4 comments

Romance Drama

Isabella saw Xiomara was walking down the aisle in her elegant wedding dress that brought out her curved hips. She made the English dress look exquisitely royal and she was longing for the touch of his mouth on her lips as the priest said to her do you take Marcus Gonzalez to be your one and only husband.  


“Aaaah” Isabella screamed before realizing all to suddenly it had been a dream but still the very thought of Marcus marrying Xiomara, her high school rival, sickened her to the stomach but then if she wanted to be with him why had she not been able to bring herself to say yes yesterday when he had got down on his knees in front of everyone at her birthday party and looked into her eyes . Ooh the look in his eyes when she had said no. It felt as if she had pierced a dagger through his chest. She wanted to marry him, but she still felt like there was a chance for her and Michael even though she had broken up with her. He had promised to wait until she decided between Marcus and him. Lost in her thoughts, she did not realize when her mother walked in 


“Honey you ok, you haven't eating anything since last night. I will not pressure you although Marcus has the sexiest abs I have seen since your pops. Are you sure you don’t want in?” she asked giggling  


  “Ma, how would you know? . ” Isabella said throwing the pillow at her mother and yanking herself out of bed. She had to get ready for work at the hotel 








She hopped into the car and decided she would try  to avoid Marcus at work although that would be difficult since he worked at the hotel. His father owned the hotel, but he was sick and already near his death bed; so he was next in line. 


 Isabella took a deep breath as she walked through the office doors and headed down the stairs to the reception. She was about to open the door when she heard loud gasps. She turned there was no one here. She turned and then realized the sounds were coming from the supply cabinet. They were not just gasping but orgasms. Somebody was having it in the cabinet: she grabbed the door handle and looked inside. Michael and Claudia!!!!!! What? . As the light from outside came through to the cabinet. Michael realized somebody was watching and then noticed it was Isabella. 


   “Wait you don’t understand” he said rushing to her, but she was gone.  


  “It's ok honey, her loss” Claudia said captivated by his good looks.  


  “I’ve got to go” he said zipping up his pants. He was embarrassed that Isabella had caught him in his endeavors. ‘What had he been thinking?’ he thought to himself, but the harm was already done  






Meanwhile a floor above Isabella, Marcus was going through his late mother’s boxes who unfortunately he had not known because she had walked out in them at least that was what he had been told by his father . He was curious to see what he could find about her but what he was about to discover would change things for him forever. As he carried the books to his desk, a strange paper fell out he bent down to pick it and gasped loudly as he read its contents. He realized it was his adoption certificate. He was not a ‘Gonzalez’ that meant he wasn’t really in line for the hotel. It was his sister, Lila, and he had spent his whole life planning for this and had never bothered any other career choices but then what about his father. 


 Did he know? He had to find out. He quickly ran through the corridor and as he was running, he caught a glance of Isabella but now was not the time to amend and fix whatever had happened between them. Immediately he opened the car and drove down all the way to the Queen street hospital. He knew he scarcely had any time left before his father left him.  


     “Where is Decimus Gonzalez?” He yelled at the hospital staff as soon as he realized the room was empty 


   A nurse walked up to him and put her hand on him to comfort and said “He has passed on. Sorry for your loss she said. Also, there is a man wishing to see you to give you something from your father” 


  “Thank you "he replied trying his best to conceal the anger and sadness he felt within him.  


 As he was about to walk out of the hospital someone screamed his name. He turned to see who it was.  


“Yes, what do you want” he said 


   “Mr. Gonzalez this is from your father. He wrote it when he got sick and said to give it to you. Immediately he was gone. ” The man said handing him the letter 


  Marcus opened the letter as soon as he got into the car. It read: 




Dear Marcus  


 If you are reading this, then I must be in heaven already. I want you to know that I love you and have always loved you from the depths of my heart. The first time I held you in my hands you were a year old. You were the first best thing to have ever happened to me. Never doubt that. Sometimes, I beat myself up because I should have been there sooner, but Your mother Lily never told me about you until you were one. We had split up before she got pregnant. I never knew and I am sorry for that. I want you to take care and do not let Isabella go so easily. You see Xiomara might be sexy looking and good on the magazines, but Isabella has an inner beauty one cannot explain. I am not pushing you into your decision. I just want you to be happy son.  


 I love you  


  From your dad 




Once he finished the letter, he realized his dad couldn't have known and that he would have to keep this information confidential or else Lila would use it against him and that his dad was right. Isabella was special. She was loving and kind and although she might not measure up to Xiomara in terms of outward appearances. She had an inner beauty. He wasn’t going to move on with Xiomara just yet unless things got to that.  


  PING PING , the phone went. Isabella checked to see who it was. She hoped it wasn’t Michael. She had been a jerk to think he would wait around. It was Marcus he was setting up a dinner night. A part of her wasn’t interested but then Michael didn’t make her feel like Marcus did. Marcus was just so understanding and loving. The only problem she had with Marcus was that he came with a child and the child just had to be Xiomara’s.  




   KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK 


  Marcus opened the door and glanced up at Isabella she was as beautiful as ever. His whole body felt free and everything felt all right with her in his presence 


“Come in and sit-down Izzy ‘’ he said holding her hand  


She sat down and looked around and glanced at him. ‘He wouldn’t have done all of this if he didn’t love her so what he has a kid. I love kids .Don't I? I just want him don’t matter what he comes with.’ 


“I’m so sorry. I know I broke your heart last night. To be honest  

I just thought everything so fast we didn’t even discuss this you know and you have a kid and you know how much problems I have with Xiomara “ she said hoping with her hoping he would take her back 


  “It’s ok babe, he said touching her hair, “I rushed into things because of my dad. I am sorry and don’t worry Xiomara is just my baby’s mama. Nothing more, I promise ok. ”  


“Eres el amor de mi Vida” Isabella said and as his lips touched hers her heart skipped, and she shivered :she felt open as if he had ripped a layer off her. She moaned and Marcus intensified his tongue. Her lips tasted like honey drowning him from all his sorrows. As he moved in closer, they knocked down the lamp. immediately, She chuckled and backed away “ That was sweet honey but let's save it for the honeymoon” she said and at that moment he realized he had to tell her just in case it might change things between them. He did not want her to find out from the magazines if word got out. He knew many women loved him mostly because of his pockets and his lean and athletic body shape although that was not going anywhere yet. 


 “Yeah if you say so. I could tell you were loving it .I’ll wait until you're ready”. Marcus said and he meant it because she was worth waiting for.  


  His heart started beating because she was about to leave and feared this was his last chance to tell her and then he realized he had nothing to lose. She wasn’t Xiomara or all the other girls he had dated before. She was different.  


  Hey Izzy, he said, can you keep a secret? 




































August 20, 2020 18:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Thom With An H
22:33 Aug 25, 2020

This is a great plot for a story. There is a lot going on so at times it’s hard to follow but it has great potential. You have what it takes to be a good writer and I look forward to more of your stories.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Rambling Beth
07:52 Aug 26, 2020

I agree with Ryan. There's so much potential here and for your first story, this is a great start! You have a lot of exciting elements and I think your ideas are solid. I'd work on not exaggerating the punctuation. For example, the three exclamation marks could be reduced to one and still convey the same meaning. Otherwise, I enjoyed this!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ryan Lieb
23:08 Aug 25, 2020

There's definitely potential here. Lots of characters, the two love options for the protagonist, the kid, the affair, the father/inheritance/adoption story, it's kind of a complex web that definitely could be fleshed out into a good romance/drama. As-is, it's a little confusing. I would focus mainly on eliminating run-on sentences. for example: '“Aaaah” Isabella screamed before realizing all to suddenly it had been a dream but still the very thought of Marcus marrying Xiomara, her high school rival, sickened her to the stomach but then i...

Reply

Zammie I
19:09 Aug 26, 2020

Thanks I will work on that and yeah I get you it is a little bit complex

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.