0 comments

Fiction Fantasy Science Fiction

This is going to sound cliche, but it was for really just a normal day. I woke up around six to sevenish. Made breakfast, brushed my teeth, and blah blah blah.. But right as I got to work, I felt my phone buzzing. But I didn’t have my phone on silent. So of course I didn’t check it, because I thought it would stop. And it did… but then ten minutes later, it started again. But again I couldn’t check, I was right in the middle of a call on my work phone. And this keeps happening for around thirty minutes. I was so irritated, I just went ahead and checked. And my phone had a virtual smiley face on it, but the eyes and mouth were closed. I could get away from that screen. I restarted, and powered off my phone, but it still had that face. It doesn’t look like any of my apps. I was panicking thinking it was a virus. Just until, the eyes open. It looked like the face just woke up from a nap. “Hello Chloe,” my phone said with the lips perfectly aligned. I didn’t do anything, I guess because of shock or something. And it talked again, “hey, Chloe you o-” I didn’t even let the sentence end before I powered it off. I don’t know what I should do with this. I can’t throw it away, it has all my clients info on it. And I can’t take it to repair, I have a whole bunch of work to do. Then my work phone started ringing. Me thinking some stalker is going to say, I see you, in some creepy voice. But I had to answer, I was getting a call from a big investor today.  I just held my breath, and put the phone to my ear. “Hello,” it’s the same voice from my phone. I quickly hung up, got all my stuff together and ready to take the rest of the day off.  I didn’t care about the work I had to do. I didn’t even care if I got fired. My boss will probably call, I'll just say I got under the weather. While on my way out I totally forgot my phone. Or my body just didn’t want me to get it. I don’t want to get it. I got home, took probably the longest shower ever. Me too scared to use any electronical device, I was even too scared to use my stove top. I plumped on my couch, raped myself in a blanket. And just sat there. Who knows for how long, but I just sat. I soon fell asleep, I really never remember my dreams. But this one had a feeling of vulnerability. Like someone who looking straight through me but instead looking at all my insecurities. But sooner or later, I heard a knock on my door. A tiny little knock, me just thinking I was dreaming. But then it kept going. I got up, walked to the door. I still kept the deadbolt in. Stalkers are really people, be scared of them. But anyways I opened the door, and to my surprise I didn’t see anything. Right as I was about to close the door, I heard that menacing voice, “hi there chloe.” I looked down and saw my phone, but it looked like it came straight out of a comic. With little electric arms and legs. I think I passed out, but of course I don’t remember that part. But when I woke up my door was locked, and I was no longer on the floor, but in my bed. And it smelled like my mom’s famous tomato soup. But she has been dead for years. There was someone in my house! Me getting the gun from under my bed. I have a gun because this world is scary. I didn’t see anything, but a bowl of soup on the counter. When I was walking up to the counter, I heard snoring. In shock I accidentally slipped the soup, and broke my bowl. And it was my favorite bowl, my mom made it. The snoring stopped, and something fell off the couch. I didn’t hear any footsteps after though. Me drifting over to the couch as quiet as I possibly could. It was my phone…  Laying on the floor, looking dead. I didn’t think it could possibly run out of battery. Me being the curios adult I am, I plugged the phone up to charge. On end for hours while it charged. Waiting to see what would happen, now that I have assessed the situation. I heard a quick, and quiet ding. I quickly turned around, and saw the face fade onto the screen. “Hello,” I say, a little shaken.  The phone’s little cartoon legs and arms plopped out, and they looked like little waves of electricity. “Why are you hiding?” I didn’t even realise that, I was cowording behind the couch. “Umm it’s cumfy, I guess?” I say a quiet and timed, “what are you..” “I am your phone,” it said confused, “can’t you tell, you had me for years.” “Bu- But,” “But I have my own personality now?” The phone said, “that doesn’t mean I am scary. I even made you soup, wait where did the soup go?” “Um, I broke it… But how are you talking and moving,” I say baffled. “I don’t know,” it says confidently. “But all I know is that it all started this morning...” All I remember is is getting bounced around. Also getting hit in the face, with something, I think some lipstick. I tried to make it stop, but the only thing I could do was buzz. I tried so hard, the next thing I know is that you are picking me up. And when I said hi, everything went black. And then when I woke up I was all alone on your desk. That’s when I got my arms and legs things. And I used maps to get back home. “And the rest you remember, right,” the phone said? “Yeah,” I said a little , “so you are just my old phone, but now alive..?” “Yep,” the phone said cheerfully. I don’t know why but I kind of like it. I don’t know why but it seems like I already knew this ‘new personality.’ It could become really helpful. It can obviously cook, manage the apps in the software. It could be my little handy helper… “Ok, I have made up my mind about you,” I say in confidence. The phone made this cute, excited dance. “I will let you stay-” ”Yay,” the phone screamed in excitement. “But,” I paused. “You need a name…” “I do,” the phone still has a cheery attitude, “I like Abi…”

February 22, 2021 18:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.