0 comments

Fiction Drama Horror

There were once 2 little kids running around, their names were Zak and Hannah and as they were playing, they thought it would be a good idea to play tag.  While they were playing tag Hannah accidentally ran into the road and got hit while holding her f avorite doll. HANNAH Zak yelled in a panicking scar ed voice calling for help begging for Hannah to wake up. The person who hit her called 911. Hannah was already gone before she even got to the hospital. Zak was devasted but the doctor did ask him if he wanted her doll for a reminder of her passing. Zak of course too k the doll and just looked at it in sadness. Missing his friend. As the years passed Zak got better but still never forgot about Hannah. He kept her doll right on his nightstand or dresser. But as he got older, he started to realize that the doll would move on its own. Th ings also moved around on their own when Zaks friends were over. Zak found this weird because it had never happened before. This started happening last year . When Zaks’ friends found out the truth about it they told him he either needs to get help or get rid of the doll. He refused the offer. He didn’t want to get rid of the doll, the last thing he had left of his childhood friend. Well at least put that doll somewhere where the doll can’t cause any trouble tommy said. It hurt Zak to agree with his little brother, but he did. Zak put the doll in a glass case in his living room. As his roommates still felt uneasy but it was better than nothing. Until 1 particular night Zak’s brothers were staying over, and Wilbur menti on he saw a woman in a white dress with a red ribbon in her hair sitting in the living room. Wilbur asked Zak about he just sat there and said oh that’s Hannah she likes to wander around the house. Wilbur’s eyes winded . YOU SAID YOU LOCKED UP THE DOLL Wilbur said. Yeah, I did but I like to take her out when you're not around, Z ak replied. Tommy and Wilbur were shocked of how he could be okay letting a doll out of its case. Oh, wait is the spirit that’s attached to the doll that 1 girl you had a crush on when you were little tommy asked. Zak sigh ed. "Yes , I most of the time can’t stop thinking of what I could have done to save or help her, " Zak answered. As much as Wilbur and Tommy wanted to feel bad for Zak, they thought he needed to ge t rid of the doll .  It was eventually nighttime, and Wi lbur was going downstairs to go get a drink of water until he looked over his shoulder and saw the doll sitting in the living room. But all of a sudden, the door opened up slowly . Wilbur was confused of how it could open all by itself. So as the dumb self he was he went to go check out what could of opened it and he also picked up the doll off the floor. He knew his brother Zak would kill him, but he didn’t care he wanted to find out what was so important to the doll. Wilbur looked and he saw a little written word he made out of what it said and it said Hannah. So he knew Zak wasn’t kidding it d id actually belong to Hannah. Now he understood why the doll was so important to Zak. But while Wilbur was putting the doll back in it’s case he felt something touch his shoulder. He looked behind and there was Hannah staring at him dead in the eyes. Wilb ur screamed and ran upstairs and locked h is door and didn’t walk out until the next morning. When it reached morning Wilbur knew he could finally relaxed . Tommy asked him if he was okay . Yeah im okay Wilbur replied. Zak already knew what had happened and why Wilbur was acting like that and he was not happy. When Tommy left the house Zak asked Wilbur if he touched the doll. Wilbur obviously came clean and said yes, he did touch the doll . WHAT THE FUCK WILBUR ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY Zak told him. WELL WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT FOR ME TO DO IT WAS ON THE FLOOR AND I WAS CURIOUS said Wilbur. Wilbur knew he fucked up but didn’t know it would be that bad if he touched it. Zak mentioned he won’t feel bad if something bad happens to him. W ELL MAYBE IF YOU TOOK THAT DOLL TO A PREIST WE WOULDN’T HAVE A PROBLEM, said Wilbur. THEN HER SPIRIT WOULD NO LONGER BE I N DOLL PLUS IT WOULD JUST MAKE THE SITUATION EVEN WORST, Zak yelled back. They stood there in silence for a second realizing that the close brothers they are once we were no longer there. They wanted to apologize but Zak went into the living room and picked up the doll and didn’t talk for the rest of the day . Wilbur knew he felt guilty but obviously Zak wasn’t giving up that doll anytime soon.   Eventually Zak talked to the doll Wilbur thought Zak was losing his mind, , but he wasn’t . He was talking and seeing a spirit of a friend that he lost years ago. But Wilbur wasn’t going to take that as an excuse . He still found it quite stupid to care so much about a haunted doll. But when he turns around Hannah’s spirit is standing right there in front of him. He tumbles over and freaks out. Hannah threatens him to be nicer or else. Of course, Wilbur agrees and even promises to be nicer. Then Hannah just disappears Wilbur staring at the doll and runs away. (Fast forward years later) Zak eventually reached an ol d age and chose to put the doll in a measume. Where she now is sitting in a case. (This story was inspired by the movie Annabelle)  

September 28, 2023 12:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.