0 comments

Fiction LGBTQ+ Holiday

It's the most beautiful time of the year. It was September 1st when I started to do my bucket list. They say that the bucket list are for people who is dying, but I guess it is allowed for everyone?

I pushed myself to finish my bucket list before December 30. I did bunjee jumping, I ride a hot air balloon with my girlfriend, we went to see aurora borealis together.

I travelled to Europe then I also went to the Great Wall of China. I also watched my favorite band, and I'm hoping that it's not the last time. I climbed a mountain, and even joined the marathon.

I only have two left in the list, and I want my girlfriend Chloe, to join me finish my 2020 bucket list. I texted her to meet me at the place where we can clearly see the stars.

I offered her to join a ride but she refused. I went to the place 5 minutes before call time. It's quiet. I can see the city lights from below, and it was chilling.

"Hey," I looked back to see where the sweet voice came. I can't help but to smile and hugged her, "I missed you." I said then I heard her laugh, "What? We just literally met yesterday," we both laughed.

I asked her to seat down then we both looked at the sky. "I can't believe that we both met here, we confessed here, we shares our firsts here. It feels like it was just yesterday."

I intertwined our hands together and smiled, "Your hands fits in mine like like it's made for me," I said and looked at her, I stared at her like she was the moon, like she holds all the aspects and colors of the universe. "Was it a song?" she asked them chuckled.

"Even if it's a song, love, I mean it." I said and gave her a sweet smile. "So, what are we doing here?" she asked, probably changing the topic.

"Remember my bucket list?" she nodded, "I'm about to make the second-to-the last list," I said, she was just listening to me. "You want me to do it again with you?" I nodded.

"It would be memorable for me, and to you if we would make it together." I opened my small notebook and smiled, "Number nine, name a star."

I looked at her, we both smiled as we met each other's eyes. "Really? Omg! I'd love to do that!" I chuckled when I saw her childish side again.

We looked at the sky and we found a near star to us. It was a bright one, like Chloe. Because even in the dark, she still bright. "What will you name it, love?"

"Avle."

"Avle?" I nodded. It was cute, isn't it? "When you mix Avery and Chloe, it will be Avle. When we are together, we are one heart with two bodies. It simply means that we are one, Chloe."

Weeks have passed by fast and it is already December 23. I was planning to make the last one on the list earlier. Chloe entered my Condo with her bright smile, "Hi love!" I gave her a kiss.

"Your sister says you have something to say, what is it?" I was nervous, I will do it now, it's now or never. I took a deep breath and asked her to sit down.

I held her hand and smiled at her. "You now I love you, right? I love you since the day my eyes laid on you." nervousness was traced on her face yet she still nodded.

"The day I knew I love you already, I promised to myself that you are the last one until my last breath. I treasure you the most, love. I love everything about you, especially you." I gave her a sweet smile.

"Is everything alright, love?" I nodded and gave her another smile to convince her. I stood up and took a box at my pocket. Her eyes went big when she saw a red box on my hands.

"Chloe, are you willing to spend the rest of your life with me? Will you marry me?"

Without hesitation, she said yes and I gave her a tight hug. I wore the ring on her finger, I can't help but to smile when it perfectly fits on her.

"I love you, love! Thank you!"

Chloe's POV

"I want to rest now, love. I had a great day with you."

I smiled, "Are you tired now, love?" I asked and she nodded. We were on a video call, she just said that she already finished her bucket list! And the last one, is to propose to me.

Avery is the sweetest.

"Rest now, love. You did great." she waved, "I love you, love. Thank you for everything. See you soon!"

I smiled as she said I love you again. If only I knew everything was not okay, if only I knew, I haven't let her sleep. If only I knew, I wouldn't put the phone down.

"Ma'am, Miss Avery Smith died at exactly 4:00 am on her room."

I held my lips and cried so much. It's not happening, right?1 It's impossible! We were just talking lately! God, please, no. "H-how?! We are just talking at each other!"

"I was about to call her because Miss Rian wants to talk to her but I just saw her lying on her bed, unconscious. Good thing her phone doesn't have a password, I think she left a note on it, Ma'am."

I immediately went to their house. Their maid assisted me and gave me Avery's phone. I can't help but to cry.

Love,

Please don't cry when you heard the news. I don't want to see you cry, I promised to your Mom that I would not hurt you. I'm sorry if I need to leave now, I'm sorry if forever only lasts 18 hours. I'm sorry if I can't fulfill my promises.

Love, please don't blame yourself. Let's just accept that my fate is up there,

I have stage 4 cancer. I refused to take meds, because after all, I will still die. I accepted it already so I hope you will, too. I truly love you, Chloe. But I guess this is the end.

This would be the last time that I will say thank you. and I love you. I loved, will and always love you, Chloe. I hope you will find someone who will love you more than how much I loved you. See you in our next life.

Farewell, my love. 'Til we meet again.

December 26, 2020 02:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.