2 comments

Christian Friendship Coming of Age

I thought I was seeing things.

I saw an Angel, who came into my sight, when I was at the bottom of the valley, while feeling defeated and failed. He is so beautiful and gorgeous, merciful, and kind, a non-humankind.

Do you remember those moments, when we were on the boat that you made, your favourite toy, on the lake where we met, with the witness of ducks and geese, under a sky that matches your beautiful blue eyes, we were whispering to each other, giggling along with hummingbirds and beetles. In the waves of water and breeze, your scents and aroma were fusing in the air, the haze of summer felt so humid that could melt us into each other. Your melodic voice and tone, were dosing my brain into a coma, and my limbs and body were just too weak to support, and couldn’t help fall into your cuddle. In this summer time, this very moment, I felt time had stopped and I wish it could just freeze here, with you.

Do you remember those instances, when we were playing with your computer that you assembled, along with your merchandised computers, and your computer genius, competing in programming contests and winning many prizes and awards? However, those glories and victories could never be comparable to those sacrifice and endeavor you put in for the triumph for our Nation. Those fame and vanity could never override your pride of being a National Hero who saved millions and sacrificed himself. Your selfless virtue is always the most brilliant spirit among passions and euphoria.

Do you remember those times, when we were on the plane that you desired to make, the one you drove to work and to march, the one you made your dream come true with, we were flying with birds and geese, we were laughing with all the fresh air and oxygen filling in our lungs, we felt the sweetness of freedom, we defied gravity and got closer to our God. We lifted our feet above the ground, and we touched the cloud for many times. We together flew in the air like particles, the real sense of feeling science was all around me and surrounding me. I felt blessed and you are my miracle.

Do you remember those moments, when we were walking by the lock, you picked a yellow flower that you were allergic to and told me that, I could sell this in auction and it could make me rich. I actually almost believed in you because you were a legend to me. Your existence was quite legendary but you were always like a convenient store man to me. You are friendly and nice, kind and gentle, and never have any sense of arrogance in you. I could never tell you were once a military man, who guided and led hundreds of soldiers in the battlefield. I could never tell you were a computer scientist who made radio and computer at the age of twelve. I could never tell you were a well-accomplished professor who made programs that saved millions of lives. You were always a smiley Man, who was humble enough to learn all these and never admitted you are just a pure Genius.

Do you remember those moments, when we were wandering in the city, walking through downtown, going to the art galleries, and contemplating on the arts that showed many aspect of lives. You told me, these were the manifestation of our lives, of humanities and of spirits. So I decided to become an artist, a composer, who made musical notes freely, who painted with liberated mind, in the language of spontaneous impulses, about my favourite Angel, my most courageous and loving Savior, my forgiving and selfless Hero. You are always a shining Angel to me, who always guides me through difficulties, and shares your philosophies and wisdom which you had acquired over your time and experience. You are always the sweetest being God had ever created, a legendary existence only born once in a generation, a phenomenal beauty of all time.

Do you remember those moments, when we were discussing about future next to the baseball field in which you coached high school student during your time training to be a military pilot? You were talking with your free flow mind and passion, about how excited you were driving to fields with brave soldiers who were determined to serve the country with their precious lives. You were talking with your courageous and intelligent ambition for the interesting future that seemed to be promised by God. You were talking about the hope and dreams you still had for the remaining of your lives. Everything seemed to be living in an eternal world, everything seemed to be lasting forever, with your timeless beauty, and with your never-ending energy and love for a better life.

Do you remember those moments, when we were on the Remembrance Day, I watched you standing next to the monument, saluting with your most serious post as usual, to the fallen soldier during the services for our Nation. You were so serious for the lost lives and always told me that, remembering them and move forward with grace in life. You said, the freedom and peace we are currently enjoying everyday, are all because of these courageous Men, who sacrificed their time and lives, their energy and their wills, their freedom and independence. No one should ever forget what they had encountered and we shall all show respect to all these fallen soldiers. When you were saying these, I know your solder parents were so proud that, their son were such a great giant in the Nation, and such a Man with great integrity and beautiful virtues. A precious Angel of my life.

Do you remember those moments, when we were in the woods, in the tent that you bought from your favourite store, and shared with me with your greatest joy and excitement, and taught me all the surviving memories while you were in the infantry? I was so obsessed by you, by your beauty, your interest, and your toughness.

Pray for you, my lovely Angel, may God blesses this wonderful Man a long and happy life. 

July 20, 2021 23:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Crystal Lewis
13:14 Jul 26, 2021

Very sweet. :)

Reply

Muffin Hill
13:48 Jul 26, 2021

Thank you man.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.