3 comments

Mystery

**

Pru (non-italicized is Pru)

Katya (italicized is Katya)

**


(August 23)

hey, katya, how's life?

It's well, Pru, thanks.

np.

How about you? How are you holding up?

eh, pretty good. i'm just bored because it's spring break.

same as always. -_-

Well, I'm sorry you're bored. Wish I could see you, but needless to say I'm all the way in London.

i still can't believe you got accepted on the trip! for FREE!!

Pru, are you still mad about that? I thought you would get accepted too. I hate to say it, but I had to go, with or without you. Not only was it my dream to go to London, but you know that's where my dad grew up.

...you really don't get it? i'm not mad, just disappointed that you went without me. we've been planning to go on this trip since we entered high school!! listen, i understand it's important to you, but it was important to me, as well.

Pru, I'm honestly very sorry that you feel this way. I know it's important to you, and I know it wasn't the greatest thing to do, but my father. He died two months ago, Pru! I miss him like crazy and that's really all I can think about. I'm not sorry that I went, even though I probably should be. Pru, through all of our friendship, I was always doing things for you, with you. Never for myself. To be frank, it's really tiring, Pru, always doing things you want. You never stop to ask what I'd like. Remember the time my mom was sick with pneumonia and somehow you convinced me to go skating with you?! You knew she was sick. Something so insignificant as skating came before my sick mother, and that makes me sick at myself. No, I'm not necessarily blaming you, but Pru, what if she would have died. And I didn't even care. I'm tired of being like that. That's no way to live. You are my friend, Pru, but sometimes our friendship seems one-sided.

so that's all you really have to say? no more criticizing me? i mean, honestly are you done? i don't get how you could say that. what do you mean 'i was always doing things for you...never for myself'? i did EVERYTHING you wanted. you say you did what i always wanted but, Katya, that's exactly the opposite of what happened. you act like you're so innocent.

Really?! Then please, I beg you, give me ONE time we did something that ONLY I wanted to do. I bet it's really hard to come up with anything, isn't it?

i went to your dad's funeral when i didn't want to go. like i want to see a stiff.

You have to be kidding me. Are you serious?! What is wrong with you? I asked you to go because my father had just DIED!!! If you really felt that way, then why did you come in the first place? If you were actually my friend, you would want to come, no matter if he was dead. Especially if he was dead. Did you even care at all? How I felt, how my mom felt? Or did you only pay attention to your own discomfort? Honestly, Pru, you need to grow up. How could you even say that?! You've really changed.

don't act like you're the victim here, katya. everything is katya this, katya that. of course i was uncomfortable, you were acting like such a baby, whining and crying. death is a part of life. if anyone needs to grow up, it's you.

Acting like a baby?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? OF COURSE I WAS CRYING, MY FATHER HAD JUST DIED!!! But of course you wouldn't understand that, since your parents left you before you even knew 2+2. You are the literal definition of rubbish. You're crazy, you know that?! My father had died. I was to see him no more, and you want to call me a baby. You're so childish.

don't call me childish, i'm warning you. and if you talk about my parents one more time, you won't be happy. at all. that's all i have to say to you, crybaby.

What are you going to do, fly to London, where you weren't invited?

oh you'll see. you'll see.

Okay, Pru, I'm sure I will. Thanks for nothing.

(You have blocked Pru Winstead, do you want to confirm this?)

(Yes)


**

Katya (still italicized)

All Other Characters (non-italicized)

**


(August 25)

(You have been entered into a group chat)


Unknown 1: How could you do that to Pru, Katya?

Unknown 2: You're a monster.

Unknown 1: Yeah! What did she ever do to you?

I'm sorry, who are you?

Unknown 1: No one you need to worry about.

What is that even supposed to mean? How'd you get my number? Not that it's your business, but I didn't do anything to Pru, actually. What are you getting at here?

Unknown 2: It means exactly what they said. Don't worry about who we are, it's not your business. Again, it's not your business how we got your number. Really? You didn't do anything to Pru? Little Ms. Backstabber is now Little Ms. Liar too. What are we getting at? We're getting at the fact that you, Katya Meyers, slept with Pru's boyfriend, Andrew.

You've got to be kidding me. Are you serious?! Okay, listen, I don't know who you are, and I don't care to know. You can tell Pru to shut her mouth, and for your information, I'M GAY!!! Why would I sleep with Andrew?! Even if I was straight, I wouldn't sleep with that fleabag!!! For one, Andrew is a no-good stoner, and for two, that's just ignorant! Once again, I don't know who you are, but you really need to get a grip. Tell your precious little goddess the same. You guys disgust me.

Unknown 1: We don't listen to liars, Katya. Just admit to the truth. We know you've liked Andrew since before him and Pru started dating.

Unknown 2: You can say you're not interested in Andrew, but we can see the way you make lovesick eyes at him when he's passing by in the halls.

Unknown 1: There's no use lying. Just tell us why you did it. I mean, obviously you're a horrible scumbag and there's no excuse but we're curious.

Listen, you can either believe me or not. I really don't care. I'm going to say this for the LAST time. I did not sleep with Andrew. I am GAY. Which means, I do not like people of the opposite gender, hence, I do not like Andrew. I don't know if the word 'GAY' registers through your thick skull but, eh.

Unknown 2: You're going to continue to lie? Then there's no use being in this conversation. Goodbye, Katya.

Good riddance.


**


(August 25)

What's wrong with you?! You know I'm gay!! I'm sorry if my insensitive London expedition offended you, but you need to get over yourself! When have I EVER expressed interest towards Andrew, or any male for that matter? Answer is, I HAVEN'T. I knew you were upset with me, but did you really have to go THAT low?! Now I'm either going to be viewed as a backstabbing, lying, obscene person, or I'm going to be viewed as that one gay kid. I thought we were friends, or not even that, I thought you were an honest person. Even if we were never friends, why would you do something like this? Do you want everyone to hate me? Do you???

Pru: i have no clue what you're talking about

Fine, be that way.


(September 1)

New Unknown Number: Is it true that you slept with Andrew AND told Pru that she was too ugly to have him anyway??

(Blocked)


(September 2)

New Unknown Number: You slept with Andrew for money and then told Pru that he came onto you? What kind of sick person does that???


(September 2)

New Unknown Number: Hold on, so you're telling me that you tried to sleep with Pru, but when she said no, you slept with Andrew instead? Wow, you really are an obscene person. A gay one too.


(September 3)

New Unknown Number: You're really sick. I can't believed you'd do that. I don't even have the heart to say it, just know you're sick.


(September 4)

New Unknown Number: You deserve to be in jail. Be glad I'm not a snitch.


(September 5)

New Unknown Number: Have fun with the cops, sweetie.

Can everyone please just STOP?! Just leave me alone!! I didn't do anything to Pru, Andrew, or any of you!! You don't know the whole story, and hence, you shouldn't spread rumors. I know you didn't start the rumor, but I'm sure you told a multitude of people what "facts" you heard. Listen, I don't know who you are, I don't know who ANY of you are, but please, have compassion and please stop. I know that when it's not you, it's hard to see how it affects someone else, but please, try to have empathy. Please. I'm sorry if I upset you, Pru, or anyone else, I really meant no harm.

You didn't hear this from me, but Pru threatened to start a rumor from anyone that didn't spread this one. I'm honestly very sorry, and to be quite frank, I disgust myself. I know it's not any better, but I only told one person, who was my 90 year old delirious grandma. Please forgive me, Katya. It's not right, any of this situation. I am in the wrong here, and I figure I owe you an explanation. To start, I'm Andrew. You know, the whole notorious guy who supposedly 'slept with you'. Just so you know, I told Pru to stop and that this wasn't right, but she doesn't listen. In fact, she broke up with me, and I'm kind of glad, considering I don't need to be with anyone like that anyways. I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'm sorry that you were ever friends with her, sorry that I didn't try hard enough to stop it. Sorry that I told my grandma, sorry for this wretched situation. You have every right to be mad at me. I'm mad at myself, even.

Andrew, huh? I'm not going to sugarcoat things and say I'm not a bit upset. But, that's to be expected, isn't it? I accept your apology and am grateful that you didn't share this with anyone except your grandmother. I forgive you, Andrew. Please don't apologize anymore. What's done is done. Don't be too hard on yourself. Peer pressure can get to people, some more than others. Don't take this with offence, but I'd appreciate it if I could be left alone for awhile, please? It's nothing against you, I just need time to settle down and not be so upset. I know I shouldn't be asking you this, because it's not your fault, nor your issue, but if you could, could you please tell people it's false, this whole thing? I understand if you don't want to. In fact, if I were you, I'd want to be as far away from this situation as I possibly could. I'm honestly lucky that I'm still in London. Thank you, Katya.

Thank you so much...I know that you don't want me to be upset with myself, but I can't help it. I understand that you'd like to be left alone. I'll do all I can to get people to leave you alone, Katya. I can't thank you enough for your kind words. I really do appreciate it. Glad you're all the way in London. Try to remain positive.

Thank you, Andrew.


**1 YEAR LATER**

"Katya! Over here," Andrew shouted from across the cafeteria.

Katya hurried over, a bit embarrassed from his shouting. To some, she still wasn't out of the clear yet. Despite the fact that Pru had been required to send an apology and the truth out to every person in the school. Pru had also moved? At least that's what everyone assumed. Pru had just disappeared one day without a trace. Some suspected morbid things, others expulsion, but most just thought she'd moved. Katya offered Andrew a high-five, which he returned loudly. Iris, Katya's recent girlfriend, sat on Katya's other side, with Tobias on the other side of Andrew. Tobias, Andrew, Katya and Iris, all became friends within a short period of Andrew's confession text to Katya. Iris was a spiky, raven-haired, porcelain-skinned, small, skinny elfish looking girl. Tobias was a chestnut-skinned, long, black-haired, gothic character. How he and Andrew ended up friends was a miracle. Iris squeezed Katya's hand as a greeting and looked up at her.

"Guess what," Iris asked Katya.

"What, is something wrong?"

Iris shook her head.

"I got accepted into LIM," she squealed joyfully.

A smile broke out across Katya's face. Iris had applied for Fashion Marketing, while, Katya had applied for Business of Fashion. The departments were right next to each other, meaning they would be able to see each other often.

"I'm glad."

Katya leaned over and kissed Iris on the cheek. Andrew feigned disgust.

"Get a room."

Katya cocked an eyebrow. "It was on the cheek. I mean, come on all of those Disney princesses kiss their prince on the lips but I can't kiss my girlfriend on the cheek?"

Andrew shook his head and started, "When you guys do it, it's weir-"

Katya playfully shoved him. "Shut up."

Katya looked over at Iris. "He's a nutjob, I'm telling you."

Iris nodded her head in agreement.

-AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER-

(unless...) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(okay they lived happily ever after-well as happily as could be, this wasn't a fairytale after all)










April 11, 2020 19:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Cam Croz
01:03 Apr 16, 2020

Cool story! (Love your name BTW XD)

Reply

Luna Lovegood
15:30 Apr 16, 2020

Thank you so much!! (on account of the name as well lol) It means a lot to me~!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
23:35 Jul 25, 2020

Love it! Keep it up, Luna! (Love your pen name, too! Luna Lovegood is one of my favorite Harry Potter characters. 😁😁😁) Oh, would you mind checking out my story ‘The World Is Your Playground’ if you have a chance? Thanks so much! ***aERIn***

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.