like nor love me?"

Mr. Wilson smiled and sit beside Cassandra, "No, don't think like that. I know someday, there is a bird will love you."

She looked Mr. Wilson and scratch her head because of confusion, "Someday?"

"Yes, someday."

After the conversation with Mr. Wilson, Cassandra happily singing at the park alone. While singing, there is a bird land in her shoulder. At first, she was shocked but she smile and place her tiny hand in front of bird.

"Come with me, come."

The bird obey her and hold gently the bird but every birds she holds, it's ended up in dying.

"NO!"

She saw how bird dying in her hands. Her tears flows down in her cheek and her fragile heart crying with her, again.

"Why, birdy?" she whispered, "Why?"

She cried and cried until Mr. Wilson pat her head. When she look at him, Cassandra hug him and in his shoulder, she cried until there is no tears dropped in her eyes.

"Are you okay now, Cassandra?" Mr. Wilson asked.

Cassandra didn't answer but instead, she looked at the skies, "Why birds fly?"

Mr. Wilson smiled and answered Cassandra, "Because they have a wings to fly."

She looked at Mr. Wilson with open mouth because of his answered, "Are you okay?"

Mr. Wilson's laughed and pat her head again, "Yes, I am. Fix yourself and it's time to go home."

Tommorow morning, Cassandra tried her best to be good term in birds. She bought a food for birds and a three bottles of water. She placed a food in one corner and wait if there is a bird will eat that.

"Please, birds."

An hour, there is a one bird landed and eat the food. Cassandra cheerfully run but when she is almost reach the place where the bird is eating, the bird suddenly stopped and collapse.

And the next thing she do is crying. She cried again because the bird is died because of mysterious ways.

Again, she cried and Mr. Wilson pat her head and hug her.

"Why... birds fly?" Cassandra's asked again Mr. Wilson.

And again, Mr. Wilson answered, "Because they have a wings to fly."

Tommorow morning, at the same place, she bought again a food, bottles of water and she make sure that the food is safe to eat for birds.

She waited for an hour until there is a two birds landed and eat the food. She run and the birds fly because of shocked.

Again, Cassandra tears flow in her cheek.

"Please, come back."

"Why everytime I walked to buy banana bread at the morning, I always see a cute little demon crying and holding a three bottles of water?"

Cassandra didn't give a looked to Mr. Wilson and let her tears dropped.

Mr. Wilson hug him and Cassandra asked him again, "W-why birds f-fly?"

Mr. Wilson's smiled, "Because they have a wings to fly."

At the 22th day of December, she walked at the street and she spot Mr. Wilson holding a bird.

She say hi to Mr. Wilson and he offered the bird to Cassandra but the bird suddenly trying to fly.

She run and caught that bird. She noticed that the bird have a injury.

"Little bird, let's go home."

She walked at home and careful to hold a bird.

Her love and effort give to the little bird. She use a band-aid and popsicle sticks in his wings and luckily, she do it on right way. She build a small house for the bird and happily, the bird accept it. Her fragile heart, little by little, becoming into happy heart.

Three days later, the bird can fly and Cassandra is happy. She's dancing with the bird is flying rounding up to her. At the night is come, she realizes that she need to release the bird. Again, her fragile heart starting to hurt.

"I don't wanna let... No."

She stared at the house of bird. In the blink of eye, she saw Mr. Wilson setting free the birds he taking care.

"Someday, there is a bird will like or love you."

Cassandra turn around and breathe shortly after Mr. Wilson pop-up to her back, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I feel like there is a little demon remember me so I decided to come."

Cassandra's forehead scowled and scratch her head, "Are you insane?"

Mr. Wilson's giggled and pat her head, "No, I'm just a Adult demon."

After that conversation, Cassandra sit in her bed and stared at the house of her bird.

"So, what's your plan? Are you setting your bird free tommorow morning?"

"No, i don't. I love that bird."

Mr. Wilson frowned and sit beside of Cassandra, "It's not right, Cassandra. I know that we are demons, but we don't have a bad manner towards in our someone we love."

"No, that bird is the only one who accept me. That bird is the only one who don't die because the curse I had. That bird gives me a love that I waited for so many decades."

Mr. Wilson smiled and pat again her head, "Okay, but it's not love."

In the blink of eye, Mr. Wilson disappeared.

Cassandra tried to sleep but the words of Mr. Wilson run in her mind. She's a demon but have a fragile heart for birds.

Tommorow morning, December 25th. She walked with her bird. She saw the other birds freely to fly everywhere they want. She decided, even it's painful. She open the cage and let the bird fly away from her.

"Goodbye, little bird."

She watched the bird fly freely and Mr. Wilson appears again in nowhere.

"So you already realized why birds have a wings to fly?"

December 21, 2020 23:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.