0 comments

Drama

           I'm going to kill her. This isn't a figure of speech. I'm going to kill her. She's coming over for the holidays. That's the perfect time. See, I live with the other people at this house and I have a driver's license which says I live here. So, all I have to do is tell this woman to leave. She'll say something like What are you talking about? I just got here. Then, I'll say, “I am afraid for my life. Leave or I'll have to other choice but to kill you. Leave.” At this point, she'll be scared and freeze like a bear in the headlights and then I'll shoot her. I have to make sure she's facing towards me though and not away from me. If she's facing away from me, it's not self-defense. It's aggression. I've studied the law and I know the law. But, even if I know the person, which I do, as long as I say those magical words, I can shoot her and there's nothing the cops can do about it. Then, she can't destroy anyone else's life.

*

           A few years ago, this bitch signed a sheet of paper that said I observed her practice for forty hours, which is true. I did observe her practice for forty hours, but I said no.  It's not something I can see myself doing with the rest of my life. But, my mother blew a fit and told me to lie to my dad and tell him this is what I wanted to do because some day I'd thank both of them for this. Welcome to some day. I bought a gun and bullets before the goddamn legal guardianship. I registered it before the guardianship and I kept it in its case. Pretty smart for someone who's permanently disabled. It was a false positive. I know it was a false positive. See, drugs, insomnia, and other things can cause a false positive on a neuropsyche eval. I suffer from insomnia. Had caffinated cola that night and couldn't sleep. The bitch wrote I'm severely mentally disabled with no hope of recovery and I need to be on permanent disability. Bitch Two. Today though I'm only going to worry about the first bitch. She'll come with suitcases and to hug everyone and soon be regamortis. I am not allowed to own a home, drive a car, or even have friends or decide where I live. But, today I'm going to shoot her and call the cops. No tears will come out of my eyes for her or her family. There are no dreams left. I've lost everything so this is now my dream. My dream is to kill her before she signs another sheet of paper for someone who has observed her practice. Bitch. Her family can do whatever the fuck they want with the body. Me, I'd put it in the dumpster, where she belongs. I could force her into the attic. Nah, why prolong the inevitable.

           People say the happiest day of their lives is when they have a baby. I'm not allowed to have babies because of this bitch, but after the visit, I'll be free or at least no one else will be enslaved by her.

*

           The doorbell rings. My sister says she'll get it and it's her. The bitch is here. So I go in my room and look under the mattress and there they are. My hand gun with .22s. And I stick to the plan. I say she isn't welcome, I'm afraid for my life, and if she doesn't leave, I'll shoot her. But, there's a saying: The well laid plans of mice and men do often gang aglay. Or maybe that doesn't describe it. Anyways, I wait a beat after telling her to leave and I pull the trigger. She flies backwards due to inertia and my mom is screaming or crying. I can't tell which. And her blood is on the walls, the floors, the furniture, on everything. Then, I start to call the police and the bitch moves. She isn't dead. Fuck. So, I try shooting her again, but my mom blocks the way so I wind up shooting my mom in the right forearm and now Mom's screaming, too. I wish neither of them had put me in that major, so I shoot them each again in the head. First the bitch, then my mom. And blood is splattered like a Palmer painting, but they're both dead. 

           So, I call the police and I had remembered to turn on the cell phone camera. I put down my gun on the kitchen table and put my cell phone on the table. The cops came in about five minutes and I interviewed with them well. I explained I was afraid for my life and it had to be me or them, so it had to be me. The police officers had me write a statement and sign the statement I'd written. Then, a limo for the dead came and two away to two women. Blood is still everywhere. Then, I got some bleach from the cabinet and started cleaning the blood. Cleaning it was easy.

           I don't have any siblings, aunts, uncles, or the like. It was just my mom, her great aunts and uncles, and the bitch. You might say I have no soul, but it was them that had no soul. They're the ones who threatened me to sign the legal guardianship papers, forced me to participate in their religion, shaved my head, threw away my stuff they didn't approve of, all because the bitch signed a sheet of paper. 

           Why not forgive it and forget it? Because certain deeds are so evil, we must protect all humanity from them and this bitch was evil. Now, what about bitch two? Where does she live and how do I convince someone else to invite her to this home so I can kill her, too. Wonder what the concealed weapon permit classes are like and if that would be easier? Nah, for right now, I'm going to enjoy this moment. I look at the walls I just bleached and I realize I can watch anything on TV I want. I can use their cars, their credit card and debit cards and nobody'll care. I can walk around the house naked if I want. I'll need to appeal and get a job, but I can do anything. I'm free and that's the greatest gift of all. 

           Some would call this chuspa, but you have no idea what these women did to me or all the pain I've gone through because of this bitch. They weren't sexually harassed for sid pro qua, they weren't restrained on the ground, afraid of choking, because of living in a state run organization which mandates clean. No, all I ever heard was someday I'll thank them for this. Welcome to some day and my thanks. Welcome to my world. But, I'm free. At least I'm free and now my life can begin.  

March 18, 2023 14:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.