0 comments

Urban Fantasy Thriller Teens & Young Adult

The last time I came to my grandfather's house, I was in a pretty bad place. I was sent there to be locked in the basement to avoid any penalties on my family after my first transformation. I ran semi-transformed on the streets of my city, but no one saw me, except for a vampire, who snitched to my pack.


I was forced to stay in the cell for 2 lunar cycles, 58 days plus the one where I was let loose in my city. The worst was the two full moons. While I was there I had a fever every day. But the 2 full transformations on the full moons were the worst. My bones broke into several pieces to rearrange to new forms, hair grew everywhere. Then the day came, and the fever was so high I thought I would die. I almost did. The second fever was 107° F, while the first was 104° F. 


I barely ate there since the housekeeper gave me food once a day, which was weird considering that I was passing through a huge transformation. When I told my grandfather, who lived in the city, about that, he ordered the lock of the basement, which by then had caused several deaths.


I entered there a 13-year-old girl and left a 14-year-old boy. While there I realized who I was. Guess the awful transformation does this to you. I lost my birthday and the opportunity to celebrate with my friends, both from the pack and outside.


Now I came back here, at 28 after my grandfather passed away. The elders are asking for me to check if the transformation of the manor into a training facility is possible. We are getting ready for war after 2 years ago, a vampire announced all of our existence to the world.


Several laws of regulation and registration are about to be approved which will make our lives very difficult. One that has a slim chance of passing removes our citizenship. There are more and more werewolves, vampires, and witches killed every day. I wish I could escape to Canada, where the laws were more lenient, but I'm the son of the pack leader, my mother, she is the daughter of the pack leader, and he was the son of the pack leader.


It was a bright day, but the mansion was covered in shadows. Probably the ghosts of all the children that died here. I entered the place and I'm greeted by a sense of emptiness. My mother warned me that all the employees of the house had left, except for the housekeeper and the butler.


I entered and all I felt was a sense of emptiness and grieving. I got to the ballroom and it looked like night, despite the navy blue curtains being open where the light of the day was supposed to be let in. The chandeliers were lit, casting moving shadows on the floor. At the end of the room, there was a piano on an elevated platform covered in a white cloth. I got there, removed it, and plucked a few notes when I got interrupted by the housekeeper, Madam Leyne coming from a passageway on the wall.


"Miss Lovell, what a pleasant visit. I wasn't expecting or I would tell the cook to make something." Is this bitch serious? I have a beard!


"It's Mister Lovell, and of course you were since I talked to you yesterday. Also, there is no cook. There hasn't been one in one year." I slowly got down and approached her. That's when I see the vampire butler Simon, coming with his red hair to approach me without me realizing it. Dumbass.


When he got closer, I got semi-transformed and picked the wooden stake that I had in my boots and pinned him down. I knew Leyne was going to try something stupid so I called the neighbor town police, which was a different pack town. They were our allies.


She moved in my back I turned and saw a silver spear. I gave a howl and all the shadows took the room and it blacked out, and she fell, but unluckily she didn't fell on the spear.


"Condemned, stop" A voice echoed in the room. I looked at the voice and it was a mid-20s woman with a purple pointed hat, a purple dress, and thigh-high boots. Great, an exorcist witch. She looked like a baroque painting, with light around on her, and the complete darkness around her. I notice that I was probably in the same situation.


Behind her, 6 police officers stormed the room. They grabbed Leyne and Simon. The shadows dimmed and she approached me.


"You control them? And can transform midday?" She was acting a little wary to come closer, and then I noticed I was still transformed. I got back and she approached.


"Kinda, I think. I just used an assemble calling. And only semi-transformed. Full only at night. I'm Marcus Lovell, and you are?" I extended my hands, but she bowed.


"Your Highness. I'm Lila Jones from The Witches of Revolution at your service." Great. That means that we are not even gonna try the peaceful approach.


"Magic always comes with a price. What is the one of your coven?" After I said that the shadows moved in a specific direction. I again semi-transformed and went there.


A young man in teal formal wear appeared out of thin air. A Furcifer, a creature that could hide its presence from even the greatest tracker. I wasn't expecting them to leave their all high and might homes to actually fight other than to boss lesser werewolves and vampires. This means that they are scared of losing all their money. The Reptilians were real after all.


"And what is your price? The bourgeoise cut the heads of the kings in France, so I'm sorry if I'm not too excited to see you." Whatever my mom's arrangement was, we may don't need a peaceful solution after all.


"Just freedom I guess. And don't worry about your pretty head. It will remain for a long time. Now, despite them being serviceable, they need peace." I agreed with him.


A slow process started. Lila needed our energy to help release them. 8 hours later, it was complete. I escorted them to the basement, which was completely free. All of those children's souls finally in peace.


"Now to war, I guess." They nodded. The next day construction teams came to construct the camp and renovate the manor. The war is coming and we need to be prepared.

May 08, 2021 03:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.