One of the best days ever

Written in response to: Write a love story without using the word “love.”... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Christian Teens & Young Adult

Man Plans.

God laughs.

🙂


Things in life always happen for a reason.

Things in life just don’t always happen when we plan them to happen.

When we plan them to happen.


When life is not happening according to our life plan, we dig our heals in further and further. We believe we have control…..over others, money, food, our wants and desires. And, we work. Work harder. Work even harder to control life, its situations, circumstances and nuances.


We know it is about surrender yet we forge on as if we think our struggles are unique. No doubt about it.

We are all unique—-in His eyes. He knows that our failings are the wake up call he is expecting us to answer.


He is patient and kind.

He does not envy.

He is not boastful.

He is not proud.

He does not dishonor others.

He is not self seeking.

He is not easily angered.

He keeps no records of wrongdoings.

He keeps no record of wrongdoings.

He does not delight in evil.

He rejoices with the truth.

He always protects, always trusts, always hopes,


He never fails.


When we do, fail.

He wraps his arms around us even more.


Where do we find this kind of devotion?


To have the responsibility of another is an awesome and terrifying experience all rolled into one—-


one big giant hug.☺️


’cept,with all things in life, it is important to remember, not everyone likes one,


A hug.😵‍💫


Control is a funny—-not funny ha,ha—but a funny and fickle little reminder that when we reach out, life pays us back in spades and hugs we could have never have imagined.


We just gotta get there, first.

He is patient and kind.

He waits for us to “get it.”


We foolishly think we live on a timeline of our own choosing. When things do not go as we planned, we rebel. We convince. We struggle. We cheat. We steal the moment. Of another.


Perhaps. Surrender is the counter point to Satan’s whispering words of temptation and coercion. To envelope us into doing things we never thought we were capable of.


He knows this. He knows Satan like the back of His gentle and kind hand. He knows we are so, so much more than the mistakes and failings that keep us in a state of wondering.


Wondering and wonderful are two separate things.

Really.

Satan has a handle on one and uses this nasty tool to entice us into wrongdoing when we are weak. Our weakest.


Yep. In our weakest and frailest moments. Satan is there to pound the hammer on top of us. To push us down further. Into thinking we are less than.


Satan has help along the way in societal ways of saturation….

Thank Goodness, He knows this, Satan’s tools of choice.


He has a different set of tools so in His tool box to wedge us out of our own misery. He knows, knows misery may prefer company, being a lone is not always lonely, keeping too busy is a coward’s way of saying, “I know better”.


He gently wedges us back into the nooks and crannies of his constant devotion to us. We may try to wiggle out of His desire for us to be better, and He knows this too.


He knows a thing or two about suffering.

We may think we suffer. When we do not get the “likes”, the call, the shoes, the purse, the game ball, the this or the that.


Devotion is a constant in His world of geometry and algebraic equations—no matter how many symbols are added to the equations.


He knows the equation of our life is simple.

Devotion to someone greater than the self.

We are given His gifts for a reason. Today, being one of the two best days ever in this crazy, crazy world.


I have learned this hard truth.


Hard tests=hard truths.

What happens next is anybody’s guess.


Like a multiple choice test question🙂.


Satan’s societal “norms” will always try to rope us into one way of thinking. Its way of thinking.

Thank goodness.

Thank God He is well aware of these devilish and insidious tactics.

Why?

Because they are sneaky and they present to us not as a present, as a gift at all. They present as a form of caring. A caring for our well being. Life gets rather big sometimes.


Keep on praying.

Keep on living the hard truths of the hard tests of life. We will then find the answers to what is real. He will help us. He keeps it real.


Who is real.

What is real.

Really real.

Satan is a monster.

Monster-like in its ability to take a hold on our lives in ways we do not always see coming. We get roped in. Roped in to a system of beliefs we do not agree with and then must succumb to its ways.


Nope.

How do we fight this systemic-Satan-like-way?


Look up.

Look out.

Devote to another.

Devotion to a higher power.


The answers lies in the timeframe of His.

Not ours.

Walk the walk in His direction.


There are no short cuts.

No matter how smart we may think we are.

We wonder who plays for the better team, with all the pics, and images and posts and prettiness flashed across our faces in an instant.


He is steadfast in His devotion to making sure we see truth and get this right.


On His term.

His way.

Not the screens of our lives.

Yes. During the days, the days of our lives, we hedge, we fake, we look another in the eyes and we lie, cheat and steal away a moment of another’s life, theirs, their life.


And. We think we “won.”


Nope.


Responsibility for another being comes the moment we hold their lives in our hands.

And ends when He calls us home to be with Him.


In the meantime, we struggle, stagger and trip over ourselves in ways that Satan just sits there and laughs at while the tools of his trade are cut right into our hearts.


He is patient and kind.

He will wait for us to “get it.”


Happy Saint Valentine’s Day.


One of the best days ever!🙏🏻✌🏻






February 14, 2024 13:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.