My story is titled: "So what's the catch", arresting a Gold smuggler."

Written in response to: Write a story that starts with the line “So, what’s the catch?”... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is titled: "So what's the catch" arresting a Gold smuggler.


Once upon a time,the great leader Kwame Nkrumah and the Police helped in arresting a Gold smuggler by name Mr. Tulasi ,but more importantly he was the leader of the gang of thieves.


Mr. Victor Somebody told the Commissioner of Police and then instructed him to take the Ivory to America as Mr. Smith had always asked him to do.

Also with the gold inside.? asked James Brown. Yes, replied his brother , with the Gold inside.

However, he then told them all about their interview with the Commissioner of Police within Accra.

Also a detective had quickly traced the carver who made the Ivory.

It then appeared that he had made a number of elephant Ivory for Mr. Smith to the same pattern by then.

Again the Commissioner of Police was exactly certain that the gold were put in the Ivory by Mr. Smith in the same pattern with the trunk easily removable.

It was noted that the Commissioner of Police was however certain that the gold were put in the Ivory by Mr. Smith ,but he had no proof of this entirely.


However ,it was only the Police and Victor Somebody family who knew that the gold had been discovered in the Ivory through investigations.

Again Mr. Smith did not actually know and therefore could not warn his friends and other accomplice in America not to collect the gold in the Ivory.


In addition ,Does Mr. James Brown also know that there was gold in the Ivory.? asked Victor Somebody.

The Commissioner thinks so said his father. He thinks Mr. Smith was probably the Head of a large group of people who often smuggle gold from West Africa to America.

How can they possibly arrest him.?asked Victor eagerly.

Well said Mr. Victor Somebody, the Chief of the Police Department in America knows all about such cases.

The Police in Kumasi sent him a cable that was written in a code which only the Police can possibly read.

Whenever I get to America the Police and other Custom officers will be waiting for me possibly so I have to find all sorts of ways and means to escape them.

Again they will see to it that the crate containing the Ivory and the gold goes unopened through the Customs officers.

Also, Victoria mentioned and asked that this will be exciting. What actually happens when he gets to America.?

Immediately the Gold smuggler Mr. Tulasi mentioned that when he gets to the Hotel in America,he is to telephone or call the Scotland yard mentioned his father.

Scotland Yard said Deborah ,Why that imight be possibly the headquarters of the American Police. Yes that was right replied Mr. Smith and so when Mr. James Brown comes to arrest him to put him in prison due to the fact that he was smuggling gold by then.

Also Mr. Smith.? Victoria wanted to know what actually happens to him

because he was one of the brave men and an accomplice in the smuggling gold deal in America.

Mr. Smith boarded an Aeroplane then he flew to America a land of opportunities and plenty, mentioned his father.

Oh,no ! He got away! exclaimed Victor.

No, possibly said the Superintendent of Police Arnold, he won't get away with such theft issues of gold smuggling.

We also knew that he had possibly booked a return flight within two weeks time,just the time that your father is due to arrive in America. Again,others mentioned that they don't want the Gold smuggler to be arrested in America , because Mr. Smith would certainly hear about such issues.


Of course! said Julia, he wouldn't come to the Hotel for the Ivory which has the gold inside.

That might be right, mentioned the Superintendent of Police Arnold.

Well your father sails tomorrow to another country.

He will get to America in three months and he will go to New Jersey or Michigan by train or horse back.


Later ,he will accommodate himself in a Hotel for about three weeks ,then Mr. Smith will call or telephone him during that night or early next week.

He will be in eager to get his Ivory as soon as possible.

Yes, concluded the Superintendent of Police Arnold by name we should know in a fortnight what actually happens entirely.


Finally, when the Gold smuggler had a well done deal in America he sold all the gold in the Ivory together with the Ivory for one million dollars.

However, it was left with the exception of one Ivory with some gold inside which weren't bought.

Also before the Gold smuggler was about to board his flight back to West Africa he was caught by Arnold and the Police force. Mr. Tulasi ,the Gold smuggler who was master in kung fu fought with Arnold who was master in karate for about an hour.

They both got themselves injured , the aftermath of the brutal fight got Mr. Tulasi injured and weak that he had to find some ways and means to run away from the Police.

As can be noted his escape resulted in him visiting a nearby hospital to buy medicine and to be looked after for a day. During this period nobody knew about the whereabout of Mr. Tulasi the Gold smuggler.

Also rumours has it that his photograph was brought on television and the newspaper as the most notorious criminal and gold smuggler and anyone who knows his whereabout should inform the Police in America for a reward. Another man by name Kwame Nkrumah also made a report and gave information about the whereabout of the Gold smuggler Mr. Tulasi he was a Flight Attendant at the Airport and works with the Cabin Crew Department.

Due to this when Mr. Tulasi the Gold smuggler got to the Airport to board a return flight to West Africa the customer service made a report to Arnold and the Police force in America and they came secretly to arrest the Gold smuggler due to the fact that they suspected a theft case of smuggling of gold to America.

Arnold and the Police then investigated and got to know that the young man was smuggling gold to America and he was done with his deal so they arrested him and kept him in custody.


In conclusion, Arnold and the Police force filed a lawsuit against the Gold smuggler Mr. Tulasi and then arrested him into prison in America because it was a foreign theft case , the Gold smuggler was sentenced to ten years imprisonment with hard labour by the court in America.

March 10, 2023 06:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.