4 comments

General

To:- gryffindorgal1990@hotmail.com

From:- queenraina345@gmail.com Tues Mar 23 2020, 13:15

What You Doing?

Hey Rachel, I am so freaking bored. If only this virus hadn't come to the town, then we could have gone for shopping or watch a movie. I am so bored out of my mind. Mom is making me do nearly all the house chores and now I am even sick of doing laundry, sweeping the floors, dusting and blah blah blah. Oh, and now she is teaching me how to cook and bake. Today, I am going to bake a chocolate cake. Yeah, so I hope it will turn out all right and I wish I can share a piece with you! Anyway, since we are not supposed to go out, I thought I should send you an email. Are we even allowed to go outside? Mom says if I am going outside, I should wear a mask. She thinks the virus is floating around in the air.

Love,

Samira

To:- queenraina345@gmail.com

From:- gryffindorgal1990@hotmail.com Tues Mar 23 2020, 15:09:23

Re. What You Doing?

Hey Sam! So glad to hear from you. Thank God for technology, at least, we are able to talk through email. Anyway, I am also bored out of my mind. Baking sounds fun. Hannah and I baked some sugar cookies. They tastes really good. I wish I could share some with you, but then we are like more than ten blocks away from each other. Anyway, Hannah and I are going to have an early supper soon and probably watch some movie on the Netflix. Have you watched this Korean drama called Boys Over Flowers? They are really good! You should convince your parents to get you Netflix. Maybe, when this pandemic is over, you can come over to my place and we can watch together.

At least you are with your parents. Our parents are busy in the hospital. I haven't seen them in days--Grandma will come and stay with us at night. They are busy tending after all those patients infected by this virus. So I am glad your mother is not letting you go home, otherwise, if there are more victims, my parents would never able to come home.

Anyway, wanna chat on Snapchat soon?

xoxo

Rach

To:- gryffindorgal1990@hotmail.com

From:- queenraina345@gmail.com Tues Mar 23rd 2020 19:30:45

Hey Rach!!

Guess what??? The chocolate cake turned out to be good! I didn't practically burn it (lol) and Mom was proud I was able to bake at least something. Anyway, Dad and Mom are going to watch some Bollywood movie while me and Farhan are going to play some scrabble and do a bit of schoolwork before going to bed.

I am sorry about your parents. I know having doctors in the family must be extremely hard. I really hope and pray that your parents will be safe and healthy amidst the pandemic. I hope you get to see your parents soon. If you were living closer, I could have asked you to come here for a sleepover. Mom would have allowed that. And yes sure, we will always remain indoors and will stay inside safe from the virus.

Anyway, let's chat on Snapchat--in a few minutes?

Love,

Sam

To:- queenraina345@gmail.com

From:- gryffindorgal1990@hotmail.com Tues Mar 23 2020 20:30:19

Heya Sam,

Mom called and said that the pandemic is getting worse and she just saw someone die a few minutes ago. :( :(. She is worried about us and urged us not to go out at all. They said that this pandemic might get worse. I wonder when life will get normal. I wonder when my parents would ever return home from the hospital. Dad looks exhausted and tired. I feel sorry for them but they want to save lives and they believe that is their job. I am proud of them and their service.

Anyway, see you on Snapchat in five? Oh BTW, Jaden called...I'll tell you all about it....

xoxo

Rach

To:- gryffindorgal1990@hotmail.com

From:- queenraina345@gmail.com Tues Mar 23 2020 20:47:19

Jaden called?!?!?!? You should tell me all about it! I am getting bored with the scrabble again. Farhan is cheating and purposefully winning. Urgh, I wish I never had a brother. Seriously, brothers can be a pain in the ass.

Dad just now got a call, one of my cousins, Fatima is tested the virus as positive. Yeah, it is sad. Her parents are all worried and they are all under quarantine. I am not sure how she got the virus--I mean she didn't travel to any of those countries infected by the virus but she is tested positive. My aunt said that so far, her situation is not so serious so hopefully, Fatima will recover soon.

I can imagine what your parents are going through right now. Life of being a doctor must be hard for them. That's why I never wanted to become a doctor. I think lawyer is better than being a doctor--or maybe an investment banker. At least they don't have to work 24 hours on call all the time. Oh, remember how Mom was planning a summer trip to Sri Lanka to visit our relatives? Well, the plans are all cancelled. Even Sri Lankan is affected by the pandemic but fortunately, my grandparents and my aunts and uncles and cousins are not affected. Only Fatima is the one that is affected and she is getting treatment in University Hospital in Cincinnati.

I want to know all about what Jaden said!!! Did he say that he likes you? What did he say?!?!?! Urgh, I am so excited for you!

Love,

Sam

To:- queenraina345@gmail.com

From:-gryffindorgal1990@hotmail.com Tues Mar 23 2020 21:07:19

Hey, I am sorry about Fatima. Hopefully she will be all right soon. I mean if she has mild symptoms she should be fine soon but she also needs to be carefully. Mom told me we should exercise, drink lots of water and if we remain healthy that we might not get the virus. She also said the people who smoke, drink and old age are the ones at risk.

Jaden was also stranded at home--I mean we are all quarantined in our homes right? Well he said that once this is over, he said he will ask me out on a date...I thought I was dreaming when he said that! But he was serious and so we talked, talked and talked. He told me that one of his uncles was living in China when the virus started but he is tested negative for the virus. He is back here now anyway.

Anyway, I'll tell you more about Jaden on Snapchat! Come online girl!

xoxo

Rach



March 26, 2020 15:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Roshna Rusiniya
04:36 Mar 30, 2020

This is such a cute story. I loved it!

Reply

Samadhee Ismail
13:08 Mar 31, 2020

Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Julia Roberts
19:01 Mar 28, 2020

This story is extremely cute and reminiscent of email chains/pen pals. It reflects a lot of the current times without the characters losing their hope and playfulness. Very enjoyable!

Reply

Samadhee Ismail
15:01 Mar 29, 2020

Thank You!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.