Jadie the lonely soul

Submitted into Contest #83 in response to: Write a fantasy story about water gods or spirits.... view prompt

1 comment

Bedtime

As night rise coldness indulge itself into the murk making it thicker and harder to breathe but at least not for Jadie who had already survived in the fierce dilemma of this world with a spear ripping her heart she will always continue her journey until the every drop of her blood will drain out of her scars but which journey? what sort of avenue? as soon as she had decided to become wayfarer of her parent’s mended path she had found herself lost. The footprints she was following faded away as the shoulders supporting her were no more there. those lips always curled into a sonorous smile that ignited jewels into her heart was just an arc, those mangata’s entangled in their eyes were no more there , just vacant blueish yellow eyeballs, those warm calloused hands always ready to hold her’s were cold and Gray when she last saw her beloved ones. how can she forget the look on the corpses’ face. even though she knew they know more existed a teeny bit of fragment in empty vessel of her soul hoped to see them again and that hope had dragged her to sneak out of orphanage in the dead of night.

Her limbs numb with cold and fear making her wonder will they even cooperate for a few more seconds. she was on the ground now, lack of energy had made her crawl like a writhing centipede with no legs, her ears could hear the distant hauls of wolves jamming blood in her veins. she looked back and forth with a little hope fluttering in her eyes. indignation rose letting the tears behind the bars to trickle down her cheeks desperate for a brush of hands she once used to get. after all that struggle she dropped her head down waiting for death to come, not even flinching as the blades of grass cut her skin and crawling bodies Nestled in her hair. she could smell the love , feel the smooth texture of cherry blossoms as her father will hand her because of her will and his desire to see her young daughter overwhelmed with felicity.

Her vision went dark and she got lost in the maze of her brain…………. she was losing track of time and that frustration made her open up her Oceanic blue eyes again. she had never been able to see the night Sky before what a waste of life!! crystal clear dark, prominent treetops and smooth glassy black Sky holding up millions of galaxies, stars and moon perched on clouds even with their negligible size twinkling stars proved their existence not by becoming an empty whole but by scattering their light into the dark, illuminating their selves from the moon. Stars masterfully curved into magnificent constellations leaving her stunned. “ these stars reflected the same light the ones sparkling from my Mama Papa’s eyes” she muttered under her breath.

 she stood up and headed to the graves.

“ one step more” she told herself and dropped on the wet mud of their graves and All in all the tears she was holding back rushed down and she fell asleep drawn back to her memories, feeling as though she was curled on her mama’s lap gibbering “do you even know how much I missed you”

.

.

The world looked prettier than it ever did and Jadid could not save herself from drowning in kalopsi. Niran beauty of the Sky above her head and below, the same place where she had left unconsciousness but she was not alone any more someone was sitting beside her. Someone else was holding her hand, fragile, warm and delicate grip. she looked up, Golden cheekbones, sparkling oceanic eyes and serene smile

“ you’ve grown into a beautiful girl”

A tear rolled down jadie’s cheeks .

“..Ma..ma.. is it really you?” she asked poking her in ribs and she chuckled.

“ why don’t you say something to daddy?”

Jadis turned and was amazed to see him the same sturdy Body, sharp jaw line and close cropped hair.

“ look what have I brought for you” He said and she opened his hands like an excited kid about to get a treat.

“ Oh.. my ..goodness Cherry blossoms… in winter …but how??

“ I can do anything for my child and i knew it was your birthday today! Though i could not get you a gift but i believe these will do"” he replied holding her hands

"No..it's ok and i loved even that somebody remembers my birthday even when i had forgotten..

Can i ask something"

"Ofcourse"

“ and why did you left me alone?” she asked looking straight into his eyes “ why don't you take me with you as well. they say heaven’s really..”

 before she could finish her sentence put a finger to her lips.

“ look.. there! can you see them.” He asked her pointing behind her

“ where?” but her question dissolved into thin air when she saw a dozen, hundred thousands of souls lurking in the dark, shadowing over their own graves.

“ can you see them. They are striving really hard to come back, trying to forget the regret of wasting their life. what would you prefer dear a whole vast world to wander or a luxurious building?”

“do you have any regrets too daddy?”

“ not dear because I have made you smile but I will if you won’t cherish your life”

“it’s OK dad. I will “

she muttered wiping tears off his cheeks and she hugged both of them tightly. Tight with the fear of not losing them again.

.

.

.

 disturbing noise of crows woke her up. Forcing her to crash into reality once again. wiping mud off her face she said “oops I forgot these were just graves.. but no.. wonder I still remember the warmth of that hug…”.l

.

.

.

 she stood up and was about to leave when she knocked into something big and really sturdy. after catching full sight of it her jaw dropped.” But.. I… I.. don’t remember this cherry blossom was not here before…” her voice cracked as wind rushed gently brushing against her face making her believe it was a hi from her parents.

“ I was wrong with requesting people for coup de grace regarding me.”

March 04, 2021 15:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Praise Abraham
13:13 Mar 12, 2021

Hello Marishka!😁 I'm from the critique circle. I must commend your descriptive skill. You know how to draw in the five senses of the reader.😃 Nevertheless, you have to be mindful of capitalization, especially When you want to start a new sentence, dialogue or a proper noun. Go over again, edit, prune, add, and this story will come out much better. Kindly check out my story on this same prompt, "Battle Under the Sea." Wishing you a wonderful reedsy writing journey. God bless. 💖💖💖

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.