0 comments

Horror Speculative Fantasy

This was supposed to be the happiest day of their lives. Twin sisters Sally and Samantha were going to Fun Land.

It was a 3 hour drive to Fun Land. Sally could be patient as she drew picture after picture in her old battered sketchbook, but Samantha was impatient and restless.

"How much more time till we get there?" moaned Samantha. They had been driving for nearly an hour already.

"Two hours," said Dad, who was behind the wheel, "Be patient. Sit back and read your book."

"But I'll get carsick!"

"We're not on a twisty road," said Sally, looking up from her drawing, "You can read."

Samantha groaned and looked out the window. The interstate was so boring. Nothing to look at but the drab plains of New Mexico.

Then there was a jolt in their little car. "What was that?" gasped Mom.

"I dunno," mumbled Sally.

The whole family was tense. "This is weird," mumbled Samantha.

Another jolt. "What's going on?" said Dad.

They were on the interstate, so there was no place to pull over and check what was wrong with the car. But to their luck, a rest stop came into sight.

"We're saved!" exclaimed Sally as Dad drove into the rest stop.

Everyone got out of the car. Dad opened up the hood of the car.

"What's wrong with it?" asked Samantha.

"It looks perfectly fine..." said Dad.

Minutes passed. Then there was another jolt.

"There it is again!" exclaimed Sally.

"But it doesn't seem to be coming from the car..." said Mom.

Mom was right. The jolt seemed to be coming from...they didn't know.

"Let's get the heck outta here!" exclaimed Dad.

The family piled into the car and got back onto the interstate faster than you could say, "creepy..."

The car kept on jolting, more and more frequently. Then it dissolved into a rumble.

"There is definitely something wrong with this car!" exclaimed Dad.

Twenty minutes later, they came into a town. Dad drove right up to the first mechanic shop they saw.

"Please," gasped Dad at the mechanic guy, "Our car has been jolting for the last twenty minutes. I think there's something terribly wrong with it."

After Dad paid him, the mechanic guy got to work. But he barely inspected the car for five minutes before he ran away screaming.

"There goes my fifty bucks," mumbled Dad angrily.

"But what's with the car?" said Samantha.

Mom and Dad had enough courage to look under the car and see what the mechanic had seen. They both looked pretty shocked.

"Something is taking over our car," mumbled Mom.

"What? What?" exclaimed Sally anxiously.

The car became surrounded with an eerie glow. Then it rose right into the air!

"AAAAHHH!!!" screamed the whole family.

But that was only the beginning. The headlights started looking like demonic eyes, and the car started to...speak?

"I am Nofun, demon of family road trips," said the car, "And you are dead."

"AAAAAAAHHHH!!!" screamed the family even louder. Then they sprinted away faster than you could say "possessed car."

The family ran out of the mechanic shop and down the road. They probably didn't care where the heck they were going. They just wanted to get away from the possessed car.

Soon they were all nestled under a tree in a park. "Omg, our car got possessed by a demon!" exclaimed Samantha.

"What is this, a horror movie?!" exclaimed Dad.

Then they saw the car coming towards them. "Yes, it is a horror movie!"

"Really?" said Sally.

"No," said the demon car, "But that doesn't really matter, since I'm going to destroy you now."

"AAAAHHH!!!" screamed the family once again.

The car started shooting lasers out of its headlights! "AAAHHH!!" screamed the family as they ran away.

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!" screamed Dad as the sprinted away from the car.

"FORGET THAT, IT'S HORRIFYING!!!" screamed Mom.

The car continued shooting lasers, until one finally hit Dad! "DAD!" exclaimed Sally.

The car slowly came towards Dad, who lay paralyzed on the ground. "I've got you now!" it bellowed.

"Run," gasped Dad right before he was devoured by the possessed car.

"NOOO!!!" screamed the 3 girls who were left.

"Now that I got your oh-so-precious-dad, it's YOUR turn!" bellowed the car.

"AAAAAHH!!!" screamed the girls, running away once again.

They ran right past a family with parents, a six-year-old boy, and a baby. When they saw the car, they were horrified.

"Aha! More families to devour!" said the car.

The family screamed, and the car started devouring them, starting with the dad and ending with the baby.

Meanwhile, the girls and Mom were behind a tree, a hundred yards away.

"Let's keep running," whispered Samantha.

"No, we need to catch our breath," whispered Sally.

"We've been running for...nearly ten minutes straight since our car got possessed!" whispered Mom.

Then there was a crash. The demon car was on their trail again!

"I'll get you!" bellowed the car, "I, Nofun, will kill all the fun!!!"

Then they decided to do something else besides just running across the park. They climbed up a tall maple tree.

Turns out, the possessed car could fly. But that wasn't really a surprise. The car had been floating an inch above the ground the whole time it was chasing them.

But before the car could shoot lasers out of its eyes, Samantha hit its windshield with a stick.

"You really think that could defeat me?" bellowed the car, "I am Nofun, and I will not be killed by a tree branch!"

"O...kay..." said Sally.

The car started shooting lasers out of its headlights again. This was worse than last time. They were stuck in the tree.

Then a laser hit Mom! "No! Mom!" cried Sally and Samantha simultaneously.

"HAW HAW!" laughed the car evilly, "I have another one!"

"NOOO!!!" cried Sally and Samantha.

After the car devoured Mom, Sally and Samantha jumped out of the tree. Their ankles were probably broken, but that didn't matter. The car was going to eat one of them next!

"I'll get you kids!" bellowed the car, "Then I will rule the ENTIRE world!"

"What? I thought you just wanted to eat us," said Sally.

"Yeah, I changed my plans," said the car, "ANYWAY! You kids are toast."

By then it was too late.

November 17, 2020 19:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.