11 comments

Kids

It was a long time I had not received any news about my Granny. I was in my thoughts when the doorbell suddenly rang. Someone had come from the village with news about my Granny. I was shocked when I heard about her serious illness. I packed my bag immediately so that I could start my journey for the village. I informed my boss & had taken approval for leave to visit my granny. I booked a ticket to go to the village as soon as possible.


During my journey the whole time, I was just living my childhood moments which I had spent at my Granny's village.

Still, I remembered nearby our house there was an old Bungalow which was always mysterious for us. Where entry was restricted for all of us. It might have been the trick of our uncle to restrict our childish activity, till our own houses. Suddenly, I jerked and came in a present from my flashback days. I reached the airport & took a taxi to move to my village. All-time I was praying for the wellness of my granny. Being human we have a mentality that our near once will always remain with us & we start taking them for granted but it's not the case.


Finally, I reached granny's house after seeing the place my memories got refreshed, which always brought soothing peace on my face. Also, I glanced at that mysterious house which was still as suspicious as it was. I went to meet granny first, as she was staying alone after I had moved to the UK for a career. She was not well but the doctor told me " she will recover soon but needs to take proper care ". Therefore I decided to stay with her so that I could take care of her till the time she fully recovers. And I had taken the leave from the office. Slowly- Slowly she was recovering; I think that was because of medicine & the feeling of near once both were working for her. One day when I was standing on my terrace in the evening when the sun was about to set & the moon was about to rise, I glanced towards that mysterious house & suddenly recalled I saw one box in my granny's cupboard it was exactly like that which I saw in the same mysterious house.


Suddenly, it seemed like everything was in front of my eyes, it was the day when we came to my granny's house during our holidays. All the children around my house used to play together every evening. There was specific instruction to all of us to not go nearby that mysterious house especially after sunset. But you know in our childhood we all are like that only “If anyone says not to do any specific thing we always deliberately do that only ". So, we believed it & because of such restriction that house always remained a curious subject for all the children. One day we were playing cricket nearby that house, suddenly I played a shot & ball went into that mysterious house. Another child shouted at me “that was my ball, what you did, go & bring my ball back ". There was no other choice for me I had to go & bring the ball back. But you can't imagine my situation from inside; I was too scared after listening to so many horror stories about the house.


Well, I gathered my braveness & entered the house alone. That haunted environment was sufficient to kill my braveness.

The creepy sound of the door seemed as scary as I entered the hall to search the ball. The house was very big with so many rooms. I entered into the first room where I doubted ball could be. Glass of the door was half broken & so dusty. I saw my ball under the bed & entered to bring the ball, by mistake I pushed the handle connected to the bed. Suddenly I saw one secret door opened. I entered the secret room where I saw one mysterious box, in the whole room it was the only thing which was shining like a diamond. It was so mesmerizing, for a few seconds I forgot where I was. Slowly-Slowly my steps started moving towards the box. I was about to touch the box suddenly my friends called me “Jimmy come out fast, it's going to be night. We have to return our homes " then I realized, I was at a mysterious house. Quickly I came out of the room & pulled the handle to close the secret door. And we all left from there.


Today, that same box I saw in my house which was a mystery for me since childhood. But how it was at my house, was my question.

I was very curious to know it & also what was in it? I was waiting for my granny to fully recover, to solve this mystery.

Finally, the day came when granny had recovered & was fit again. I went to granny & asked about the box. She smiled & glanced at me. She brought that box from the cupboard, which was still shining like a diamond. She started opening the layers from the mystery “That house belonged to one of the very rich landlords; he was a very humble & kind person. But in sudden tragedy, his whole family lost their lives, only his son & grandson were alive. But after that tragedy, his son got a shock & got sick. Very soon he also died. But before dying, he gave the responsibility to your grandfather of taking care of his property & hidden treasures'. To protect the property & treasures from the thieves your grandfather made a false haunted story & spread in the village to keep people away from their house. Your grandfather only knew the way of that secret door, from where one could reach the hidden treasure. At the time of his last breath, he told me that secret. As per the instruction of the landlord's son, we were waiting for his son "Milan" to be an adult. Who is the real owner of this property & treasure, "Milan" is studying in the US. After two days he is coming to the village & will hand over his property & box to him which belongs to him. After that, I can take a sigh of relief; it is a big responsibility for us ".


I felt very proud of my Grandfather and Granny for such honesty & keeping up their responsibility in a true manner. I smiled at my childhood incident & told everything to my granny, we both laughed on the mystery of the mysterious box story.

May 29, 2020 03:36

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

11 comments

Sunil Gadoo
16:21 Jun 03, 2020

Awesome story.our grandparents were not educated but were brilliant in handling any situation

Reply

Deepika Gahlot
16:44 Jun 03, 2020

Our elders are always Good in managing & handling the things in better ways ! 🙂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kapil Chhajed
15:36 Jun 03, 2020

Superb :)

Reply

Deepika Gahlot
15:37 Jun 03, 2020

Thank you 🙂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Umesh Singh
15:23 Jun 03, 2020

Very nicely put in words our younger days' visits to our grandparents. And our childish activities along with our elder's sincerity & loyalty. Excellent story with good suspense. Keep writing such interesting stories.

Reply

Deepika Gahlot
15:28 Jun 03, 2020

Thank you for sharing such a deep narration 🙂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ajay Singh
13:29 Jun 03, 2020

This is Awesome story

Reply

Deepika Gahlot
14:35 Jun 03, 2020

Thank you for your valuable comment !

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
07:21 Jun 03, 2020

Nice and very Touchy.... !!!

Reply

Deepika Gahlot
10:51 Jun 03, 2020

Thank you !

Reply

13:54 May 22, 2022

your amazing

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.