0 comments

General


Chapter One


“WOW! Look at the skies today! Look at the stars form a pendant today. I have never seen such a thing what it could mean Ethan? It seems so vast does not it—the whole universe that is”, said Eli.

“I do not know, why would I know?”, responded Ethan.

“Maybe because you work at NASA. It’s 2050, so maybe you just might know”, said Eli.

“All I know is that you are indeed right about the cosmos. It is truly is indeed expansive” said Ethan.

“I heard there is supposed to be a red moon today with a meteor shower today”, replied Eli.

“Ya, so?”, asked Ethan.

“You don’t seem to care. Why is that?”, responded Eli.

“If you must know, tonight’s sky’s reminds me of something that happened in the past”, answered Ethan.

“What?”, inquired Eli.

Chapter Two


“Well it was the eve of my midnight ball. For you Canadians it would be called, how you a, “high school prom”, something like that and my grandmother had just received a brave purple medal in the Big War of 2025-25 years ago. I am old guy now-I am 102 now; I do not think you would get what my grandmother meant to me. You’re but a mere young lad”, said Ethan.

“Sure, I will, go on”, replied Eli.

“She was not like just some ordinary war veteran, as respectable as that is, she was like a mother to me”, continued Ethan.

“A mother?”, said Eli.

“Ya”, said Ethan.

“I have a mother too I know what you feel like. But what do the stars and the sky today have to do with anything? What is the big deal, everyone has a mother and a father? Why is having a mother, or even a grandmother so much more important and special to you than to anybody else?”, said Eli.

“Well, Eli I am going to tell you this since you are sleeping over at my grandson’s Emmanuel home and you are a close friend of him, so you must keep this a secret”, said Ethan.

“Well, of course”, said Eli.

“So, you know all mother-son relationships, or in this case, grandmother-grandson relationship, will have its up’s and down?”, responded Ethan.

“And????”, responded six-year-old Eli.

Chapter Two

“She provided me with a message that would change my experience of having a grandmother, and from that moment on she became a mother to me. And after I received the message when night came, I looked out the window and for a very long period, and all night I could not get any sleep. And this is what happened  that day: my grandmother said that my girlfriend's mother, Eva called and her since she knew I lived there she was hoping to talk to me, instead she left a message with my grandmother with because I did not pick up. She said that my girlfriend, May Au got shot in the streets of Chicago. I was sobbing that day. I still remember the day. I was laying on my bed next to the phone. It was 11:30 am. A show we watched always together and ate breakfast together was beginning. Somehow that day, I worked up the courage to go anyway to the ball"


Chapter 3

Continuing he said,

“and there she was, dancing with my best friend. She then kissed him briefly. And to this day I just cannot look up at the skies."

"But you must! Otherwise, you might just miss out on some great things in life--like today's red moon and today's meteor shower or look up now there is a slow-moving aircraft carrying a sign. Go look!!" said Eli

"Boy, do not you dare make me look! And cares about some red moon or meteor shower. I have seen cooler things all the time. I spent my whole time in space" said Ethan.

"Fine, but it a neon orange glowing sign that says: "Sorry, Ethan, I love you. From May", said Eli

"Boy, you better not be joking, I will beat up!", responded Ethan.

" You could not even snap a twig! You cannot take me. You do not have much time, longer, even though it is travelling slowly. You are going to miss the message you been waiting for all these years, and its finally here. Do not miss out! Its a once a lifetime opportunity"

said Eli.

"Okay, I'll look up," said Ethan.

And there it was, but not only that there was the meteor shower and the red moon happening simultaneously.

"Pigs flying!", said Ethan.

" Huh?", replied Eli.

"Oh nothing, I am just shocked, everything you said that would happen, happened and then some, all at the time too. And I received a great message today. Thanks for cheering me up today. I will call her tomorrow, said Ethan.

Ethan bent down and said, "climb on my shoulders lets gaze at the stars together."

And so, Eli climbed on his shoulders and Ethan like a grandfather got up slowly and they gazed together at the stars.

"Oh and Eli, never talk to your parents, grandparents or any elderly person like how you did. Find a better way to say it. Learn from your parents", said Ethan.

" Yes, sir", replied Eli.

Still gazing at the stars together, Eli said "what happened to best friend?"

May married him, and he works as an engineer for NASA. "Funny thing is I worked my way up and now own it", replied Ethan.

" Really? You are the CEO?" said Eli.

"Okay, fine I own stock in the company equal to owning nine percent of the company. Its come along way. I remember when it first IPOed in 2037. Then 10 years later we gave our first dividend" said Ethan.

"What's that?", asked Eli.

" It's when the company has too much cash and doesn't have anything better to do with it investing wise and so the best return is to give it away" responded Ethan.

"I see", said Eli.

" I think we're done gazing at the stars now. Let us go inside", said Ethan

"Just a few more minutes, please!", responded Eli.


“Oh, alright, Eli”, replied Ethan.


April 26, 2020 03:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.