Cease and Desist

Submitted into Contest #34 in response to: Write a story told entirely through text messages or emails.... view prompt

1 comment

General

From: AM43523@LSC.edu

To: BYouth@students.LSC.edu

Date: 3/22/2019

Subject: Cease and Desist


Mister Brandon Youth;


This is your official notification to cease and desist your uncouth actions immediately.  This will legally serve as your first warning. Should the events of March 18th be repeated there will be lasting consequences, up to and including your removal from this project. 


We here at Leominster State College pride ourselves in producing the very best students. This includes having poise and decorum above the usual riff raff that plague our society. Your actions show that you are entirely lacking in the department.  There has been a suggestion that you should be given at a refresher.


Associate Dean Markus Marison will meet you at the Holder building at 7am on Wednesday March 27th to review exactly what behavior is considered intolerable here at Leominster State College.  If you do not show up you will face expulsion from both this project and the college. 


Ameilia Mingle

Student Success Coordinator

Leominster State College



From: AM43523@LSC.edu

To: BYouth@students.LSC.edu

Date: 4/3/2019

Subject: Second Warning


Mister Brandon Youth;


This is your official notification to cease and desist your uncouth actions immediately.  This will legally serve as your second warning. The action you took on 4/1/2019 were indefensible. 


Though it pleases the college that you avoided your previous actions, your subsequent actions were not better, Mister Young.  Associate Dean Marison has passed along the information that you will cease tackling the faculty in between classes. We here at Leominster State College hope that after another meeting with him you will also cease your current actions. 


As such we have taken the liberty of scheduling you that meeting. You are hereby required to report to Associate Dean Marison’s office in the Publican building at 10am on April 8th. As this is the second meeting with the Associate Dean in as many months for your behavior we will be adding these notifications to your permanent record. 


Failure to appear will be grounds for expulsion from the project and the school. 


Ameilia Mingle

Student Success Coordinator

Leominster State College



From: AM43523@LSC.edu

To: BYouth@students.LSC.edu

Date: 4/9/2019

Subject: Official Second Warning


Mister Brandon Youth;


This is your official notification to cease and desist your uncouth actions immediately.  This will legally serve as your official second warning. Please disregard the previous email as a legal second warning


The school formally retracts your previous second warning. As you were correct to point out following faculty through campus and clucking at them is not against the rules. Still it pleases the college that you are willing to desist as it was very embarrassing for the staff. 


However there is the matter of the events of April 5th. As I am sure you are aware those events were very much against our students' code of conduct, if not actually against State and National law.  In light of the colleges overzealous actions regarding the clucking incident the school will not be pressing charges. However you will need to meet with Associate Dean Marison and the School’s dedicated counselor Dr. James Troy.  We have scheduled your meeting for just after your final class on April 11th. Please report to Dr. Troy’s office in McKay towers at 5pm that day.   


Failure to appear will be grounds for expulsion from the project and the school. 


Ameilia Mingle

Student Success Coordinator

Leominster State College


From: AM43523@LSC.edu

To: BYouth@students.LSC.edu

Date: 4/19/2019

Subject: Third Warning


Mister Brandon Youth;


This is your official notification to cease and desist your uncouth actions immediately.  This will legally serve as your third warning.   


Dr. Troy has informed the college of the extenuating circumstance regarding your breaking and entering at Aubuchon Towers. Rest assured the college will not be pressing charges. However, the next time you are locked out of your room may we suggest informing an RA as opposed to trying to break the door down while screaming ‘Ramming Speed’. Dr.Troy did inform us that your blood was more alcohol than plasma at that point. 


This does not excuse the events of April 18th, no matter how much you were grieving.  Your appointment with Associate Dean Marison will be scheduled at 8am on April 22 in his office, which you surely know the location of at this point. In addition you will have a standing appointment of at least once a week with Dr. Troy. Please reach out the Dr. Troy to schedule this appointment for your convenience.  


Failure to appear to either of these meetings  will be grounds for expulsion from the project and the school. 


Ameilia Mingle

Student Success Coordinator

Leominster State College


From: AM43523@LSC.edu

To: BYouth@students.LSC.edu

Date: 4/30/2019

Subject: Final Warning


Mister Brandon Youth;


This is your official notification to cease and desist your uncouth actions immediately.  This will legally serve as your Final warning.   


This final warning is being given as a courtesy. Rest assured that it is not in any way related to your threat to sue the school for Dr. Troy’s breach of ethics.  In accordance with the communication sent by your lawyers there will be no recorded mention of the recent loss of your sister. Also omitted will be how that loss caused you to stage a sit-in protest in the Dupont Administrative building on the 18th of April, even though your protest mentioned her no less than 6 times in three sentences.  


This final warning is in regards to the absolutely heinous events of April 29th. At this time you will be required to meet with Associate Dean Marison, Dean Wilma Gilbert, and President Erin Gallagher before you will be allowed to return to classes. This meeting has been scheduled for you at 1:30pm on May 6th. This meeting will determine your future here at Leominster State College. 


Failure to appear will be grounds for expulsion from the project and the school. In addition there may be criminal charges to be faced. 


Ameilia Mingle

Student Success Coordinator

Leominster State College



From:BYouth@amazon.com

To: BVenshio@LandersFlynn.Law

Date: 4/30/2019

Subject:  Letters from the college

Attachment: Final Warning.Msg;Third Warning.Msg; Official Second Warning.Msg; Second Warning.Msg; Cease and Desist.Msg


Good afternoon Ms. Venshio;


Here are the letters from the school you were asking for. In answer to your question, yes I did deck that bastard James Troi. After everything you cannot believe that I would have done any different. I’m only sorry that I didn’t break more than his cheek.  Your office already has the recordings from my meetings with the school officials.


Regarding my expulsion from LSC. As you know I only began my attendance there to get proof that the school was covering up Dr. Troi’s assault of the female students under his care. It says something about how many he has hurt when he did not connect my name to my sisters. Or perhaps he truly did not care. 


After reviewing my experiences again I can say without a doubt that few of the staff and faculty were unaware of Dr. Troi’s tastes. I believe that some may be under a gag order, such as the Student Success Coordinator Amelia Mingle. It was her emails that got us the leverage that we needed. 


Sincerely, 


Dr. Brian Young

Private Investigator

Psychologist



March 22, 2020 02:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Kate Rucker
00:54 Apr 02, 2020

What?!? Wow! Amazing story! This was super fast-paced and kept me guessing until its end! Can’t wait to see what else you write!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.