Red Shoe Society Scandle

Submitted into Contest #55 in response to: Write a story about a meeting of a secret society.... view prompt

2 comments

Mystery

 

The Red Shoe Society Scandal

 

Book by:

Alyssa Grimmett

 

 

 

It all started out with someone stealing my red high heels. I never thought much about it though, since they weren’t expensive, and I got them at a thrift shop.

 

It was still scary at the moment since I had my doors locked. Who

would have thought it could lead up to someone abducting me?

 

 

Friday June 22, 1990;

 

 

It was a quiet little afternoon and I was going to lock up my

shop since there wasn’t really any customers. Just as I'm about to lock up, my assistant, and best friend Amanda stops me, and starts talking. “Hey girl! I was wondering what I’m supposed to do with this cookie batter.”

 

This confused me since we own a pet adoption center, so I just

stood there, confused.

 

“What cookie batter?” I asked. “The batter for the

inspector tomorrow.” Amanda gradually reminded me.

 

My mind was not processing any

words, so I just responded with “Okay."

 

“You’re tired” Amanda said. “I’ll lock up the shop, and you go home and get some rest.” It was in the evening when the sun was

just settling in its little corner of the sky, and it was getting dark. I wasn’t about to leave her there! "I don't know Amanda." I say.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine!"

 

 

“Are you sure? What if something happens and you

can’t lock up, or if you get hurt and...” Amanda stopped me in the middle of my sentence. “It’s a one in a million chance, Miranda! Now go get you some rest!”

 

 

 

I had been so tired from not having any sleep since

the breaking in and running the shop that I finally just gave in and said okay.

 

“Bye Amanda! Bye Bailey!” Bailey was my other assistant.

 

 

When I finally get home, I jump in the shower, and just stand there for a half an hour after I bathe. I turn off the shower and step out drying off and after that putting on my clothes.

 

As I lay down, I drift off into a deep sleep that I didn’t think anyone could wake me up from.

 

 

(I hear footsteps. Little ones, not that big. I hear a sound

and as I turn

around someone grabs me by my arm and jerks me

up hurting my arm, and everything connected to

it. They take their arm and start to choke me.)

 

I wake up, gasping for breath. I glance over the room, then look at the clock. I realize I've had one of the worst nightmares of my life.

 

I hurriedly leave my bed and walk to the door of my

room. I quickly open the door and head to the bathroom to splash cool water on my face. I remind myself that

I am alone, with nothing to worry about.

I start having second thoughts. What if I wasn’t alone?! I

hesitantly went back to my bed and just as I close my eyes, I heard a sound. I found myself being fearful to open my eyes, but I knew I had to. As I slowly open my eyes thinking it may be my imagination, I found it hard to breathe.

 

 

 

I sit up quickly and look around my room. My

window is half cracked! What if my imagination isn’t

playing a trick on me? What if I am not actually alone?!

 

 

My heart begins to race, my windows were closed

before I went to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Monday June 25, 1990;

 

 

Amanda is already sitting on the benches out front when I get to the store, drinking what looked to be coffee, or hot chocolate. I also had a cup of coffee, only because I had no hot chocolate in my house. I prefer to have hot chocolate but had no packets to make any.

 

 

“Well hey there, look who finally decided to show up!” Amanda says in a tone between

joyous and joking.

 

“Very funny.” I say as I unlock the store. Two, or three

long hours pass by as we wait for the inspector to come. Finally,

we hear a rap-a-tap tapping on the door. The inspector was here!

 

 

We talk to him, eat cookies, and answer all his questions. Within thirty minutes he’s gone, and we resume our day like any other.

 

 

 

 

It’s another evening. I told Amanda, and Bailey to leave early since I had already cleaned up. I close the shop and head to my car. As I drive, I think about Friday night. I can’t stop thinking about it.

 

 

 

As I pull up to the driveway, I have a

churning feeling in my stomach. I quickly made my way to the door, and slipped my way inside, firmly closing the door behind me.

 

Relieved nothing bad happened I make my way to my room, closing the blinds and slipping on my pajamas. I turn off the lights and climb into my ginormous bed.

 

As I start to drift off, I hear breaking glass. I rush to the source of the noise in my living room only to see a big rock with my red high heels attached with duct tape.

 

 

I clean up the glass and start to my bedroom to get my phone to call the police. As I reach my phone and start to dial nine-one-one I heard boards in the hall creaking. I quickly press the call button but as I do someone puts a wet nasty smelling cloth on my face and I collapse on the floor.

 

I hear the person tell the nine-one-one operator that it was his

kids pulling a prank, and that he was sorry, and it wouldn’t happen again.

 

As I drifted off into a duress sleep, I knew I was in trouble.

 

I woke up gagged and tied to a chair in a room with

pairs of red high heels piled top to bottom, and two men standing in the back of the room whispering about something.

 

 

I wanted to scream, I even thought about screaming for a short period of time wondering if anyone would hear me. I then thought about all the movies I'd watched about things like this. Main rules were don’t scream, do what they tell you, and try to escape, obviously.

 

 

As I'm reminiscing my thoughts two more men come in followed by a third one. I realized then it was the salesmen that sold me my red high heels.

 

 

“Well what have we here?” The salesmen said. “A reckless woman thinking she could rule the world, even though men are obviously the real rulers? We will make you women bow down to us."

 

I then realized I was a part of an elaborate scheme. A scheme to

make all women bow down to men.

 

I replied “No. Not yet.”

 

His facial expressions were shocked.

He pulls all his men out of the room to talk to them.

 

This is my time to try to escape. A thought pops to my

head. I have a hair clip on my hair that’s as sharp as a knife.

 

I shake my head as hard as I can until my hair-clip falls to the floor. I flip the chair over and grab it practically sawing the ropes off my hands.

 

I sit the chair up and tie the rope in an easier way to get loose,

and just in time too. They start their way through the door.

 

 

“I hope you don’t have any plans anytime soon!”

The man says. (Don’t worry you’re the one going somewhere. Like to

prison when I escape!) The whole

time he’s there that’s all I can think about.

 

“I’m leaving. Who’s with me?” All the other

men gather around the man after he says that, and they all walk out.

 

 

 

I untie the ropes, then the gag. I make my way

towards the door and look around seeing if they were gone. They were. I see a set of stairs I run towards them and up them. I see

the exit!

 

 

I run towards the exit and out the door. The good thing is the place they were keeping me was only four miles away from where I lived, so I ran.

 

 

Home. I see it. I run towards the door and unlock it. I go to my bedroom. My phone! It’s still there! I grab it and call nine-one-one. I tell them the location and they go and arrest them. I’m finally relieved.

 

 

You may have heard of the red hat society. This is the red shoe society scandal.

 

 

August 16, 2020 19:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

ALYSSA GRIMMETT
20:19 Aug 16, 2020

Well, No one has read it yet, so i know im not going to win

Reply

Show 0 replies
ALYSSA GRIMMETT
19:25 Aug 16, 2020

Hope you guys liked it! (If anyone even read it.) :) (:

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.