General:Come with us two burly men in gray suits say , grabbing you by the arm and handcuffing you. You know what you do , But you have no idea.

Submitted into Contest #52 in response to: "Come with us,” two burly men in gray suits say, grabbing you by the arm and handcuffing you. “You know what you did.” But you have no idea.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Weekly Writing Prompts:


Prince De-Grant Brempong

Tel.0575086991

Email:princedegrant32@gmail.com

Email:princedegrant37@gmail.com


Come with us two burly men in gray suit say grabbing you by the arm and handcuffing you.

You know what you did ,But you have no idea.


My story is entitled Samuel the Detective. This story is based on story of a Police Officer called Samuel who by the help of his two burly men in gray suit helped in arresting me and grabbing me by his arm and handcuffing me claiming I was a very dangerous criminal and a cocoa thief.


I knew what I did but on the alleged case of them calling me a dangerous criminal and a cocoa thief is not true and a liar.

I made mention to the Police officer that in Biblical terms there is a saying that says Let God be true and every man a liar.

Samuel was a Police Officer who could easily detect things even in the dark.

In arresting me,other Police officers were not all that happy about the issue because they thought it was a civil case. They also thought that was a woman"s instinct that made my wife make her own investigation about the alleged case.


However, this was right since the Police must have proof before arresting me on the alleged case.

The Police Officer thought I was small and ugly my eyes was sort of evil . Samuel the Police Officer smoked his pipe along side his investigation about the alleged case.

Samuel and the two burly men wearing suit who were also Police Officers took me to the Police barracks.

Secretly, the Police officers looked me up in the barracks for the alleged case, despite my reputation.

I had no other alternative but to sit quietly at the Police barracks where I was locked up.


In the Police barracks, I realised that it took a long time for the return of Samuel the Police Officer ,that I got angry and slept without food ,I was being starved. The night at the Police barracks was full of strange noises because there were Police officers and other Prisoners around who were held in custody in prisons.

Samuel commented that with gun and knife and skills in gun shots he does not fear in arresting criminals.

Also news travelled very fast in the Police barracks since they all had mobile phones and a walking talker.

The Police commented that watching these criminals shouting was quiet alarming to then.


Samuel the Police Officer commented that anytime the criminals and Prisoners are shouting , he warns them to keep silent but yet still they keep on disturbing on top of their voices wth all sorts of screams of some sort.

Also when Samuel , the Police Officer uses his gun shot skills to solve problems he will be charged with an attempted murder if any of those prisoners should die and he will face trials from the court.

My wife was still worried and was carrying on her own investigation with another Police Station. My wife also had her lawyer and her Police Officer called Kosovo.


As according to Samuel the Police officer he mentioned that the Cocoa store was locked but they realised that some items were stolen .

Samuel commented that I might be stealing cocoa from from the back of the store and selling it to the front at an expensive price .

The Police officer , Samuel got to know that a few bags of. cocoa was missing in the store room .

Samuel mentioned that I have been climbing on top of the cocoa bags and stealing which was not true.

The fact that I was a mere exporter of cocoa does not mean that I have been stealing cocoa . I only buy cocoa and export abroad to the United States of America and the United Kingdom, for it to be processed into chocolate so that I will gain foreign exchange.

Mr. Yoruba was very angry on realising that his cocoa was missing , he thought it was me stealing his cocoa since I do consume a lot of cocoa and send some overseas for export.


Since working with Mr. Yoruba , I have not bought bags of cocoa on credit from him before neither had I stolen any of his cocoa .

Also receipts of cocoa bought from Mr. Yoruba was being kept by me in an envelope.

Also when I was taken to the Police barracks , I sustained severe injuries because they thought I was a criminal of some sort.


Later when my wife brought in her Lawyer and the Police Officer Kosovo to the Police Station , Samuel the Detective was asking for a bail of ten thousand dollars before he will release me.


Howevet. my wife had no other alternative but to make the case a court case since the Lawyer was available for the hearing. My wife also knew that the Police Officer Samuel was trying to extort money from me through bail since I was an exporter.

When the issue was taken to the court

I proved not guilty for stealing cocoa as an alleged crime.


The Judge commented that he could not charge me for stealing cocoa but it was Mr. Yoruba's son, the Accountant who have been stealing his fathers cocoa.

Also investigation by Kosovo the other Police officer proved that it was Mr. Yoruba son who had been stealing cocoa evidence was proven through the help of CCTV cameras.

We also realised that there were cocoa bags in Mr. Yoruba's son room where we were not having receipts of some proven purchase and it was an offence.


It was Mr. Yoruba son , Cyril who was proven guilty of the offence of stealing cocoa. Also he was to be sent to the Police barracks for the alleged case, when questioned by the Police he talked with them in a ill mannered way.

Also Samuel the Detective had to loose his job because he did not carry on his work well.

He was asked to apologize to my family for all the troubles and also to pay me for a sun of five thousand dollars compensation for all the injuries I sustained at the barracks , because he did not do his investigations well.


Finally Samuel lost his job as a Police Officer and could only pay me half of. my compensation as alleged by the court.

Samuel was taken into Prison until he finishes paying the compensation he was asked to pay.

The issue was quiet alarming as to the fact that a Police Officer like Samuel was sent to Prison over the alleged case of he not paying my compensation.


The Judge saw Samuel the Police officer as an an accomplice who easily accepts bribed and arrests innocent business men destroying their reputation.


After the alleged case, I had to stop buying cocoa from Mr. Yoruba .

Also due to circumstances I had to search for another vendor where I could easily buy cocoa from and export without cases of theft whatsoever.


As I engaged in exporting cocoa with my new vendor to the United States of America and the United Kingdom life became perfect with my fingers crossed during my leisure time.

July 30, 2020 14:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.