2 comments

General

I looked out my window, yet another blizzard had settled upon the city. This was going to make me late to the restaurant and to add to that, just last week they finished adding five extra lanes to the highway, but it didn't fix anything - there's still tons of traffic.

 I probably should have just got one of those flying taxis but they're so expensive. Just to go from my apartment to the restaurant I'm currently going to would cost $50 and I have other things to spend my money on. Or I could have got a ride on one of those special buses that straddles other vehicles, last time I checked they cost less then flying taxis.

"Jill, how much would it cost to get a bus ride from my apartment to the Flying Squirrel Restaurant?" I asked.

"It would cost $5.50" Jill answered.

I already would have been there if it wasn't for this stupid blizzard or I could have just been smart and took one of those new buses and I would have already been enjoying my meal.

"Jill call Myra" I said.

"Calling Myra."

"Hi Edward how's it going?" Myra answered.

"It's going all right, could be better, I'm currently stuck in traffic" I said.

"Well, when you come up here next week you are not going to have to deal with any traffic" Myra said.

"I would hope not, and about that, I don't know if I can make it up there then."

"Why not, what's going on?" Myra exclaimed.  

"Well, my boss lowered my pay just yesterday so I don't think I can afford it. I'm sorry, I can come up later once I 've saved up more" I said.

"That's too bad, how much more money would you need to make the trip now?"

"Um $700, but you don't have to spend your money on me I'll just come once I can afford it" I answered.

"No, I insist, I really miss you, I'll send the money to your bank account."

"Okay I miss you too, bye."

"Goodbye, can't wait to see you" Myra said.

"Jill do you think Myra is right for me?" I asked.

"Yes I do, I think she's a lot better then that Nicole lady you used to date" Jill said.

"Yeah I agree. Jill please buy one ticket to the Moon" I said with a grin.  




January 09, 2020 04:26

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Sam Kirk
02:13 Jan 14, 2020

I chuckled when I read about 5 extra lanes. And the buses that straddle cars? GENIUS! And the ending so funny and sweet. Well done.

Reply

Unknown User
18:31 Jan 14, 2020

thanks for reading my story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.