0 comments

Crime Adventure Fiction

The city lights were flickering. The police were patrolling the city which was unnecessary. The crimes in the city were leveled to zero. The streets were empty which was a great victory for the greatest crime-ridden city. The city was quiet no doubt but not due to peace. It was the recent darkness and scary events which had scared the people pretty badly. The people including criminals, government officers and police officers were frightened to go out of the city. I kept on wondering. How did this happen? Confused? Let’s flashback a year. 

I was Sam's best friend, his assistant and helper in his crime cases. We used to solve all cases together until one day, we both were transferred to Star city. This city had the world’s greatest criminals. Both of us were scared and shocked at our transfer. As soon as we reached the police station, we got to work. Capturing all high profile criminals. We believed that this would scar the low profile criminals and decrease criminal activity. The police station did have a blast, capturing the greatest criminal minds of the time. But nothing lasts forever. As time passed, the rich criminals used bribes and corruption to avert their punishment. This really annoyed Sam as he was a big believer in Karma and Justice. If he had a chance, he would have killed all the criminals but his hands were tied. According to the law, he was not able to kill criminals. That decision was to be made by the judge. Overtime, Sam started receiving death threats. The death threats usually were about killing him if he did not stop arresting criminals and corrupt politicians and celebrities. The death threats did not just stop there. After some time, his son, his wife, his mother and his father also started receiving death threats. This was his peak time. After this everything changed which turned his life upside down.

One morning, a women came to the police station to report the murder of her husband. She recounted her story, telling that he was a police officer who had not reported to duty today because he was dead. When the police went to investigate, they were shocked by what they saw. They saw the officer hanging by the fan. Underneath him was a stool. The stool was smaller than a regular stool. Sam told me to stand on the stool. I was roughly about the same size as the dead police officer. When I stood on the stand, I was not able to reach the fan above. This meant that the police officer was murdered, not hanged. The police started the investigation and found a pen drive. The pen drive had 1 video. The video was taken in a warehouse. What they saw in the video shocked them all. They saw Sam’s family sitting near a barrel of oil. Sam knew where the warehouse was and so with the police fleet, he drove towards the warehouse. But they were too late. As soon as Sam got out of the car and walked towards the warehouse, the warehouse exploded. Everyone inside the warehouse was burned. That included Sam’s family. Also, Sam’s face was caught on fire and he was rushed to the hospital. Losing his family was the last straw for Sam. He made up his mind to have revenge.

Sam did not agree on having plastic surgery. He used to say that this is how he looked. He had to accept what was happening. After getting discharged from the hospital, he resigned from his post as commissioner. We asked him not to but he did not heed to our requests. Just a week after his resignation, we got a video tape from Sam. He had recorded a video of killing the most wanted criminal who had risen after Sam had resigned. Sam had the criminal and the criminal’s family captured. Sam said “If heads, you live and your family dies. If tails, you die and your family lives.” The coin landed on the tails side. Sam beheaded him in front of the camera and loosened the ropes on the captured family of the criminal. Then he walked away.The entire police department was assigned on arresting Sam. But this was not an easy task. Sam was an expert marksman and had an Off-the-chart IQ. He followed a similar pattern, he used to find the criminal within a week, capture him or her and their family. The. He used to flip a coin. If the coin landed on heads, he used to kill the family and again flip, until the coin landed on tails. If the coin landed on tails, he would kill the criminal and let the family go. We tried to track his every move until we knew his next target, his last target was me.

When I told the mayor, he gave me the best security to keep. Me and my family were kept under strict surveillance for the next week. However, Sam caught up to me. He had me and my family captured. Unlike other criminals, I knew this would happen one day. I secretly sent a message to my team. They apprehended the message and traced my location to a warehouse. There they started putting up the traps and defences. I asked Sam why Me and my family were captured. He said that if a good police officer is executed, even the criminals would start fearing me. Doing tasks and attacks based on my orders. This world is too quiet. It has to be more chaotic. He screamed at him telling him that he was made and that this was unfair. He replied to me saying that what was fair in this war was chance. He then continued “Congratulations, I become a villain but you will die a hero.

He flipped the coin but before it could land, a bullet hit Sam in the heart. The police sniper had killed him from the window above. My Family and I were saved but I was sad and scared. Every night from then, I have the same nightmares. What would have happened if the sniper had not killed Sam. This thought kept haunting me every night until I could not sleep. So I became a vigilante. Serving justice as police in the morning and serving justice as a vigilante at night. However, what freaks me out every night is the broken body of Sam Grace lying on the floor of the warehouse.

May 07, 2021 15:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.